First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@JP29,

Yes we do! As far as we are aware, we are the only company that makes a chop kit, or any fender light specifically for sport fenders.
American Adventure Labs has had an option for the non highline Sport and Sahara fender flares for a while now.
Sponsored

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I have a
Sent you a DM, but we always take care of forum members ;)
[/QUOTE
I have the smoked Quakes and have been very happy with them. No issues with hyper flash or bulb out warnings. The look clean and the sequential signals are cool.
I looked at AAL also, but as others have stated, lead time made the decision easy.
do you have a photo of these installed? Looking at them for my new White 2022 JLURXR

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a

do you have a photo of these installed? Looking at them for my new White 2022 JLURXR
Not really good pics, but you get the idea.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) EBAE944E-3F24-4F6A-BE29-3729F63FAC2D
Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) 5833D8A8-828B-47C1-9141-D792B484323E

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
American Adventure Labs has had an option for the non highline Sport and Sahara fender flares for a while now.
You are right that AAL has a version for the non-highline fenders for sahara/overland jeeps but I would like to clarify that they still don't offer a version for the base sport model jeeps. This is according to their website, although it does say they will attempt fitting a chop on a sport model jeep soon.

To shed some light on the matter, the JL's and JT's have three different fenders that come from the factory based on the trim package:

Rubicon's and equivalent tier trim packages (Mojave) have the highline two-piece fender. This gives the jeep more clearance for larger tires and more articulation as they are the offroad focused models, but the fender can be easily separated to gain even more clearance like these products are designed to accomplish.

Sahara and Overland equivalent trim packages (including the sport s with max tow package for JT's, Willy's with paint matched fenders, Moab etc.) also have a two-piece fender that can be easily separated, but it sits lower down on the vehicle compared to the off-road focused trim packages.

The base model sport (includes Willy's w/o paint matched fenders) have a one-piece fender and a narrower fender light making it completely different. We designed a chop kit for this fender for those that wanted it, but you do have to cut all the way across the fender. I attached a photo of the fender being cut so that way you guys can get an idea of what this installation takes.

IMG_0679 (1).jpg

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pics of mine. I kept the inners though and theyre not the slimline ones. Okay. I dont know why I'm posting them except, I like posting pics of my Jeep. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) 1654021748056

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) 1654021816905

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) 1654021849460

Last edited:

Sponsored

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Here are some pics of mine. I kept the inners though and theyre not the slimline ones. Okay. I dont know why I'm posting them except, I like posting pics of my Jeep. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) gangs-of-new-york-that-was-the-finest-beating-i-ever-took

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender chop kits (AAL vs Quake) gangs-of-new-york-that-was-the-finest-beating-i-ever-took

Nice Jeep! And nice install--looks super clean!

HydroPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep wrangler unlimited jl Rubicon
You are right that AAL has a version for the non-highline fenders for sahara/overland jeeps but I would like to clarify that they still don't offer a version for the base sport model jeeps. This is according to their website, although it does say they will attempt fitting a chop on a sport model jeep soon.

To shed some light on the matter, the JL's and JT's have three different fenders that come from the factory based on the trim package:

Rubicon's and equivalent tier trim packages (Mojave) have the highline two-piece fender. This gives the jeep more clearance for larger tires and more articulation as they are the offroad focused models, but the fender can be easily separated to gain even more clearance like these products are designed to accomplish.

Sahara and Overland equivalent trim packages (including the sport s with max tow package for JT's, Willy's with paint matched fenders, Moab etc.) also have a two-piece fender that can be easily separated, but it sits lower down on the vehicle compared to the off-road focused trim packages.

The base model sport (includes Willy's w/o paint matched fenders) have a one-piece fender and a narrower fender light making it completely different. We designed a chop kit for this fender for those that wanted it, but you do have to cut all the way across the fender. I attached a photo of the fender being cut so that way you guys can get an idea of what this installation takes.

IMG_0679 (1).jpg
Do y'all have any sales coming. That price for a small light is off the charts

AaronS

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Donā€™t mean to resurrect a dated post but, Iā€™m very interested in the Quake version due to the need of the Amber side marker in Pennsylvania (canā€™t find an AAL that seems to have the side marker).

My concern is that I have painted fenders and absolutely do not want to run a bolt through the outside. A few videos that I have seen on the Quake version seems to leave the outside of the fender almost flapping in the wind if you exclude this bolt. Anyone have experience with this or a solution? Would like my mind eased on this before I shell out some significant coin on some lights.
And if anyone has that forum discount code I am not against taking it from you šŸ˜‚

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Donā€™t mean to resurrect a dated post but, Iā€™m very interested in the Quake version due to the need of the Amber side marker in Pennsylvania (canā€™t find an AAL that seems to have the side marker).

My concern is that I have painted fenders and absolutely do not want to run a bolt through the outside. A few videos that I have seen on the Quake version seems to leave the outside of the fender almost flapping in the wind if you exclude this bolt. Anyone have experience with this or a solution? Would like my mind eased on this before I shell out some significant coin on some lights.
And if anyone has that forum discount code I am not against taking it from you šŸ˜‚
I have AAL and painted fenders and didnā€™t like the idea of the fastener either. I believe that it will work fine without it. But I went ahead and used it anyway. I bought touch up paint and painted the bolt head and itā€™s not nearly as bad as Iā€™d feared.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Iā€™ve been running the AAL chop kits sans fender bolts for a few months of spirited driving and have no issues.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD

I just bought and received my smoked version of the Quakes and have seen some YouTubers use JB weld or 3m double sided tape to hold the lights in place, instead of using the screw fastener through the fender.

AaronS

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Thanks guys.. I went ahead and ordered through Northridge.. may try the double-sided tape or jb weld first.. I guess if it doesn't hold well I can always revert to the bolt and paint it as Jeremy suggested.. I will let ya know how it turns out!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been running the AAL chop kits sans fender bolts for a few months of spirited driving and have no issues.
Have you hung your head out the window at speed to check for fender movement without that outboard bolt installed? I liked the clean look of not having that same piece of hardware, until I saw the fender lifting a few inches while parked in an open field during a wind storm with 55mph gusts. Next day I hung my head out as I was getting on the highway, and sure as snot, the fenders started flapping like butterfly wings as soon as I got up to about 45-50mph. And that's with the AAL fender retention hardware kits that replace all the factory white clips and make the fenders a bit more rigid. If I had the painted fenders, I'm sure they would've been cracked to all hell due to the amount of movement.

Just a friendly heads up, buddy.

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
I just bought and received my smoked version of the Quakes and have seen some YouTubers use JB weld or 3m double sided tape to hold the lights in place, instead of using the screw fastener through the fender.
Did you try using the double-sided adhesive from 3m? We suggest doing it this way and have had no issue running highway speeds down the road.
Sponsored