Fender flare extensions?

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR
I drilled mine out last night with a 1/4 bit. Took 10 minutes…easy.
I want mine off as well. Did you have to install more plastic rivets to secure anything underneath the extensions?

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
I want mine off as well. Did you have to install more plastic rivets to secure anything underneath the extensions?
Nothing needs to be resecured, they just leave some holes as seen in the pic. I have some plastic rivets coming from Amazon today to clean up the he look.

F94A1AF8-B1AB-45E3-AD8F-D4FFC76A4A69.jpeg

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing needs to be resecured, they just leave some holes as seen in the pic. I have some plastic rivets coming from Amazon today to clean up the he look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender flare extensions? F94A1AF8-B1AB-45E3-AD8F-D4FFC76A4A69
are those the same rivet holes used to hold the plastic underliner to the colored fender or are there additional rivet holes?

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
are those the same rivet holes used to hold the plastic underliner to the colored fender or are there additional rivet holes?
They are just holes…the fender and plastic underlined are attached separately. I filled them with some plastic rivets, from Amazon, last night. I’d take another pic, but the Jeep is at the shop getting PPF installed the rest of the week.

h41g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
They are just holes…the fender and plastic underlined are attached separately. I filled them with some plastic rivets, from Amazon, last night. I’d take another pic, but the Jeep is at the shop getting PPF installed the rest of the week.
Can you link the rivets you bought from Amazon? Not sure what size I need. I'm guessing I need a rivet gun too, did you get both from Amazon?

Was looking at this tool to pop them off: Trim Removal Tool

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Can you link the rivets you bought from Amazon? Not sure what size I need. I'm guessing I need a rivet gun too, did you get both from Amazon?

I didn’t check your link, but if that tool isn’t a drill, it won’t remove the rivets.

Sponsored

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

You definitely can’t remove the rivets with that tool. Drill them out with a 1/4 bit. It’s easy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D6JXC4Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

The MOPAR rivets are ridiculously expensive. I grabbed these from Amazon instead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007QV2E50?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I used this rivet gun, but wouldn’t recommend it. It installed the rivets fine, but was terrible about cutting off the tips. I had to go back over each rivet with a dremel tool.

In the end, all that is being done is to fill the holes. Once the flair is removed, there is nothing else for the rivets to do.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
The flares that come with the XR Package have been inquired about on the Mopar vendor link on this forum. We were told we could pre-order a month or so back when I first inquired.

I see on this post they have been listed, and yes they are reasonably priced. I have not ordered mine yet, got busy and figured I would just wait.

So, now I have a question though. To anyone on this post that has removed theirs, are you wanting to get rid of them? For a reasonable price?

Thanks

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Has anyone tried a push pin or screw in push pin instead of using plastic rivets?

Regards,
Jim

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
No worries, a man has to ask ;) they're cheap enough that once we can, I'll get them from dealer anyway.

Cheers
For my fellow Canadian owners, I got an update from a dealer on when they should be arriving.

They had them scheduled to ship from supplier on Jan 24th and said it's about 2-3 weeks for them to start showing up at dealers. Fronts were about $30CAD+tax (didn't bother asking for the rears yet).
Sponsored