TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ
Sorry, I read too many posts on this thread.
๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Canโ€™t we all just get along? Please?
๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Good. Just let Stellantis decide then and that is it. Call it a day and move on. No need to guess and continually spread misinformation based on what you think applies or not applies.
Just as you are.

Without proof of your assertion, you are spreading misinformation as well.

All I am doing is pointing out the written words of the corrosion warranty, which specifically states it covers holes.

As I said, if Stellantis pays, for whatever reason, that's great for all owners involved.

I'd love to see paperwork definitively stating why they are paying, but none has been posted.

If it's due to the 3/36 warranty, that's expected.

If it's for goodwill, that is awesome.

If it's under the corrosion warranty, even more awesome but surprising in they've just set a precedent that runs counter to what their written warranty has stated since the 1980s. That means anyone with a Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis vehicle with corrosion should be able to point to that reimbursement and sue to be indemnified for their previous losses (plus there's already at least one class action lawsuit in the works.)

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
You are spreading misinformation as you are stating you know exactly what the wording means and how it should apply.

Whereas my position and others is that the wording is unclear and that Stellantis is the only party that knows exactly what the wording means and how it should apply.

Continuing to disregard this fact proves you are being intentionally obtuse. The TSB is there and Stellantis has paid out many corrosion paint bubbling claims after 3 years. The class action is in reference to diminished value and Stellantis misleading JL owners etc.

What you need to do is provide proof that the corrosion warranty is not in effect after 3 years if you want to continue making your ridiculous statements.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Whereas my position and others is that the wording is unclear and that Stellantis is the only party that knows exactly what the wording means and how it should apply.
The corrosion warranty only covers holes - the very first sentence is explicit about that.

That doesn't mean corrosion isn't covered under 3/36 or a goodwill policy.

Bruby said:
The TSB is there and Stellantis has paid out many corrosion paint bubbling claims after 3 years. The class action is in reference to diminished value and Stellantis misleading JL owners etc.
Yes, but we lack any concrete evidence as to under what provision the claims were paid, simple as that.

One service invoice stating it was paid under the corrosion warranty is all that is needed to end speculation once and for all.

Again, if it is, that's great, but somehow I doubt Stellantis is going to open themselves up to claims going back decades by stating the corrosion warranty requiring a hole doesn't actually mean that.

Nothing in this argument is meant to discourage anyone from trying to get Stellantis to cover their repair including by getting district reps involved all the way up to the CEO of Stellantis if possible.

Sponsored

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There you go. Rehashing the same old. Proves you are being intentionally obtuse.

What you need to do is provide proof that the corrosion warranty is not in effect after 3 years if you want to continue making your ridiculous statements.

Simple as that. No one really needs to prove anything to you. Either believe them or not. Just no one cares what you think when a claim is approved after 3 years. We certainly did not.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
There you go. Rehashing the same old. Proves you are being intentionally obtuse.

Simple as that. No one really needs to prove anything to you. Either believe them or not. Just no one cares what you think when a claim is approved after 3 years. We certainly did not.
As with so many on the Internet, when faced with simple facts - the corrosion warranty requires a hole and there is no evidentiary proof that Stellantis is not sticking to their own written policies for reasons other than goodwill - you turn to personal attacks. :LOL:

The corrosion warranty states it covers repairs of holes.

I'm asking for proof Stellantis is going above and beyond that on a policy rather than one time goodwill basis.

Show me actual written proof, not guesses, not something a friend of a friend said, not something a mechanic said on a smoke break behind a dealership, not what the service manager told someone.

Something that says a repair after the 3/36 warranty expired was covered under the corrosion warranty that otherwise requires a hole to be present.

Please, prove me wrong.

Meanwhile, again, if you have this issue, please do everything you legally can to get Stellantis to pay for it, and I hope they do.

I don't believe anyone should have to pay for this repair themselves.

But it also doesn't help others to say Dave at Joe's Jeep in Texas got it fixed after four years and Stellantis paid the tab; if the regional reps don't approve of it, a dealer needs to be able to point to written proof of Stellantis policy.

You can't go into court and tell a judge "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night." - you need actual evidentiary proof.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

You have failed at every opportunity to actually reference the language of the warranty.

There is nothing unclear about โ€œperforationโ€ or โ€œThis warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair or replace any sheet metal panels that get holes from rust or other corrosion.โ€

You can feel any way you like about it. You can say the company has a moral obligation to repair what is clearly a design defect. What you cannot do is claim it is covered by warranty that explicitly says it is not covered. That is simply a lie.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ
Sorry, I read too many posts on this thread.
๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Canโ€™t we all just get along? Please?
๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Ahhh! I see: bring them together by giving them a common enemy trick--crazy enough that it just might work!

๐Ÿ˜

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are going off on tangents again.

We and many others do not need any evidentiary proof because we have already received paint bubbling repairs done under warranty after 3 years.

Stellantis makes the final call. Not you and how you want to interpret the corrosion warranty. That is the bottom line.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You are going off on tangents again.

We and many others do not need any evidentiary proof because we have already received paint bubbling repairs done under warranty after 3 years.

Stellantis makes the final call. Not you and how you want to interpret the corrosion warranty. That is the bottom line.
Unless you've got proof it was done under the corrosion warranty, that means those fixes done after three years were done as goodwill repairs by Stellantis. (Something that will in itself be listed on your paperwork, as manufacturers always make sure to let you know it's being fixed out of goodwill.)

Why don't you just post a scan of your paperwork and definitively prove your point?

I've never said Stellantis didn't make the final call; the debate is as to whether the repairs are being made under the corrosion warranty (which again as written only "covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair or replace any sheet metal panels that get holes from rust or other corrosion" and has a particular time parameter surrounding it (five years/unlimited mileage)), or whether Stellantis can just decide goodwill only goes so far and they won't pay for repairs after three years any longer.

If it is the corrosion warranty:

C. HOW LONG IT LASTS
The Corrosion Warranty starts when your Basic Limited Warranty begins​
under โ€œsection 2.1 Eโ€.​
This warranty has two time-and-mileage limits:​
  • For sheet metal panels, the limit is 36 months, with no mileage limit.
  • For an outer-body sheet metal panel, one that is finish-painted and that someone can see when walking around the vehicle, the limits are five years, with no mileage limit.
So no matter which turns out to be the case, it also means if you have this issue and you are coming up on year five of ownership, get your vehicle fixed now.

No one in any way ever said anyone other than Stellantis made decisions as to whether they pay for the repair.

They will interepret the warranty however they choose to, the question is what they are using to make that decision.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Stellantis makes the final call. Not you and how you want to interpret the corrosion warranty.
What makes me laugh going through this thread is, you're essentially saying what they've been saying all along and don't understand. It's up to the good will of Stellantis to cover this as a warranty repair unless a hole is explicitly there. The language of the warranty is explicitly clear.

There's quite a difference between saying "approach your dealer and see what happens" compared to expecting the dealership to fix it when the warranty. Nobody is saying not to approach the dealer and see what happens, but to act like the corrosion mentioned in this thread will definitely be fixed under warranty is false.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what was stated long ago.

Yeah as we stated before:

โ€œIs basically a goodwill policy as no holes were ever present in any panel caused by corrosion. We had 2 warranty claims approved based on surface corrosion bubbling. Photos were taken by us and given to the Dealer to submit. Last one was completed after 3 years.โ€

What you fail to comprehend is that only Stellantis has the right to make the determination. Not what you think the corrosion warranty says should apply.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
This is what was stated long ago.

Yeah as we stated before:

โ€œIs basically a goodwill policy as no holes were ever present in any panel caused by corrosion. We had 2 warranty claims approved based on surface corrosion bubbling. Photos were taken by us and given to the Dealer to submit. Last one was completed after 3 years.โ€

What you fail to comprehend is that only Stellantis has the right to make the determination. Not what you think the corrosion warranty says should apply.
That's the entire point. Stellantis makes the determination. No wonder this thread is running around in circles. You're agreeing with everyone else and still saying their warranty interpretation is wrong, when you're agreeing and can't even comprehend it.
Sponsored