Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I couldn’t agree more.

With the exception of the transmission problem, the OP doesn’t need to complain. He would do good to lose the bad attitude real quick. There are others on this forum who’ve dealt with issues that are far worse than what he’s had to deal with.

Vehicles are a combination of parts by hundreds of suppliers. Sometimes suppliers have bad product and sometimes that product gets handed down to the consumer.

Which is why when the consumer takes it to the dealership mechanic, they don’t know how to fix it. I’m not an employee of Jeep or FCA but I know enough about their manufacturing process to say that the plants are where parts come together, get wrenched and assembled.

If a screw is loose or missing, raise hell and blame Jeep - they then deserve it. If they put the vehicle together thru shoddy means, hold them accountable. But if their suppliers supply bad product, hold the suppliers accountable.

Sad that Jeep or any other manufacturer is unfairly held accountable for the shortcomings of their suppliers.
I couldn't of said it any better !
Sponsored

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
This thread is quickly becoming more complicated than it has to be. Jeep people will look past the issues because they know what they're getting into when buying one, non-Jeep people won't. That is how arguments like these get started.

I once watched a video of this guy who bought a new top trim F350 dually which was damn near 6 figures. Glove box didn't open, side mirror and windshield had a wavy texture to it so you couldn't properly see, heated seats didn't work, alignment from factory was bad, and a few other issues. In the comment section, it was literally the exact same arguments like here. People were either saying for that price it shouldn't have those issues, or that it's a truck not a luxury car, deal with it and stop bitching
Point is, these vehicles are entering new markets. It's crazy how there are $70k Wranglers now, I got mine for less than half that. These vehicles are entering new markets, it no longer attracts only off roaders, Wranglers are now attracting previous Range Rover and G Class owners. Especially since car reviewers were raving about how comfortable the new gen Wrangler was when the JL first came out.

Main point that I'm trying to make here is, nobody here is wrong. OP, you being angry is completely justified, you spent the money on these vehicles expecting them to have no issues, completely in reason. As for the others on this thread, you're not wrong either. Arguing for pages on end will change nobodies mind. Literally no point in arguing. There's two crowds of people and nobody is gonna budge.

OP
OP

seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pavillonbasilieres.com
Vehicle(s)
Roxor LE 2018, Ram 1500 classic 2019, Suzuki XL7 2007, Nissan Leaf 2014, Mazda B4000 2010
Occupation
Outfitter
This thread is quickly becoming more complicated than it has to be. Jeep people will look past the issues because they know what they're getting into when buying one, non-Jeep people won't. That is how arguments like these get started.

I once watched a video of this guy who bought a new top trim F350 dually which was damn near 6 figures. Glove box didn't open, side mirror and windshield had a wavy texture to it so you couldn't properly see, heated seats didn't work, alignment from factory was bad, and a few other issues. In the comment section, it was literally the exact same arguments like here. People were either saying for that price it shouldn't have those issues, or that it's a truck not a luxury car, deal with it and stop bitching
Point is, these vehicles are entering new markets. It's crazy how there are $70k Wranglers now, I got mine for less than half that. These vehicles are entering new markets, it no longer attracts only off roaders, Wranglers are now attracting previous Range Rover and G Class owners. Especially since car reviewers were raving about how comfortable the new gen Wrangler was when the JL first came out.

Main point that I'm trying to make here is, nobody here is wrong. OP, you being angry is completely justified, you spent the money on these vehicles expecting them to have no issues, completely in reason. As for the others on this thread, you're not wrong either. Arguing for pages on end will change nobodies mind. Literally no point in arguing. There's two crowds of people and nobody is gonna budge.
Nice resumé!

I'm surprised about the answers. Unlike someone answered in the starting of this thread, I got less hated than expected...

My decision to buy a wrangler was mainly because of a jeep hardcore friend I have since a long time (he's got "jeep" tattooed on his left hand fingers ...). He daily drive a fully modified TJ. He has the same exact sadness than me about the JL line.

I now see that problems are way more frequent than I thought. It won't change anything like you said but maybe before this thread will be deleted some people will think twice before spending so much money on a wrangler.

This will inevitably go in the ears of the salespersons and will go up to FCA at some point I hope.

Thanks for all the comments, even the jeepfans ones.

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Hi, I own two FCA products. A 2019 ram 1500 classic with 13k km and a 2020 jlu sport s with 11k km.

The Ram has 3 electrical problems :
- tailgate captor has free games (led cargo lights and indoor lighting always flash or stays on whatever I do)
- driver windows opens randomly Witt or without keys in ignition
- doors locks randomly with or without keys in ignition

The Wrangler was custom built with the upgraded alpine Soundsystem but with the small Uconnect screen.
- randomly: all the left channel sound quality drops a lot (white noise)
- Bluetooth is a hit or miss
- radio freeze randomly and no way to shut the volume or anything else
- when night driving, if I touch the wiper control (if it's lightly raining just to wipe the rain), all the dash illumination goes 100% for around 5 sec until the light sensor catch it's still night

So I own around 100 000 $ of vehicule value that I consider as new and they are riddled with electrical shitty random problems. And I don't speak about the fucking 11k km clutch that is already defective that I need to wait for a "solution".

I never owned a volks for these type of problem...

I let the two vehicule where I buyed them for 12 days. I only got two empty gas tank and lame excuses because they "can't see the problems and they are waiting for a radio flash upgrade and for the clutch solution"...

I'm asking the community if you saw some similar problems.

These vehicle does not worth they're asking price.

If I buy a 50k$ car I hope it will work like it should.

Sorry for the English.
Forget about the English, your sentiments and disgust with FCA
was well conveyed. Unfortunately, the bottom line (profit) is the
prime focus of automotive manufactures. This is not only with FCA
but with Ford, Chevy, BMW ....etc. Having been there many times, I
feel your resentment with FCA and the dealership. The only way
I resolved a problem was to go to the top. The man. I got a response
and my problem was resolved. Forget about the dealership, they
are franchises and independently owned. Hope things work
out.

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hi, I own two FCA products. A 2019 ram 1500 classic with 13k km and a 2020 jlu sport s with 11k km.

Sorry for the English.
Keep in mind that Jeep sources a lot of the parts from other manufacturers. I have a 2019 Jeep with the LSD which is falling apart, oil black like mud, less than a year old and under 10k. Do I blame Jeep because Dana made a faulty rear end? Of course not. We have 3 years to sort things out under warranty so I'm not too worried about it. Sucks going back and forth to the dealer, and I feel your pain. All auto manufacturers have problems, not just FCA.

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Sounds like a loose ground issue. Sad part is the warranty reimbursement rate to the dealerships does not incentivize them to actually put someone on it with the time needed to track down such an issue. This is where you get the cannot duplicate and return to customer to rinse and repeat and start over again with a new service ticket. Just about every electrical issue is solvable, it just takes competence and time and that is in short supply it seems.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Had a similar issue with the radio in my 2018 JLR. Fixed it by crashing into a sound wall at 50+ mph (not my fault). Walked away with no injuries, got the insurance money, and new 2019 JLR. No issues (so far). Kia bought back our first Optimum with a little help from the BBB. Got a new one and no issues. Luck of the draw I guess.

IMG_1127 (1).jpg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Had a similar issue with the radio in my 2018 JLR. Fixed it by crashing into a sound wall at 50+ mph (not my fault). Walked away with no injuries, got the insurance money, and new 2019 JLR. No issues (so far). Kia bought back our first Optimum with a little help from the BBB. Got a new one and no issues. Luck of the draw I guess.

IMG_1127 (1).jpg
Sorry to inform you but according to Consumer Reports and Euro NCAP you are actually dead. You should see a bright light overhead...walk into the bright light.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You know, I've heard not a single other manufacturer has had a problem with any of their vehicles. None. Ever.
That's cute, but I have never owned as problematic a vehicle as my TJ Wrangler, and I have never seen any forum with buyers of new vehicles who have had as many issues as those who buy Wranglers - every single year since at least 1995.

It's no shock that Jeep has long had the attitude that if you don't like their build quality you can buy whatever other vehicle that does what they do.

Aside from the Toyota FJ Cruiser, there have been few other choices in the past decade or so.

Bottom line is lots of people purchase Wranglers.

Few people purchase a second.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's cute, but I have never owned as problematic a vehicle as my TJ Wrangler, and I have never seen any forum with buyers of new vehicles who have had as many issues as those who buy Wranglers - every single year since at least 1995.

It's no shock that Jeep has long had the attitude that if you don't like their build quality you can buy whatever other vehicle that does what they do.

Aside from the Toyota FJ Cruiser, there have been few other choices in the past decade or so.

Bottom line is lots of people purchase Wranglers.

Few people purchase a second.
Where do you get your stat "few people purchase a second"? That's plain stupid. Look at how many on the forum have multiple Wranglers. This thread is a bitch session for the few owners that do have problems. And I have been on other mfg. forums and they all have this same hysteria of this is the worst vehicle ever made, Toyota (substitute any other car company name) should be out of business. No other mfg. has a vehicle that is put through the torture that the Wrangler is from all the modifications to the environments many operate in. Do us all a favor and get rid of the worst vehicle ever made and buy any other car that is better made.

Sponsored

OP
OP

seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Roxor LE 2018, Ram 1500 classic 2019, Suzuki XL7 2007, Nissan Leaf 2014, Mazda B4000 2010
Occupation
Outfitter
Keep in mind that Jeep sources a lot of the parts from other manufacturers. I have a 2019 Jeep with the LSD which is falling apart, oil black like mud, less than a year old and under 10k. Do I blame Jeep because Dana made a faulty rear end? Of course not. We have 3 years to sort things out under warranty so I'm not too worried about it. Sucks going back and forth to the dealer, and I feel your pain. All auto manufacturers have problems, not just FCA.
Where do you get your stat "few people purchase a second"? That's plain stupid. Look at how many on the forum have multiple Wranglers. This thread is a bitch session for the few owners that do have problems. And I have been on other mfg. forums and they all have this same hysteria of this is the worst vehicle ever made, Toyota (substitute any other car company name) should be out of business. No other mfg. has a vehicle that is put through the torture that the Wrangler is from all the modifications to the environments many operate in. Do us all a favor and get rid of the worst vehicle ever made and buy any other car that is better made.
It's not the worst vehicle made. But many people have problems with them and they don't seems to be fixed at all. Maybe you got lucky with your two jeep but it's clearly not the case with all the owners here who post their story.

Vast majority of posters here speak about defective jeep who only sees public road and don't have a lot of miles on them.

From my experience, who is not better than yours since I'm not in the statistics industry, service on the other car branded dealer was always better, faster, and I never got lame excuses like I always have since I bought a FCA product. I never had electrical problems on less than 50000km car, so 3 different at 13k on one...

Even if you think all this is a bitch session, it's not a reason to be rude. Everyone has the right to post opinion even if it's not synced with yours.

Thx and have a great day

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Eh, I dunno....there is a middle ground. I'm personally not concerned with the issues, largely 'cause I can fix them myself if needed, and my JL is a toy, not my primary driver. OTOH I don't blame people for being upset, the lack of quality control is so absurd I can't help but chuckle.

I'm glad people complain and they should - nothing else I can see will force Jeep to TRY to do better, aside from a slew of lawsuits and government involvement, and that only ever equals more nannies and stupid "safety" things like AutoPark, so I do NOT want that route

Aenima

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Ruby
Owned many Jeeps. Jeeps have always sucked, some worse than others.

They are very specialized vehicles that share little with other vehicles. They require unique blank-slate parts which is a challenge unto itself for the manufacturer and the supplier. As a result, stuff doesn't always work right, or at least not well.

Compared to the blatant cost-cutting exercise that was the JK, the JL is a much better vehicle. I have no howling throwout bearing, no spun crank bearing, no butter-soft 2-cent transfer case cable bushings disabling my vehicle, no locker disengagement issues, no fart-on-it-and-it-dents body, no pathetic axle bracketry...to barely scratch the surface of the JK. Of course, the JL costs too damn much. I'm too new into my JL ownership to find out what exactly they screwed up this time around. But time will tell. And there will be things.

Owning a Jeep has always been a love/hate relationship, that moves back and forth between love and hate frequently and violently. You just know that going in, and deal with it (or not).

Is it worth the headache versus driving vanilla, boring, ambien-on-wheels that makes up 85% of the new vehicle market? Only you can decide that.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Owned many Jeeps. Jeeps have always sucked, some worse than others.

They are very specialized vehicles that share little with other vehicles. They require unique blank-slate parts which is a challenge unto itself for the manufacturer and the supplier. As a result, stuff doesn't always work right, or at least not well.

Compared to the blatant cost-cutting exercise that was the JK, the JL is a much better vehicle. I have no howling throwout bearing, no spun crank bearing, no butter-soft 2-cent transfer case cable bushings disabling my vehicle, no locker disengagement issues, no fart-on-it-and-it-dents body, no pathetic axle bracketry...to barely scratch the surface of the JK. Of course, the JL costs too damn much. I'm too new into my JL ownership to find out what exactly they screwed up this time around. But time will tell. And there will be things.

Owning a Jeep has always been a love/hate relationship, that moves back and forth between love and hate frequently and violently. You just know that going in, and deal with it (or not).

Is it worth the headache versus driving vanilla, boring, ambien-on-wheels that makes up 85% of the new vehicle market? Only you can decide that.
LSD's that eat themselves not blank slate. I see some want to blame Spicer. Ok.

Steering gears not blank slate, very old technology.

Clutches that don't catch on fire not blank slate, very old technology.

Welds that actually pass over the weld joint, not new technology. Welds with minimal porosity, not asking too much.

Proper caster from the factory, er.... that's just physics and Automotive Alignment 101. Not new technology.

OP
OP

seb34567

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Outfitter
Eh, I dunno....there is a middle ground. I'm personally not concerned with the issues, largely 'cause I can fix them myself if needed, and my JL is a toy, not my primary driver. OTOH I don't blame people for being upset, the lack of quality control is so absurd I can't help but chuckle.

I'm glad people complain and they should - nothing else I can see will force Jeep to TRY to do better, aside from a slew of lawsuits and government involvement, and that only ever equals more nannies and stupid "safety" things like AutoPark, so I do NOT want that route
LOL autopark what a shitty feature. But not FCA's fault for this one.
Sponsored