Sponsored

FCA Recommended Wrangler JL Dealer Inventory at Launch (Packages / Groups)

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Here's how FCA recommends dealers order their initial JL Wranglers, in terms of packages / groups for each model. Of course dealers do not have to follow this, but it may give us a rough guess of how the models will be optioned in dealer inventories at the beginning.

For the contents of each group, see: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...-content-breakdown-for-2018-jl-wrangler.1628/

Sport S:
45% with Convenience Group + Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
55% with Cold Weather Group + Technology Group

Sahara:
40% with LED Lighting Group + Premium Audio System + Remote Start + Safety Group
60% with Cold Weather Group + Electronic Infotainment Group + LED Lighting Group + Safety Group + Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group

Rubicon:
50% with Cold Weather Group + Electronic Infotainment Group + LED Lighting Group + Safety Group + Steel Bumper Group + Trailer Tow and HD Electrical
50% with LED Lighting Group, Premium Audio System, Remote Start, Steel Bumper Group
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
It would also be interesting to know their Sport / Sahara / Rubicon and JL/JLU composition recommendations.

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Rubicon
50% with LED Lighting Group, Premium Audio System, Remote Start, Steel Bumper Group
So if I like this package, but I also want a few things added to it such as Mopar High Headliner, Safety Group, and Body Color Fender Flares (possibly), will I be able to have the dealer install them for me? Or do I have to custom order to get all these things?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I wonder if passive entry will be available at launch. I guess it's only available as an option and not part of any group. The dealers not only have to choose groups but also all those individual options including top options.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
So if I like this package, but I also want a few things added to it such as Mopar High Headliner, Safety Group, and Body Color Fender Flares (possibly), will I be able to have the dealer install them for me? Or do I have to custom order to get all these things?
Most will probably be best custom order or you may be paying for labor too on top of it

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I thought I read that those steel bumpers were standard on the Rubicon now. Looks like that's a myth based on that last chart

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I thought I read that those steel bumpers were standard on the Rubicon now. Looks like that's a myth based on that last chart
Steel bumpers are still optional on the Rubicon. Must select Steel Bumper Group when ordering.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Steel bumpers are still optional on the Rubicon. Must select Steel Bumper Group when ordering.
Did we ever get an answer on the interoperability of JK and JL bumpers?

I replied directly in the SEMA thread you created for the aftermarket parner, but no reply there.

Did we ever find out the answer to that in the W&A thread or elsewhere?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did we ever get an answer on the interoperability of JK and JL bumpers?

I replied directly in the SEMA thread you created for the aftermarket parner, but no reply there.

Did we ever find out the answer to that in the Q&A thread or elsewhere?
Not yet, no. I know of one vendor who does know but it looks like they're not ready to share that info yet. No surprise considering Jeep didn't share much info with vendors this time (unlike with the JK) so most vendors have to wait for their own JL's to arrive before developing products (and figuring out interchangeability between JL and JK parts).

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Not yet, no. I know of one vendor who does know but it looks like they're not ready to share that info yet. No surprise considering Jeep didn't share much info with vendors this time (unlike with the JK) so most vendors have to wait for their own JL's to arrive before developing products (and figuring out interchangeability between JL and JK parts).
Makes sense as they are trying to make a bigger splash in the aftermarket game.
What about the steel bumpers...do the accessories for jk bumpers like the bumper hoop fit on the JL?