Sponsored

Fender Flare Extender Removal

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Barely know the difference between a wrench and screwdriver but I think the first mod I will do is getting rid of this thing.
It goes by many names, (splash guard, bumper insert) the piece between bumper and front fender flares. There is a video below and I read the comments. My question is where to get the cap to hide the wiring? Apparently, removal leaves a big open panel behind the bumper.

Anyone have experience with this? This video is still useful (they're connected with different bolts on 19s and 20s.) This has probably been asked before but search did not work.

Why do they leave them off the Sahara?

Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Barely know the difference between a wrench and screwdriver but I think the first mod I will do is getting rid of this thing.
It goes by many names, (splash guard, bumper insert) the piece between bumper and front fender flares. There is a video below and I read the comments. My question is where to get the cap to hide the wiring? Apparently, removal leaves a big open panel behind the bumper.

Anyone have experience with this? This video is still useful (they're connected with different bolts on 19s and 20s.) This has probably been asked before but search did not work.

Why do they leave them off the Sahara?

Most just simply cut off the section that rises up from the bumper. 2 birds with 1 stone. You get rid of the bumper to fender filler, while retaining the cover for the backside of the bumper.

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Most just simply cut off the section that rises up from the bumper. 2 birds with 1 stone. You get rid of the bumper to fender filler, while retaining the cover for the backside of the bumper.
I'd screw that up.
I thought there would be a better solution. Everytime new wheels go on they have this issue. Thanks though.

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
Take a razor knife and score it a few times. It takes all of 10 minutes to remove both sides and you do not lose any protection for your fog lights. No need to remove any bolts.Doesn’t get much easier of a free mod

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Take a razor knife and score it a few times. It takes all of 10 minutes to remove both sides and you do not lose any protection for your fog lights. No need to remove any bolts.Doesn’t get much easier of a free mod
Thanks, found a guy from this forum who made a video. He unattached them first. I don't have the jeep yet and I cant stand those things. Ill see if I can do it your way when I have it.

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
Save yourself the time, you do not need to remove them. Just trim with knife. Easy pressure and a few passes. Goes very very easy.
Sponsored