Sponsored

Fed up with FCA! 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 59498

OK here’s my rant: I ordered a 2023 Willy’s jeep on June 16th. The estimated delivery date was Sept 2, 2023. That date has come and gone. FCA says my jeep is built but does not have a ship date yet. You guys might not think $53K is big money, but I sure do. Last year I bought a brand new fully loaded Lexus that came from the factory in 6 weeks. Lexus treats me like I’m golden. They kept me informed on my cars progress and they stuck to the schedule. I would expect the same common courtesy from FCA.

Well honestly, "hasn't shipped" yet is an update and keeping you informed. Generally out of FCA hands at that point waiting on carrier etc. Best to call dealer and see what they can see in the real system.
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

OK here’s my rant: I ordered a 2023 Willy’s jeep on June 16th. The estimated delivery date was Sept 2, 2023. That date has come and gone. FCA says my jeep is built but does not have a ship date yet. You guys might not think $53K is big money, but I sure do. Last year I bought a brand new fully loaded Lexus that came from the factory in 6 weeks. Lexus treats me like I’m golden. They kept me informed on my cars progress and they stuck to the schedule. I would expect the same common courtesy from FCA.
Have you been following Jeep and Bronco builds for the past year or so? Did your dealer lead you to believe it would be a short time between order and delivery and it could be a couple extra months due to the current situation?

Sounds like you went in without an understanding of the market and now you are unhappy with FCA because of your ignorance. Sorry for being harsh but most know when ordering... that you need to be patient.

You are close, why bail now? And good luck getting in line for a Bronco. :facepalm:

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
I believe you must think the supply chains are at back at per Covid-19 capacity, which is not true due to factors beyond Jeep’s control. I was in the same position before I got my Jeep and then 43 days after taking ownership my engine blew. The dealer I paid 52k to told me “I did not deserve anything and could wait two weeks for a appointment like everyone else. Then it would be up to Jeep if I would get a loaner. Read your warranty and go find your own transportation.” It had to find another dealership 1/2 hour away and it has been there 43 days as of this coming Monday. So, believe me it could be worst. As others have suggested, call the dealer to check there system. Good luck.

Last edited:

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
OK here’s my rant: I ordered a 2023 Willy’s jeep on June 16th. The estimated delivery date was Sept 2, 2023. That date has come and gone. FCA says my jeep is built but does not have a ship date yet.
Seriously??? Your Jeep is already built and you're upset about how long it's taking to get to you???

Yeah. Definitely cancel that Jeep and try ordering your Willys from Lexus instead?

Sponsored

photogal

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Photographer
You do realize that regardless when you ordered a 2023, they didn't start production on them until the middle of August. It's been less than 4 weeks. It is built. FCA has done their part. Shipping is a nightmare right now. There are not enough transport drivers, railroad workers are getting ready to go on strike and even if it were shipped by rail, there are literally hundreds of train cars at each depot waiting to be unloaded, some waiting for weeks, due to a lack of labor force to do so. You are not the only one who has ordered and is waiting for their dealer to update them. This sounds a little like a spoiled temper tantrum of 1st world problems. Be patient, they want your 53k, it costs them money to have it just sitting and not getting paid for it.

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
If your dealer gave you that estimated delivery date they were full of it. 2023 production didn't start until mid August. What does the Tracker say as far as your status?

OP
OP

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
I realize that we are still struggling with the remnants of the COVID lock down. However I do expect FCA to adhere to the date THEY said my vehicle would be delivered. I cancelled a trip in anticipation of picking up my new jeep based on a date they provided. They said sept. 2, 2023. Maybe I should be more flexible, but I truly believe FCA can and should do better. AND 53K is a lot of money in any world.

OP
OP

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Seriously??? Your Jeep is already built and you're upset about how long it's taking to get to you???

Yeah. Definitely cancel that Jeep and try ordering your Willys from Lexus instead?
kinda being an Ass with your comment.

OP
OP

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Have you been following Jeep and Bronco builds for the past year or so? Did your dealer lead you to believe it would be a short time between order and delivery and it could be a couple extra months due to the current situation?

Sounds like you went in without an understanding of the market and now you are unhappy with FCA because of your ignorance. Sorry for being harsh but most know when ordering... that you need to be patient.

You are close, why bail now? And good luck getting in line for a Bronco. :facepalm:
Thanks for your comment. I won’t bail, but I wish FCA would engage a little more on what’s happening. I truly believe they could communicate more on the status or at least share the hold up. My dealer seems to be in the dark also.

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
However I do expect FCA to adhere to the date THEY said my vehicle would be delivered.
I'm not understanding this part. Stellantis doesn't give hard and fast delivery dates. They give estimates based on when they have it scheduled to be built. Once it's built it's in the hands of 3rd party delivery companies.

Can you provide a screenshot of where they told you in writing that it would absolutely be delivered by Sept. 2nd?

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
kinda being an Ass with your comment.
Not "kinda". I'm absolutely being an ass.

I'd be over-the-moon to know my Jeep was built (and I'm guessing a few others around here would be as well) but you're complaining that it's been approximately 9 days later in being delivered than they estimated to you when, exactly??? You're upset with FCA for one of the things they have the least control over in this entire process.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Sheeesh, you'd think he called your mother ugly.

Seems like it's ok to trash FCA and the dealerships.....unless you say "Bronco". 🤪 😧:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.