Sponsored

Fender Light Wiring Schematic/Diagram?

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Sponsored

Last edited:

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever figure this out? I am thinking of wiring aftermarket halos to my DRL’s. It would be cool if they come on and can be turned off with the DRL’s in UConnect.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the front fenders' DRL/Sidemarker/Turn Signal?

It's a 5 wire connector going to the DRL/Turns and a 2 wire on the sidemarker. The side marker is easy....white is power, black is ground.

On the 5 wire to the DRL/Turns...the white and green striped wire powers the turn signal. The white with brown stripe wire powers the DRL through any lighting function, be it parking lights, DRLs or actual lights. Black is ground.

No idea what the other two wires are for. I'm guessing it has to do with the DRL shutting off while the turn signal is blinking for one of the wires, but it may be that they are grounds for separate loops/functions. I couldn't get either to light my circuit tester with any combination of lights on/off.

I'm no electrical expert....so if anyone knows what the other wires are for, I'd appreciate the insight.
FOLLOWING....

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What an odd old thread to drag up. Looks like Sean had some errors in his testing, the white/brown is just the parking lamp.

The link to the drawing you just posted by the way is only for the LED fenders, but its still accurate as far as this discussion goes. Hard to tell what OP has because there were no pictures, and every wire in them is the same except for the side markers.

JQ4life

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the front fenders' DRL/Sidemarker/Turn Signal?

It's a 5 wire connector going to the DRL/Turns and a 2 wire on the sidemarker. The side marker is easy....white is power, black is ground.

On the 5 wire to the DRL/Turns...the white and green striped wire powers the turn signal. The white with brown stripe wire powers the DRL through any lighting function, be it parking lights, DRLs or actual lights. Black is ground.

No idea what the other two wires are for. I'm guessing it has to do with the DRL shutting off while the turn signal is blinking for one of the wires, but it may be that they are grounds for separate loops/functions. I couldn't get either to light my circuit tester with any combination of lights on/off.

I'm no electrical expert....so if anyone knows what the other wires are for, I'd appreciate the insight.

JQ4life

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler

Sean K - just a note to thank you for breaking down the color code for the driving lights. I just installed a new grill on my JL and your post was a bug help. Thank you
Sponsored