Sponsored

Fellow Sport trim owners; what do you store in your "pleb holes?"

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
As I'm sure you all know, if you buy a base model Wrangler without power equipment or the fancy Rubicon features you get two tiny, awkwardly shaped storage holes in place of those features.

I initially kept excess wire from my dash cam stuffed into the square hole since there's no headliner in the Jeep to route it around the cabin like you're supposed to. I'm not happy with that setup so I've had the dash cam out while I figure something out.

What have you guys found fits in there well? I've be running with extra fast food napkins and some ibuprofen. Handy things to have at the ready.

IMG_20221117_115523250_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Turaven

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
Nothing, once you get on a steep enough incline things tend to fall out and Iā€™m not good enough at remembering to take things out of the bottom cubby lol.
That's the big concern. The napkins either don't weigh anything or stuff enough of them in there that they aren't coming out. My Ibuprofen bottle baaarely fits in there and I don't hear it rolling around, so I think it's solid.

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I mounted my KC spotlight switch up in the rear corner of that cubby, and I put the keys there too - if I see them, I won't forget them :LOL: .

I have an older iPhone XR which fits pretty well in the mail slot down below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fellow Sport trim owners; what do you store in your "pleb holes?" IMG_4480.JPG

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Yeah, we just get a single packet ketchup cubby. If it falls out... it goes to the passenger floorboard. Not a good scenario!

Jeep Wrangler JL Fellow Sport trim owners; what do you store in your "pleb holes?" 20221117_135824

Jeep Wrangler JL Fellow Sport trim owners; what do you store in your "pleb holes?" 20221117_135824

Showing it twice for your double take pleasure.

RenegadeT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ-7, 99 XJ, 2018 JLR
Yeah, we just get a single packet ketchup cubby. If it falls out... it goes to the passenger floorboard. Not a good scenario!

Showing it twice for your double take pleasure.
For those times when you just don't want the keyfob in your pocket and the cupholder already has 2 drinks and cellphone in it ...that aux switch hole is a perfect fit for the fob.

Sponsored

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
For those times when you just don't want the keyfob in your pocket and the cupholder already has 2 drinks and cellphone in it ...that aux switch hole is a perfect fit for the fob.
Too awkward a place, and I would forget it. Most definitely a for sure thing... I would forget it.

I get the idea, though.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
As I'm sure you all know, if you buy a base model Wrangler without power equipment or the fancy Rubicon features you get two tiny, awkwardly shaped storage holes in place of those features.

I initially kept excess wire from my dash cam stuffed into the square hole since there's no headliner in the Jeep to route it around the cabin like you're supposed to. I'm not happy with that setup so I've had the dash cam out while I figure something out.

What have you guys found fits in there well? I've be running with extra fast food napkins and some ibuprofen. Handy things to have at the ready.

Reminds me of the 90's SNL "You can put your weed in it" skits. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing, in the empty slot of my Rubicon. Iā€™m convinced thereā€™s a singularity with an event horizon in there; things disappear when I place them in there, and magically appear somewhere else in the vehicle.