Fell in the love then had slight heart break

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I recently became the proud owner of a new 4cyl Islander. It took me awhile to come around to the all white but it’s grown on me and I’m now loving everything about it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fell in the love then had slight heart break 3DFCA6ED-F61D-4B6A-B4CB-6B24746F4288

Since my apt complex didnt have gated parking available for me right away, I had to park in an open lot down the street, since i live downtown. And because of that, i had my first break in ever. :crying:

Jeep Wrangler JL Fell in the love then had slight heart break 20EF6D95-176B-47FD-A67C-F9A2F58EBFA2

The thieves stole some old prescription glasses, a bag of jelly beans, the wheel lock kit and the door/hard top removal tool kit. The last three I’m the most sad about and I’m even wondering if theyre worth an insurance claim.

Going to get the window fixed and get an inspection today to make sure no further damage was done. On the bright side, pending all repairs and inspections go well, i have my first off-roading trip this weekend.

UPDATE

The window is fixed and the first camping trip is a success. Shout out to Complete Auto Glass in Thornton, CO. Got me in the next day to get my window fixed after the break-in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fell in the love then had slight heart break tempImageeBYknH
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sorry to hear about this. So did your apartment complex just "run out" of parking spaces?
Yup, they have a limited amount of gated parking. I’m hoping to get one today but if not i’ll just have to find a garage.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Wow that’s terrible. This is my worst nightmare because my jeep is also parked in a parking lot that is completely open to the street and the homeless drug addict population has increased exponentially in Los Angeles since the start of covid so they go around checking all the doors for any unlocked vehicles every single night and occasionally break a window to gain access to the cabin.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Bummer, did that happen during the day or overnight? I'll have to start commuting to near 16th St here soon and have wondered about the safety of the open lots.

PS, if you ever want to sell those wheels...lemme know :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Bummer, did that happen during the day or overnight? I'll have to start commuting to near 16th St here soon and have wondered about the safety of the open lots.

PS, if you ever want to sell those wheels...lemme know :)
Happened overnight. They were installing cameras on the lot after the incident. But I won’t be parking in an open lot overnight anymore.

haha, I wasn’t sure about them at first but they’re not as bad on Road as I thought they’d be.

OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So much for the 'hard top to stop thieves' theory in urban areas.
Yup, windows are still accessible for thieves. Im not sure how much more often thieves break in via the soft top but I’d rather have to replace a window than the top.
Sponsored