Sponsored

FCA Rebates going away on the 17th of May???

Mthayeck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
Went to Jeep dealer to look for a Jeep for my wife and was told by dealer that ALL FCA rebates are going away on the 17th due to lack of inventory and that Canada has already done this. Has anyone else heard this or was this a shady attempt to close the sale?
Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I thought I saw another thread that said the same thing.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
The way factory incentives such as rebates usually work is that they're issued for a fairly short period of time. This allows for two things:

1. exactly as you said, the dealer can truthfully tell the customers that e.g. "incentives expire on May 17."

2. after they expire, the factory can re-assess market conditions, and decide what to do next. If nothing has changed, they can then issue a *new* set of rebates and incentives. They may be the same, or somewhat different.

So, if nothing's changed, you can typically expect that there will be new incentives. The current market it a little weird though. There are all kinds of supply side issues e.g. the chip shortage, and as the economy is warming up as folks are coming out of Covid in the US, consumers are out buying stuff.

So in *this particular case, at this particular time* it may well be that there won't be a new round of incentives, or they may be reduced.

Make your best judgement. Do you need a car now? Maybe go ahead and close the deal, if it's a good deal and the time is right.

But, if you're on the fence, not sure, maybe this isn't what we need right now etc...

well, never let anyone put time pressure on you that causes you to make a bad financial decision. That'll have a bigger impact than the presence or absence of an incentive ever would.

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Buyers of Rubicons need not worry! FCA Rebates never really applied to these models.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Went to Jeep dealer to look for a Jeep for my wife and was told by dealer that ALL FCA rebates are going away on the 17th due to lack of inventory and that Canada has already done this. Has anyone else heard this or was this a shady attempt to close the sale?
I am in Canada and can confirm that the wrangler does not have any incentives anymore. But not sure about all other models, I did see some incentives for the grand cherokee, cherokee and compass. However none for the wrangler.
Sponsored