Sponsored

FedEx delivery on Jeep parts - who else have had problems?

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
I'm a driver at ups and I can say were getting our asses kicked right now. The past four five weeks have been worse than Christmas. Our Jeep parts get hung up with the rest of the crap people order.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm a driver at ups and I can say were getting our asses kicked right now. The past four five weeks have been worse than Christmas. Our Jeep parts get hung up with the rest of the crap people order.
I work at USPS and we're getting hammered too, the "worse than Christmas" rings true. Typically drivers in our area have 100 scanned deliveries (small to large pkgs) during an avg. day along w/ our regular mail deliveries. Now running 200+ per day is typical since Amazon has taken over the world!

Sorry to hear about the issues many of you are having w/ the various shipping options. Hopefully things will move smoother from initiation to delivery as staffing and logistics reach a level to meet all this demand.

FWIW have had great luck w/ all 3 delivery services although a UPS pkg (from Amazon) sat in one California location for 4 days and ended up a week late, but I write that one off as Covid prioritizing, just a sign of the times for now.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Essential companies may not have all of the labor force they once had to be able to handle the increased workload with everyone making purchases online and having them shipped. If that’s the case, it has a trickle down effect.

Couple this with people in coronavirus hotspots and delays are to be expected. Instead of anger and frustration, maybe show some consideration, compassion and understanding? @Swagger

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I know my UPS driver on a first name basis, because of the number of packages I get. The other day he told me they are pushed to the limit every since covid, he delivered three basketball hoops and two playsets in one day and it is killing him.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

My ups guy brought all my Northridge goodies, including 35s, right on time.

AZ has been way slower. I know its due to essential medical stuff. So much for the benefit of Prime shipping lol.

i cant complain. I also dont order parts expecting them to arrive by a certain time. They get here when they get here.

AZ is typicalky the stuff we need “now” but we’re ok with a few extra days, for now...lol

my wife ordered something from home depot on friday. Usually its ready for pick up within an hour or so. This time it took at least 24 hours (in stock in store). Then went there for curbside pick up. What a clusterF. Waited like 15 minutes. So much for convenience. Would have been quicker to stand in the short line to get in and buy it the old fashion way.

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Employees and companies in the service industry (deliveries, sales, retail, grocery, etc) are all being maxed out and overworked. It's not a matter of just hiring more people since many are choosing not to work for health reasons, child care, etc. Companies are trying to figure things out on the fly in unchartered times. We need to all be understanding and be patient.

RoccoV

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I am having the same issue with FedEx and @Discount Tire. Ordered 5 wheels and tires over 2 weeks ago. They received 3 wheels and 5 tires. The other 2 wheels are sitting in a FedEx distribution center, for the last 5 days, about 15 miles from the @Discount Tire I use. They have called FedEx with the tracking # and had them basically says it's here we just have to get it on a truck. Now they had to reorder the 2 wheels to see if they can get them here faster through, I'm hoping, another shipping company. The Discount Tire guy, Mathew, has been great through the whole thing and keeps me informed. He is as frustrated as I am. He called the place where they order wheels from and told the guy "I have a customer who has already paid for his stuff and wants it installed. It's been 2 weeks."
:mad: Hopefully by next week?????

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to be the unpopular guy here, but here we go...

Guys, we are in the midst of a global pandemic, hundreds of thousands of people have died and many more are very sick, people have lost their jobs in numbers not seen since the Great Depression, thousands of small businesses have shuttered with many never to be seen again...the list goes on, and on.

And people are upset because their oversized tires aren't being delivered on time.

Perspective, please.

RoccoV

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I totally agree. We just lost my mother and father in-law with in 2 months of each other. Very sad and hard on my wife and her family.
Do I really need my wheels and tires right now? No not really. I'm just glad my family and I are health and together.
But come on that's why we are all here to talk to each other and vent to try to have some sort of normal. We all know what's going on out there and hopefully we are all being smart and caring. We need this forum, each other and we need our parts to feel normal and to continue our lives, our Jeep Lives.
Peace to all and God Bless!!
Be Safe!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Swagger

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have plenty of compassion for all the people that have lost loved ones to the pandemic. I also appreciate the perspective of the delivery worker who has responded to this thread. It sounds like they are having a hard time keeping up because of the circumstances, and i feel for them too.
I guess i just wanted to understand how widespread the problem is, and was frustrated with situation.
So thank you for your responses. I now understand the situation, and I hope this helps as a warning to all that you should be careful with ordering anything online right now. Luckily, it is only a $30 dollar part, but a $1500 lift kit would be much harder to write off as a loss.
I will be patient (what else can I do). I have contacted both Fedex and Quadratec about this, but neither have responded with any help so far. Both are reputable companies, so hopefully I will hear from them soon.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I work at USPS and we're getting hammered too, the "worse than Christmas" rings true. Typically drivers in our area have 100 scanned deliveries (small to large pkgs) during an avg. day along w/ our regular mail deliveries. Now running 200+ per day is typical since Amazon has taken over the world!

Sorry to hear about the issues many of you are having w/ the various shipping options. Hopefully things will move smoother from initiation to delivery as staffing and logistics reach a level to meet all this demand.

FWIW have had great luck w/ all 3 delivery services although a UPS pkg (from Amazon) sat in one California location for 4 days and ended up a week late, but I write that one off as Covid prioritizing, just a sign of the times for now.

Awesome reply....

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's another crazy delivery (non-delivery) story we've heard.

Keep us posted!
I stand corrected @Northridge4x4 , My order with you is through UPS. But regardless both items where still where received at the local receiving station on the same day, the next day they both went out for delivery but only one was delivered to my house. For those with the statement about "priority items" I definitely understand that and that is an understandable delay. My problem is with efficiency and the fact that it's here locally and was out for delivery with the other item. However, it hasn't been delivered and it is still showing out for delivery since the 19th is my issue. Also, trying to get into contact with them is also a pain in the butt.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I've had no issues, FedEx delivered my Mopar cargo mat kit last week, right on time. I never have issues with FedEx or UPS, it's USPS that's the problem. When something is shipped to me USPS there's about a 50% chance that I'll actually get it.
Sponsored