Sponsored

FCA pulls out of 2020 Easter Jeep Safari. New concept will debut elsewhere.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm not looking to blame or be political about this, just recognizing a shift in the attitude of policy makers and happy to see it come about. States, Counties, Cities and big business are all coming on board now regarding social changes that need to happen. I'm happy to be retired because I'm able to comfortably set this out. A big impact will be economical on working folks and the next couple months will be interesting, that's for sure. I'm lucky my only need is to go along with Science and Doctors and heed their leads. Only political comment I'll make is the government needs to lead, follow or get out of the f'n way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I feel for anyone making a living in a customer-facing or an hourly job right now.

With a lot of economic activity grinding to a halt, households are going to start feeling the financial impact in a week or so.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Recessions are painful. We have just completed the first week of this recession, I think.

the muni bond market is a concern for me....... all of the store closings mean greatly reduced state and local revenues to pay..... everything, including bonds....... Feds May need to provide a liquidity program to state and local govs down the road......

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
Four Governors have basically shut down their States.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
All I know is that my boss still expects me to show up to work and I don't have any ramen for lunch because apparently when the shit goes down, people stockpile ramen f'n noodles?? All I want is a cheap and easy lunch that I can make without getting off my ass. Is that too much to ask? Stupid hysterical plebs.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I agree. I feel for anyone making a living in a customer-facing or an hourly job right now.

With a lot of economic activity grinding to a halt, households are going to start feeling the financial impact in a week or so.
The Circuit of the Americas in Austin had the motogp race moved and other races as well and started laying people off. Not cool when there is an emergency declared.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
As long as it stays proportional to the risk, we are ok with the measures taken. I think there needs to be a short term limit to the most extreme measures which happens to be the 4 wks of distancing the CDC prefers.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping that lenders and utilities will give people more of a grace period after this, so as to not make things even more difficult on those that suffer a lot from forced time off.

Hate to see someone get driven farther into financial strife because they were forced out of work with the rest of the country for a couple weeks.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
White House says no curfews. NJ announced a curfew between 8pm-5am.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
White House says no curfews. NJ announced a curfew between 8pm-5am.
I’d be interested in the article or video. I don’t have cable.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
To @aldo98229's and @viper88's points, time also allows us opportunity to test existing and new therapies. There's some talk that certain antivirals used in the treatment of AIDS have shown some promise in helping to fight COVID-19, and today, Johns Hopkins is going into trials with a serum of antibodies collected from patients who have recovered from COVID-19, to cultivate and inject into others.

...no guarantees but fingers crossed.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
All I know is that my boss still expects me to show up to work and I don't have any ramen for lunch because apparently when the shit goes down, people stockpile ramen f'n noodles?? All I want is a cheap and easy lunch that I can make without getting off my ass. Is that too much to ask? Stupid hysterical plebs.
Yea, you might be able to order stuff like that from Amazon, but note they are capitalizing on this scenario. For instance I tried to get some cans of soup that cost ~$3.00 at the grocery store, but on Amazon they are $4.50! 50% mark-up. Pretty shitty of Amazon to do that.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Yea, you might be able to order stuff like that from Amazon, but note they are capitalizing on this scenario. For instance I tried to get some cans of soup that cost ~$3.00 at the grocery store, but on Amazon they are $4.50! 50% mark-up. Pretty shitty of Amazon to do that.
hah, yeah, even Amazon is sold out of all but the bizzaro flavors of ramen too... meanwhile, shelves are overflowing with Dorrito's .. Clearly hysterical people think that rehydrated kinda-noodles have way more food value than corn.
Sponsored