Not open for further replies.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
OK here’s my rant: I ordered a 2023 Willy’s jeep on June 16th. The estimated delivery date was Sept 2, 2023. That date has come and gone. FCA says my jeep is built but does not have a ship date yet. You guys might not think $53K is big money, but I sure do. Last year I bought a brand new fully loaded Lexus that came from the factory in 6 weeks. Lexus treats me like I’m golden. They kept me informed on my cars progress and they stuck to the schedule. I would expect the same common courtesy from FCA.
Dude. Reserved my Bronco September 2020. Ordered and paid deposit day Jan 20 2021 (the day Canadian Order Banks Opened). Received my VIN in April for a June Build. Became a July Build. Became an August Build. Became a July Build again. Became a September Build. Became an “indeterminate build date” when the hard tops (only option on 2 doors) were recalled. Thousands of Broncos sat on dirt mountain, awaiting reinvented plastic coated cardboard hard tops that didn’t delaminate while in transit from the top factory to Ford. Decided life’s too short, bought my JL off the Lot at Southline Dodge Jeep in Fort Saskatchewan from a fantastic team that took care of me and made sure I got everything I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.

my Ford dealer was also fantastic. Gave me my Deposit back and said “Ford f*cked this roll out so bad, I don’t blame you. Nice Jeep.” My dealer left my order open. The VIN was trashed end of ‘21. Never built.

But good luck with Ford.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fed up with FCA! 2023 1662949496918
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Not "kinda". I'm absolutely being an ass.

I'd be over-the-moon to know my Jeep was built (and I'm guessing a few others around here would be as well) but you're complaining that it's been approximately 9 days later in being delivered than they estimated to you when, exactly??? You're upset with FCA for one of the things they have the least control over in this entire process.
I don’t think it’s bad to hold FCA to a higher standard. Everyone on this forum should encourage FCA to do better. This will be my 3rd new Jeep Wrangler, so I’m not new to the process. I bent the frame on my last jeep. Oops. It’s a great brand and could be even better if FCA would just engage a little more when someone orders a new jeep.

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
I realize that we are still struggling with the remnants of the COVID lock down. However I do expect FCA to adhere to the date THEY said my vehicle would be delivered. I cancelled a trip in anticipation of picking up my new jeep based on a date they provided. They said sept. 2, 2023. Maybe I should be more flexible, but I truly believe FCA can and should do better. AND 53K is a lot of money in any world.
After reading the sum of all your responses thus far, I believe you are angry about something other than a missed delivery date and a lack of communication. I don't believe anyone here will be able to help you with this issue. I advise you seek help by other means or coping mechanisms. Here are some ideas taking a walk, playing a game, watching tv, yoga, meditation, and partaking of aged beverages to name a few but should not be limited those examples. I do hope it gets worked out and you are happy with whichever product you purchase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
After reading the sum of all your responses thus far, I believe you are angry about something other than a missed delivery date and a lack of communication. I don't believe anyone here will be able to help you with this issue. I advise you seek help by other means or coping mechanisms. Here are some ideas taking a walk, playing a game, watching tv, yoga, meditation, and partaking of aged beverages to name a few but should not be limited those examples. I do hope it get worked out and you are happy with whichever product you purchase.
Ok I gotta bounce. I didn’t post my frustration with FCA so you guys could insult me. I continue to believe FCA can and should do better. I’m outta here!

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
Last year I bought a brand new fully loaded Lexus that came from the factory in 6 weeks. Lexus treats me like I’m golden. They kept me informed on my cars progress and they stuck to the schedule. I would expect the same common courtesy from FCA.
Then go buy another Lexus.

There are literally hundreds of pages of information on the sporadic build and deliveries of the 22 and 23 MY Wranglers and you choose to publicly complain that your jeep HAS BEEN BUILT?!

Not to make him feel any worse, but @Opus has been scheduled for almost 60 days with no movement (sorry buddy).

Also, there are plenty of folk here who's orders were delivered without ever receiving a shipping or arrival date notice.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I don’t think it’s bad to hold FCA to a higher standard. Everyone on this forum should encourage FCA to do better. This will be my 3rd new Jeep Wrangler, so I’m not new to the process. I bent the frame on my last jeep. Oops. It’s a great brand and could be even better if FCA would just engage a little more when someone orders a new jeep.
But you're not holding them to anything other than complaining about things they really can't control. After all your posturing you yourself said:
I won’t bail, but I wish...

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You want an "engagement", get a Ferrari. They'll engage your wallet to the max for service, then tell you the wedding is off, if anyone else works on it.

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
uuuum!! What does FCA stand for? Sorry if I sound dumb but I haven't been on here long enough to know all the abbreviations! Sorry for asking ,,, but since all these posts were about that I am curious to know....Thanks

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Amazing how many kept referring to the OP as “dude”....... :CWL:
How you suppose to know these days with gender re-identification?

Wednesday is ladies night. I think I will identify for free drinks. Need a job, yep I'm a minority... take your pick.

By the way... you better refer to me as a 'they'. I'm no longer a guy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.