FCA refused to do my rubicon paint issue under warranty

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
This is what was stated long ago.

Yeah as we stated before:

Is basically a goodwill policy as no holes were ever present in any panel caused by corrosion. We had 2 warranty claims approved based on surface corrosion bubbling. Photos were taken by us and given to the Dealer to submit. Last one was completed after 3 years.”

What you fail to comprehend is that only Stellantis has the right to make the determination. Not what you think the corrosion warranty says should apply.
You keep repeating this as if I or anyone else said anything different than this, as if it was a mantra.

No one ever said anyone other than Stellantis had the right to make this decision.

The key is if the paperwork says it was covered under the corrosion warranty, it would set a precedent, otherwise you are relying upon Stellantis' goodwill if you are outside the 3/36 warranty, which is exactly what you stated above.

I don't see why we're arguing when we're saying the exact same thing.
Sponsored

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
I don't see why we're arguing when we're saying the exact same thing.
No one is arguing. You are just not taking the time to read and comprehend various posts. The mantra is all about fact. Stellantis decides - not what you think should apply.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Again, please point to the post I made where I said Stellantis wasn’t the arbiter.

Neither I nor anyone else ever said that.

Yet you need to throw yet another personal attack out there for no good reason.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No one is arguing. You are just not taking the time to read and comprehend various posts. The mantra is all about fact. Stellantis decides - not what you think should apply.
Im glad we agree?

Black Rubi JL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a 2018 JLU Rubicon, purchased in May, 2018. I had spots on both sides of my hood and the front passenger door. I just took it in Feb. to the dealer I purchased it from, they scheduled it two weeks later in their paint shop. They painted all four door doors and the hood plus gave me a loaner to drive while in the shop. Like everything, there are good dealers and bad dealers. I think the "submitting pictures" is BS, my dealer never took on picture and covered everything.

dpsanborn

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler S Unlimted JL
Here is an update on my 2018 Jeep JL. I brought it to the Jeep dealer where I bought it in Paramus NJ on RT4 for the steering recall and for the paint bubbling on my hinges and panels. They have had my Jeep for 2 months now and just called me to tell me that Chrysler only approved the repair for $1500 and their body shops estimate is $9000, so I should just come pick it up and there is nothing they can do. WTF!!! I called Jeep customer service and they told me that dealers are independently owned and operated and do not have to even honor a warranty and that they deal with their own insurance department separate from Jeep or something and I cannot contact them. That blew me away right there. So now I have to hire a lawyer and go that route which sucks. I am never buying another Jeep/Ram/Chrysler. I will update with the outcome from the legal route. I am really upset that have had my truck for 2 month and never gave me any updates on it and lucky I have been borrowing a car from my in laws or I would be screwed. Shame on you Jeep!!!

Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
A few years after I sold my CJ5 I decided I needed another four wheel drive for winter.

One of the vehicles I called about was a Jeep Wagoneer. Does it have any rust?, I asked. No, was the reply.

So I went to check it out and yes, technically the seller was correct. It didn't have any rust.

What it did have were good sized holes in the body where the rust USED to be. Now it was only air.

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Bubbling under unbroken paint is not because of road salt and this issue is not limited to Wranglers in cold weather areas of the country.
Ford had this issue with cars especially mustangs and refused a lot of claims b

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The classic 'drag out the process with excuses' to keep from honoring warranties gig. Truth be told you should have done it a bit sooner to give yourself some wiggle room, and stayed on top of the dealership about the warranty work timeline. Two weeks gap in checking is too long for those imbeciles at the dealership to make your case disappear.
Please correct me if I am mistaken if a warranty issue goes in to the dealership before the warranty expires and it’s put into the system waiting approval it’s not the customers issue if the dealership screwed up. I had the same issues not quite as bad as yours but they honoured my claim 3 week after. When you go in with a warranty issues they have to make out a work order. Besides with the digital cameras today they look at the picture that they have taken to make sure that they are ok. I think you got sold a bill of goods this is not an isolated issue. I believe a service Bulletin was written on this very issue.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Well bottom line for us is the Dealer submitted and FCA approved our 3rd time bubbling paint corrosion just before the "5 year warranty period expired".

Not what some in this thread think the corrosion warranty says should apply. So no perforation required - no reference to the warranty wording - no online idiot speculation - no arguing - no BS - nothing. Even a brand new yellow Wrangler loaner to use the whole time.

Dealer was very happy to do the repair and repairs came out perfect. Warranty work was done a month or so "after the 5 year warranty expired" because the door panels and hood were on back-order.

So much misinformation - so much BS. It is what it is though. Happens. Bahahaha!

:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL FCA refused to do my rubicon paint issue under warranty 48D43DBB-843E-4804-8812-F7D8CDA0B794
Sponsored

Last edited: