Sponsored

Feature Request Thread: MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper - prototype factoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I would like no additional hitches (just a cutout for the factory one, or 1 in its place a little higher) and the wraparound portion of the bumper to extend forward a little more to protect more of the body rub. being a little wider right there for a step would also be nice. (like what warn did with theirs). and last would be support for backup sensors.

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
I love the 3 hitches. Please dont get rid of that.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you love about it?

Brett
No one has the balls to offer options like this. Its fantastic. I can run my hitch mounted flag pole and tow or have a cargo rack on the rear at the same time. I can also run a Stinger or shackles if i want and not have to keep swapping them out. If i had a 4 door or a gladiator and was towing something heavier i would love the option of adding stabilizers.
There are so many reasons this is cool. Zero reasons its not.
And like they said, it supports load when you come down on your jeep in the rear Vs a single hitch. Bummer some of you can't appreciate or understand the options. Excuse me if thats harsh, but its easy to see the advantages.
Aesthetically its pleasing as well. Looks beefy as shit.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
No one has the balls to offer options like this. Its fantastic. I can run my hitch mounted flag pole and tow or have a cargo rack on the rear at the same time. I can also run a Stinger or shackles if i want and not have to keep swapping them out. If i had a 4 door or a gladiator and was towing something heavier i would love the option of adding stabilizers.
There are so many reasons this is cool. Zero reasons its not.
And like they said, it supports load when you come down on your jeep in the rear Vs a single hitch. Bummer some of you can't appreciate or understand the options. Excuse me if thats harsh, but its easy to see the advantages.
Aesthetically its pleasing as well. Looks beefy as shit.
Different strokes for different folks. I’d appreciate the option to be able to unbolt the two outside. It’s one of the things that people think is cool and when it comes to practical application is something that is hardly ever if ever utilized.

Brett

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Different strokes for different folks. I’d appreciate the option to be able to unbolt the two outside. It’s one of the things that people think is cool and when it comes to practical application is something that is hardly ever if ever utilized.

Brett
Ive allready utilized them multiple times. I am sure i won't be the only one. And when it comes to spreading load upon impact which ultimately always happens when wheeling tight steep drops, i like the added protection.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Would love to see a mounting provision for a small light that would be aimed DOWN at the interior of the tailgate, for those that use a tailgate table for cooking and such.

Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Hi everyone!

We're in the process of finalizing our MK2 JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper feature list! What would everyone like to see as an available addon to our MK2 JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper? We'd love to hear from you, but there is no guarantee that a feature will be doable or will be delivered.

Accepted ideas or proposals so far:

19. Integrated bottle opener. (Special thanks to OGJeep on this idea - though this will probably be named something else)

20. Trail shower water solution. (Special thanks to N***L***** on this idea)

21. Awning solution. (Special thanks goes to C***** for an accepted proposal)

22. Folding table solution. (Special thanks to C***** for an accepted proposal)

23. Random Hooks everywhere. (Special thanks to P***** for an accepted napkin drawing)

We invite everyone to participate:

The first person to come up with an original idea and a reasonable enough proposal (accepted by our engineering team) of how to integrate an addon or feature to the MK2 rear bumper (when accepted) will receive 20 percent off of the purchase cost of an MK2 JL Slimline rear bumper or another ROAM front or rear bumper (pending availability). This applies to any accepted proposals for accessory mount ideas. Requests to change the bumper skin itself do not count - this thread is meant for bumper addons only.

Please note that the feature addons can be sheetmetal, CNC'd or plastic injection molded; changes to the material of the bumper itself also do not count towards the original ideas qualification. To clarify, we already have stainless steel, aluminum, chromoly, and titanium (not available in certain bumper series) as available options for our front and rear bumpers, and saying you want a titanium bumper will not count as an original idea.

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM

Hi Tara, could you please integrate one or two flag pole mounts on each side of the tire carrier to maintain decent rear visibility and maintain most of the viewfinder from the rear camera?

Also, it would be great if you could add rear lighting duplication of the taillights so that they are more visible when carrying a large loadout on the back that can block the taillights. Since the bumper skin doesn't have holes for rear foglights, these could be integrated here too. Something like this:
upload_2019-9-13_13-6-17.png

Another idea would be a fold-down step that allows easier ingress and egress to the rear cargo of the Jeep which is especially useful for lifted rigs.

Adding to a request for a folding table solution, it would be great if it was sturdy enough to be used as a chair as well.

Probably a big stretch, but it would be awesome if there was an optional tire carrier that pivoted down after swinging out to make it easier to mount and dismount a heavy 100LB spare.

I hope some of these are accepted for proposal and look forward to the end result.

Jasonangel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl Rubicon
I haven't looked to see of anyone said but a powertank mount would be awesome!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.