Fell in the love then had slight heart break

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Congratulation on the beautiful Jeep. Sucks that it got broken into.
Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
I’m sorry, that really sucks. I feel your pain, I used to live in the city and I parked my JKU in an open lot. The most amusing theft was when someone stole my spare tire and replaced it with a piece of Italian bread.

4964B9E8-EA8B-4581-8717-E58878A3EDE0.jpeg

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
The scum bag must have never seen the movie, Pulp Fiction. “What’s more chicken shit than F’n with a man’s automobile?”... “You don’t F#$k with another man’s vehicle. It’s just against the rules.”

GL/cheers,
B

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Man that sucks, but it could have been worse.

I last parked in an open lot when I was in college. No breakins, but I watched some old man try to park there one night, hit a tall street lamp causing it to fall over and flatten a car parked underneath it. I always imagined the owner of that car thinking he was doing the safe thing by parking in the well lit spot . . .

Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Reminds me of years ago when the garbage collectors in NYC were on strike. Folks would but their trash in a box wrapped up in Christmas paper with a bow on it, place it in car with unlocked door and voila, garbage was gone in the morning😏. I hate thieves-I’d gladly help someone truly in need, but I’d cheerfully put a load o birdshot in the tail of a thief.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
This quick reminder everyone lower comprehensive deductible to your auto insurance ...to 50, or 100, or 250.. something low !!! It doesn’t save you much money having it high anyways !!
$0 deductible costs me $6/month over a $500 deductible. Well worth it just for the windshield, much less theft

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, windows are still accessible for thieves. Im not sure how much more often thieves break in via the soft top but I’d rather have to replace a window than the top.
True! Back in my youth you could buy/install sunroofs in your vehicle. Someone tried to pry open mine with a crowbar which busted the glass but also bent the frame and ripped some of my top. Luckily I found a slighter larger sunroof and just cut my roof a little larger.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
This is one of the many reasons I've always felt it worth the commute. Live where I want, work where I have to. I almost made it to retirement sane. :giggle:

N00B

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Big fan of Denver, no one was surprised when I was old enough to pick my own zip code and I moved out here. But I would be hard pressed to live in downtown Denver these days, for reasons like this. Love the vibe, but there are some tough elements I'm not willing to tolerate any longer.

Sponsored

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I'm sorry to hear about your break in.
I've been broken into before and it's not fun. I lived in downtown Houston for 8 years. One of the things I learned living there is to never leave anything inside the vehicle in sight. Not even a empty paper bag.
That will reduce the chance of a break in.

+2 on a strong dislike for thieves.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The thieves stole some old prescription glasses, a bag of jelly beans, the wheel lock kit and the door/hard top removal tool kit.
Those bastards.

Fortunately you have insurance and as long as the window regulator still works, the window can be replaced relatively quickly.
Well make sure you keep a couple of bags of delicious looking Poison Jelly beans in there from now on.
🤫 You mustn’t give away my secrets
his Rubicon's window refused to shatter and caused massive vibrations that incapacitated the thief
Nope, that only happens in a BMW
Jeep Wrangler JL Fell in the love then had slight heart break 1621972478764

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Will, sorry to read about the vandalism and theft. I had a functionally identical window smash, years ago, on my VW Golf which was parked in front of my parent's house. I can't provide any details without risking a post edit from The Truth Is Too Inconvenient squad, so... ;)

My insurance claim and the subsequent repair was prompt and straightforward, and I hope that yours proceeds in the same manner.
Sponsored