seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pavillonbasilieres.com
Vehicle(s)
Roxor LE 2018, Ram 1500 classic 2019, Suzuki XL7 2007, Nissan Leaf 2014, Mazda B4000 2010
Occupation
Outfitter
Hi, I own two FCA products. A 2019 ram 1500 classic with 13k km and a 2020 jlu sport s with 11k km.

The Ram has 3 electrical problems :
- tailgate captor has free games (led cargo lights and indoor lighting always flash or stays on whatever I do)
- driver windows opens randomly Witt or without keys in ignition
- doors locks randomly with or without keys in ignition

The Wrangler was custom built with the upgraded alpine Soundsystem but with the small Uconnect screen.
- randomly: all the left channel sound quality drops a lot (white noise)
- Bluetooth is a hit or miss
- radio freeze randomly and no way to shut the volume or anything else
- when night driving, if I touch the wiper control (if it's lightly raining just to wipe the rain), all the dash illumination goes 100% for around 5 sec until the light sensor catch it's still night

So I own around 100 000 $ of vehicule value that I consider as new and they are riddled with electrical shitty random problems. And I don't speak about the fucking 11k km clutch that is already defective that I need to wait for a "solution".

I never owned a volks for these type of problem...

I let the two vehicule where I buyed them for 12 days. I only got two empty gas tank and lame excuses because they "can't see the problems and they are waiting for a radio flash upgrade and for the clutch solution"...

I'm asking the community if you saw some similar problems.

These vehicle does not worth they're asking price.

If I buy a 50k$ car I hope it will work like it should.

Sorry for the English.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

Sorry for the English.
Sounds about right. Welcome to FCA.

OP
OP

seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Roxor LE 2018, Ram 1500 classic 2019, Suzuki XL7 2007, Nissan Leaf 2014, Mazda B4000 2010
Occupation
Outfitter
Sounds about right. Welcome to FCA.
Yeah I'm fucking pissed. Thinking about bringing them back and ask a refund with the help of the lawyer...

What a shame...

My first jeep by the way. I like everything about it except the problems listed. I'm thinking about replacing these shitty products with used ones... Less trouble more cash to do other things.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I've heard not a single other manufacturer has had a problem with any of their vehicles. None. Ever.

As cars get more complex there are going to be more problems. Yes it is a pain but most people don't have any problems. I've owned 27 new vehicles in my life and only had a significant problem with 2 - a muscle car in 1969 when I burned out the main bearings (my fault driving over 100 mph for 15 miles) but they fixed it under warranty because the car was advertised as a drag car and a Camaro Z28 that had a computer problem when they first started chipping them that even a Chevy engineer they sent out from Detroit couldn't resolve (they just let me have the pick of vehicles on the lot - no attorney needed). I just traded my 2012 Wrangler the only problem it had was the thermostat started going after 8 years. I've had AMC, Jeep, Audi, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, Pontiac, Buick and Hyundai. I guess the car gods have smiled on me).

OP
OP

seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Outfitter
L
You know, I've heard not a single other manufacturer has had a problem with any of their vehicles. None. Ever.

As cars get more complex there are going to be more problems. Yes it is a pain but most people don't have any problems. I've owned 27 new vehicles in my life and only had a significant problem with 2 - a muscle car in 1969 when I burned out the main bearings (my fault driving over 100 mph for 15 miles) but they fixed it under warranty because the car was advertised as a drag car and a Camaro Z28 that had a computer problem when they first started chipping them that even a Chevy engineer they sent out from Detroit couldn't resolve (they just let me have the pick of vehicles on the lot - no attorney needed). I just traded my 2012 Wrangler the only problem it had was the thermostat started going after 8 years. I've had AMC, Jeep, Audi, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, Pontiac, Buick and Hyundai. I guess the car gods have smiled on me).
Iike you I had a lot of vehicule of different brands. I also have a business with at least 15 running cars. Used and new. I got 2 lemons, a neon, I know it was not a good idea.... And a kia rondo 2016 that burned itself to the ground after many trips to the garage for *electrical problems*.

FCA products are expensive, and sellers doesn't stand behind their cars. It's never their fault, always the customer who is "misusing" the product.

I had cars two time the value of what I have now, and I had beaters too, especially for the employee who often doesn't give a fuck.

The '16 Leaf I have never saw the interior of a repair shop and is used in trails all summer long to do the cabins cleaning, same thing for the ram. The ram is at the dealer each month, for stupid broken or loose things. This pickup only transport cleaning stuff like broom, mop ect....

Oh yes the wiper linkage broke on the leaf last winter and it was covered by the warranty and I got a replacement car meanwhile... The car was delivered right to my door cleaned and with an excuse from the dealer about the broken linkage. I paid this car around 16k$ used.

The wrangler was my daily driver, until the transmission started to smell like hell and now with the covid crisis I got a 50000$ paperweight in my driveway. The wrangler is not a "complex" vehicule.

Yeah the 6 month ownership was cool and I was really excited to use it without the top....

I'm not the only one I know who own a FCA new product with really stupid defect and who is struggling with dealers because I feel like a fucking beta tester.

I know wranglers are special unique products but raising the price (a lot) and going down in the quality is a real bad move for the supporters of this type of car.

Why can't I buy a Mahindra Thar? Would be 2 times cheaper and 3 times less electronics...

Or a Jimny?

Or a Landcruiser? (Same price here lol)

Yes I remember I live in Canada...

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You're eventually going to get flamed because most people think you're attacking them personally if you have (legitimate) criticisms of a PRODUCT they OWN.

You're not wrong, just get the flame suit ready.

Honestly electrical bugs me less than hard parts like steering boxes with tons of play or shitastic welds. But certainly, if electrical problems arise that can you leave you stranded that's a HUGE issue...

OP
OP

seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Outfitter
You're eventually going to get flamed because most people think you're attacking them personally if you have (legitimate) criticisms of a PRODUCT they OWN.

You're not wrong, just get the flame suit ready.

Honestly electrical bugs me less than hard parts like steering boxes with tons of play or shitastic welds. But certainly, if electrical problems arise that can you leave you stranded that's a HUGE issue...
Yes! Thx for the advice. Mechanically speaking the wrangler seems ok with the mileage I have but there is the clutch recall.

In fact there is always a "but" with FCA it seems.

My girlfriend had a new 500 last year. She kept it 2 months before trading it for a Accent...

I forgot the "hit the brake in 4low in the snow but wheels keep rolling" followed by "it's normal behavior" from the tech at Dodge's...

Like the windows who opens randomly by themselves. "Sometimes the windows attach doesn't grip so the windows falls. It's gravity you know" Me : it's a new 35k$ vehicule you know?

They are destroying the jeep legacy, and they are very efficient at that.

In fact I'm the stupid one still buying from them...

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
FCA is riddled with problems man, this isn't something new. This is my first FCA vehicle and it will be the last New Vehicle I ever purchase from them. Now that I've owned a Wrangler I will always have one in my garage, I will just never buy another new one.

I've had 3 Major Engine repairs since I've owned the Jeep and I expect I will continue to have issues with it.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi, I own two FCA products. A 2019 ram 1500 classic with 13k km and a 2020 jlu sport s with 11k km.

The Ram has 3 electrical problems :
- tailgate captor has free games (led cargo lights and indoor lighting always flash or stays on whatever I do)
- driver windows opens randomly Witt or without keys in ignition
- doors locks randomly with or without keys in ignition

The Wrangler was custom built with the upgraded alpine Soundsystem but with the small Uconnect screen.
- randomly: all the left channel sound quality drops a lot (white noise)
- Bluetooth is a hit or miss
- radio freeze randomly and no way to shut the volume or anything else
- when night driving, if I touch the wiper control (if it's lightly raining just to wipe the rain), all the dash illumination goes 100% for around 5 sec until the light sensor catch it's still night

So I own around 100 000 $ of vehicule value that I consider as new and they are riddled with electrical shitty random problems. And I don't speak about the fucking 11k km clutch that is already defective that I need to wait for a "solution".

I let the two vehicule where I buyed them for 12 days. I only got two empty gas tank and lame excuses because they "can't see the problems and they are waiting for a radio flash upgrade and for the clutch solution"...

I'm asking the community if you saw some similar problems.

Sorry for the English.
It's hit of miss for every car company. Any brand can put out a good and a bad vehicle. The odds of getting a bad one between different brands can be substantial. The odds of getting a bad FCA product is probably higher then say Lexus. I would say most, if not all, Quality Control and Customer Service surveys place FCA products at the very bottom. JD Powers and other surveys reflect and support this.

The price of JL Wranglers has increased substantially over the previous JK. Pricing definitely overlaps with other brands with much better reliability and historically better service. I totally agree Quality and customer service could be and should be much better. FCA and dealers should be more accountable for inadequate and poor performance and service.

The thing is this. No other brand makes anything that is like a Wrangler. There are no other 4x4s with removal roofs and doors. Wranglers are selling at a record pace. Until there is competition FCA has little incentive to improve.

Last edited:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
FCA products are expensive, and sellers doesn't stand behind their cars. It's never their fault, always the customer who is "misusing" the product.
This is my biggest beef with FCA. I have no illusions that they'll try to improve their lackluster quality, but as an auto manufacturer, it's incredible how poorly they treat their customer base. Jeep puts an amazing amount of time and energy into marketing their products, especially their concept vehicles, at events like EJS and SEMA. However, once their product is off the lot and the keys are in your hands, their attitude is you can pretty much go fuck yourself.

The thing is this. No other brand makes anything that is like a Wrangler. There are no other 4x4s with removal roofs and doors. Wranglers are selling at a record pace. Until there is competition FCA has little incentive to improve.
This is exactly why I'm hopeful the Bronco kicks ass when it debuts.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

You bought two new vehicles from one manufacturer. Thats like putting all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your automotive portfolio!
Or at least buy one more fca product...

like that old saying for ferraris. You should own three. One to drive and two in the shop.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm not happy with the issues I've had with the steering, visors and axle leaking. But I'm not ready to give up on it yet. If I did give up on it. I'd probably buy a early JKU and stick a LS in it and
It's hit of miss for every car company. Any brand can put out a good and a bad vehicle. The odds of getting a bad one between different brands can be substantial. The odds of getting a bad FCA product is probably higher then say Lexus. I would say most, if not all, Quality Control and Customer Service surveys place FCA products at the very bottom. JD Powers and other surveys reflect and support this.

The price of JL Wranglers has increased substantially over the previous JK. Pricing definitely overlaps with other brands with much better reliability and historically better service. I totally agree Quality and customer service could be and should be much better. FCA and dealers should be more accountable for inadequate and poor performance and service.

When you monopolize a product type, you can charge a premium and get away with things a product in a competitive market couldn't. The thing that FCA is missing is that the largest part of their Wrangler sales are to people that drive them on the street only or just down a dirt road occasionally. They are in the SUV market. They just seem to be ignoring that fact. But then when did the pentastar ever stand for quality? Not in my lifetime.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Half of the problems are the independently owned dealerships. Many of the FCA brand dealerships are incompetent.
You bought two new vehicles from one manufacturer. Thats like putting all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your automotive portfolio!
Or at least buy one more fca product...

like that old saying for ferraris. You should own three. One to drive and two in the shop.
Modern Ferraris are pretty reliable. They are not driven much though. Average annual miles for a Ferrari in the Midwest is about 1200 miles. They do get you one way or the other. The service is a little tough to swallow even if there are no mechanical break downs. It cost about $15K-$20K for a routine 5 year service on a F355.
Sponsored