FedEx delivery on Jeep parts - who else have had problems?

Swagger

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
From what I've experienced, FedEx has not been very reliable lately. I had a set of tires arrive 3 days late, and am still waiting on a part that made it to a delivery location over a week ago that has not arrived to my door yet. Meanwhile, shipments from UPS and USPS have arrived no problem. Very frustrating.
Advertisement

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue, Still waiting on tires still and tomorrow (Wed) will be 2 wks from the day I ordered it. When I ordered them I was told 3 days max! @Discount Tire.
Also, ordered 2 items from @Northridge4x4 both shipped and arrived in the my locations distribution warehouse (Colorado Springs) on the same day one was delivered and one has been getting its delivery date shifted since last Tuesday. I tagged you the vendors so you guys know whats going on with your shippers and I understand that its out of your respective warehouses.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon very slow, USPS very slow, decals very slow. UPS, FedEx on time.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've had issues with every delivery service lately. A small item hit the local FedEx dock and sat there for two weeks before they delivered. USPS is all over the place including an item that went out from the local post office on Saturday to be delivered and then they took it back to the local post office though they delivered another item that day. UPS seems to be consistent. Amazon is a joke at this point with items showing 2 day delivery or less when I place the order but half take up to a week for delivery due to them offloading to USPS instead of Amazon Logistics.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
y'all have to remember if it isn't listed as medical or essential they're going to back burner the shipment until they have an opening. i have EVO skids sitting 3 miles from my house for 6 days at the local UPS center.. Each day it would say out for delivery and two hours later it was on hold for COVid. currently have parts that are 8 weeks late for my customer ( defense contract) which is Essential kinda upset with shipping vendors currently they don't understand what to allow through and what not you. We all just have to relax and when it gets here it gets here

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Same issue, Still waiting on tires still and tomorrow (Wed) will be 2 wks from the day I ordered it. When I ordered them I was told 3 days max! @Discount Tire.
Also, ordered 2 items from @Northridge4x4 both shipped and arrived in the my locations distribution warehouse (Colorado Springs) on the same day one was delivered and one has been getting its delivery date shifted since last Tuesday. I tagged you the vendors so you guys know whats going on with your shippers and I understand that its out of your respective warehouses.

Wow, that's another crazy delivery (non-delivery) story we've heard.

Keep us posted!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
ive got my fingers crossed that My @Northridge4x4 order is on track. just got my tracking number and its showing the 28th for one of the three Boxes. :handsinair:

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4D JLU Hellayella
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
ive got my fingers crossed that My @Northridge4x4 order is on track. just got my tracking number and its showing the 28th for one of the three Boxes. :handsinair:
[/QUOTEI
I have
I'm not have much problem with them..
It's my JEEP Order that is NOT moving, Still in D1 since about 3/18. :swear:. All my mod package are making it on time and getting harder and harder to explain to the wife.

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
USPS is by far the worst of the bunch. I shipped a pkg priority mail on April 20th from NJ to MI. As of today it's still sitting in the USPS depot somewhere in MI. I filed a lost mail search and was told that they don't have enough people coming to work to sort all of the packages. So I filed an insurance claim with them, nothing but crickets so far. :mad:

1quick1

Staff member
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
FedEx was not thrilled with the 8 steps to my front door and left my LOD bumper and skid at the bottom of the stairs. It kind of made me laugh as admittedly it was like 120lbs.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I read this , I was getting ready to place a order for a full set of rims and tires but heck I'll wait until things bounce back.

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S UL, Honda Pilot, Aprilia Tuono, Kawasaki Z125 kart track race bike
Ordered 5 new wheels last Tuesday. Vendor still hasn't provided a tracking number, yet 3 of the 5 arrived today via FedEx. Hope the other 2 arrive in time for install appt on Thursday.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
No issues with Fedex or UPS lately. USPS priority mail is having issues For me. 2-3 day service is turning into 7 days. My guess is that their network (which used commercial aircraft sometimes, I think) has seen significant dislocation.

a couple of cases in point:

priority mail flat rate package sent Denver to Houston. It went to Portland from Denver (ummmm... wrong way guys...) then sat there for a couple of days. Was 3 days late getting to Houston.

Priority mail Houston to Boston and Houston to SLC. Again, days late. That rarely happened to me prior to COVID but it is now happening a lot. It’s to the point that if I know that it MUST get there by a certain date, I can’t rely on Priority Mail.

USPS needs to be a bit more clear with its customers like me. Given COVID, if 2-3 day Priority Mail isn’t going to happen, they need to make it 5-7 days (or whatever). Everyone will understand but setting expectations is important.

Last edited:
Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement