Fell in the love then had slight heart break

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
i have my first off-roading trip this weekend.
Second most importantly, where you going Off-roading? Surprised no one has asked yet.

to all potential thieves reading this, no need to cut the soft top, just use the zippers of back window.
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
With them stealing your wheel lock kit they got the "key". Hopefully the dealer can help you get a replacement.

OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Op,
Did they take your EZPass? Most of us have one mounted on our front windshield.
Beautiful Jeep btw!
I didn't have an EZ pass, unless it was a feature it came with that no one told me about.

OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Second most importantly, where you going Off-roading? Surprised no one has asked yet.

to all potential thieves reading this, no need to cut the soft top, just use the zippers of back window.
I'm going out near eleven-mile state park.

OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
With them stealing your wheel lock kit they got the "key". Hopefully the dealer can help you get a replacement.
Key to the car or just the wheels? Is the kit unique to my Wrangler or can i just get a replacement online?

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Probably not the smartest thing I ever did
I’m glad you didn’t get hurt. Fortunately it seems like the guy you scared off was a big wuss. Some of them are not. While nobody likes being a victim, whatever they took or are trying to take is property and more often than not, it can be replaced. To your loved ones, you are not replaceable. Please be safe.

Minilla

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
sorry to hear about you situation! that broken glass in those seats is going to be extremely hard to get out. good luck and I hope your wheeling trip goes better than this.

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
jelly Bean traps could be hilarious and varied in their delivery. Can you buy E. coli is a powder form?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP, so sorry this happened to you. Beautiful Jeep. Don't let this ruin your experience/enjoyment. Fix the window and hit the trails.

One thing though, if you have the locking nuts installed on your Jeep and they stole the key, you need to figure out a way to remove/replace those locking nuts, or if you have a flat you will have a hard time using your spare.

If the thieves have the key, they may have ideas to come back for your wheels laters - watch out.

Sponsored

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
Simple rule of thumb for thieves when it comes to Jeeps or other vehicles..”Out of sight, out of mind”........

Trust me thieves have no remorse for their action and justify themselves by your having more then them so it makes it OK to take what you have. And it’s getting worst now that we have folks on high running things that condone this line of thinking.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fell in the love then had slight heart break DTP Meme

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Shotguns work better than hard tops.
A few miles away from me up here in WA a jeep owner was awoke in the middle of the night by the noise of 2 guys stealing his jeep , he ran out the door with 9mm in hand and fired multiple rounds, unfortunately he hit the jeep , but also hit the neighbors house next door and killed a sleeping grandmother. That was about 5 years ago and he is still locked up for killing her.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Key to the car or just the wheels? Is the kit unique to my Wrangler or can i just get a replacement online?
The key to your wheel locks.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
A few miles away from me up here in WA a jeep owner was awoke in the middle of the night by the noise of 2 guys stealing his jeep , he ran out the door with 9mm in hand and fired multiple rounds, unfortunately he hit the jeep , but also hit the neighbors house next door and killed a sleeping grandmother. That was about 5 years ago and he is still locked up for killing her.
Wow Craig that’s an amazing and sad story. What many gun owners don’t understand is you cannot shoot an exiting criminal under any circumstance. You or others have to be in imminent danger. Someone mentioned a shotgun earlier. If you guys catch someone in your Jeep and shoot them, you’re more than likely gonna end up like the guy in Craig’s story.
Don’t get me wrong. I have no problem with less non working dirtbags on this planet. It’s just a shame to see someone protecting their hard worked for investment have to go to jail.