multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
That attitude breeds frustration when people, places and things don’t pan out according to expectations or perceived expectations of how things “should be”.

As for Fiat being as bad as suggested, why continue to support them with money? Why not sell off your Wrangler and take chances with another vehicle and different manufacturer?

The OP has allowed his emotions to overcome his ability to reason and his English notwithstanding, has lost his ability to seek to understand, differentiate and find a healthy way to problem solve.

Ignorance is NOT bliss. If an OEM supplier shits the bed and the consumer has to pick up the slack for it, that supplier needs to be held accountable.
...by FCA, not the consumer. At least I hope that’s what you meant. It’s not the consumer’s job to hunt down the suppliers and demand justice; FCA needs to stand by their warranties, fix vehicles and take it up with their suppliers on their own time.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Sad that Jeep or any other manufacturer is unfairly held accountable for the shortcomings of their suppliers.
I agree with your post except for this part. The manufacturer is still accountable for their parts. What's annoying about forums like this though is these people pick and choose whatever they want to believe in. UConnect has been widely praised by Consumer Reports, JDPower, Individual Reviewers, etc because it's very good and doesn't have many issues. People on here still call it crap though because there's a few related threads posted in the issues forum for a vehicle with hundreds of thousands VINs out there. When CR and JD Power call Jeep unreliable the echo chamber on here takes it as gospel. When the contrary is said it's ignored.

Similarly you literally have 10 million + Pentastars out there doing fine across FCA but people are still commenting it's not a proven engine after almost 10 years. It shows just how unreasonable people could be. There's Jeep fan boys which I'm probably one of and there's also the opposite that shit on Jeep no matter what. It's comical.

Poor frame welds would certainly have me pissed off. But a radio cutting out? The dash illuminating for 5 seconds under certain conditions? I just don't understand getting so worked up over such minor issues.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I couldn’t agree more.

With the exception of the transmission problem, the OP doesn’t need to complain. He would do good to lose the bad attitude real quick. There are others on this forum who’ve dealt with issues that are far worse than what he’s had to deal with.

Vehicles are a combination of parts by hundreds of suppliers. Sometimes suppliers have bad product and sometimes that product gets handed down to the consumer.

Which is why when the consumer takes it to the dealership mechanic, they don’t know how to fix it. I’m not an employee of Jeep or FCA but I know enough about their manufacturing process to say that the plants are where parts come together, get wrenched and assembled.

If a screw is loose or missing, raise hell and blame Jeep - they then deserve it. If they put the vehicle together thru shoddy means, hold them accountable. But if their suppliers supply bad product, hold the suppliers accountable.

Sad that Jeep or any other manufacturer is unfairly held accountable for the shortcomings of their suppliers.
I love my JLR and the last couple of Wranglers. Not a hater. I also don't think we should make up excuses for FCA's poor quality control. FCA has no incentive to improve if we don't hold them accountable.

Why should't FCA be held accountable for their their lack of communication, management, engineering, specifications, quality control metrics, etc?

Consumers don't buy from the suppliers. FCA warranties the parts to consumers not the supplier. The buck stops at the top with FCA and not suppliers. FCA should be held accountable for the products they sell to consumers. It's up to FCA to take it up the chain with suppliers. This is not the consumer's responsibility.

All car companies use basically the same suppliers. How come some car companies have better quality with the same suppliers? Why do some car brands have better quality control then FCA? Suppliers give FCA what they contracted for. It's FCA's poor management that's the issue. FCA has had issues with it's suppliers for years. FCA not only ranks at the bottom of consumer-quality and customer-service survey indexes. FCA also rates at the bottom for Supplier Working Relation Surveys.

Notice the correlation between the highest ranked brands with suppliers and the highest ranked in consumer satisfaction? Same with the lowest ranked where FCA sits. It's not a coincidence.

"Rapport rankings
From the 2016 Henke supplier relations report: Scores 350 and above are rated good/very good; 250 to 349, adequate; below 250, poor/very poor. Toyota: 332 Honda: 323 Ford: 267 GM: 250 Nissan: 225 FCA: 222

Good relations?
What percentage of each automaker's suppliers said they have good relations with the customer's buyers? Toyota: 43% Honda: 41% Ford: 24% GM: 21% Nissan: 16% FCA: 15% Source: North American Automotive OEM-Supplier Working Relations Index Study"

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...cantly-greater-industry-trends-300867939.html

https://www.wardsauto.com/industry/toyota-rises-everyone-else-falls-oem-supplier-relations-study

https://www.autonews.com/article/20...a-doing-the-wrong-things-supplier-survey-says

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...chrysler-quality-consumer-reports/3292743002/

https://www.plasticsnews.com/automo...an-new-challenges-supplier-carmaker-relations

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yeah I'm fucking pissed. Thinking about bringing them back and ask a refund with the help of the lawyer...

What a shame...

My first jeep by the way. I like everything about it except the problems listed. I'm thinking about replacing these shitty products with used ones... Less trouble more cash to do other things.
FIAT

Fix
It
Again
Tony

Or the other one to learn - if you expected the electrical systems to work should have bought an Audi.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I love my JLR and the last couple of Wranglers. Not a hater. I also don't think we should make up excuses for FCA's poor quality control. FCA has no incentive to improve if we do.

Why should't FCA be held accountable for their their lack of communication, management, engineering, specifications, quality control metrics, etc?

Consumers don't buy from the suppliers. FCA warranties the parts to consumers not the supplier. The buck stops at the top with FCA and not suppliers. FCA should be held accountable for the products they sell to consumers. It's up to FCA to take it up the chain with suppliers. This is not the consumer's responsibility.

All car companies use basically the same suppliers. How come some car companies have better quality with the same suppliers? Why do some car brands have better quality control then FCA? Suppliers give FCA what they contracted for. It's FCA's poor management that's the issue. FCA has had issues with it's suppliers for years. FCA not only ranks at the bottom of consumer-quality and customer-service survey indexes. FCA also rates at the bottom for Supplier Working Relation Surveys.

Notice the correlation between the highest ranked brands with suppliers and the highest ranked in consumer satisfaction? It's not a coincidence.

"Rapport rankings
From the 2016 Henke supplier relations report: Scores 350 and above are rated good/very good; 250 to 349, adequate; below 250, poor/very poor. Toyota: 332 Honda: 323 Ford: 267 GM: 250 Nissan: 225 FCA: 222

Good relations?
What percentage of each automaker's suppliers said they have good relations with the customer's buyers? Toyota: 43% Honda: 41% Ford: 24% GM: 21% Nissan: 16% FCA: 15% Source: North American Automotive OEM-Supplier Working Relations Index Study"

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...cantly-greater-industry-trends-300867939.html

https://www.wardsauto.com/industry/toyota-rises-everyone-else-falls-oem-supplier-relations-study

https://www.autonews.com/article/20...a-doing-the-wrong-things-supplier-survey-says

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...chrysler-quality-consumer-reports/3292743002/

https://www.plasticsnews.com/automo...an-new-challenges-supplier-carmaker-relations
Stop making sense, you’ll make the fanboys’ head explode. Every time I see the asinine argument “Even Lexus has problems” I know that person does not own a Lexus. I do. It does not have problems. It’s at 135K miles. I thought I had a problem once. Lexus service fell over themselves to diagnose and solve it. The service and treatment was amazing. They did not once say it’s operating as designed. Even though it was!

My Jeep has under 20K. It had a malfunction when I drove it off the lot. They fixed it, but it took 3 weeks to get the part (luckily it was still drivable). It’s been in several times for different issues with varying degrees of success fixing them. The service has been mediocre at best.

I’m going to go over to the Rolex forum and see if people with issues are being told “Omegas are POS too! You should tell the time by looking at your phone.”

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Stop making sense, you’ll make the fanboys’ head explode. Every time I see the asinine argument “Even Lexus has problems” I know that person does not own a Lexus. I do. It does not have problems. It’s at 135K miles. I thought I had a problem once. Lexus service fell over themselves to diagnose and solve it. The service and treatment was amazing. They did not once say it’s operating as designed. Even though it was!

My Jeep has under 20K. It had a malfunction when I drove it off the lot. They fixed it, but it took 3 weeks to get the part (luckily it was still drivable). It’s been in several times for different issues with varying degrees of success fixing them. The service has been mediocre at best.

I’m going to go over to the Rolex forum and see if people with issues are being told “Omegas are POS too! You should tell the time by looking at your phone.”
Yes, this is the challenge as they have a unique product that nobody else offers so therefore can get away with such crap.

If Jeep was only in competitive market segments they would not survive. The GC sucks compared to most other SUV's. It's only the Wrangler/Gladiator line keeping the lights on.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Of course, as everyone has mentioned, it’s definitely on FCA to hold their suppliers accountable. :like:

It doesn’t look good on them at all if they don’t.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The manufacturer is still accountable for their parts.
You’re right, they are!
...by FCA, not the consumer. At least I hope that’s what you meant...
Yes, that’s exactly what I meant!
LOL, but Jeep as the one who ultimately puts those parts together and sells them as a unit is responsible for the quality. The parts they buy.... they design and they should inspect before putting them all together
Couldn’t agree more!

Pain points where the OEM suppliers fall short demand investigation, accountability and solutions from FCA.

I doubt resolution will happen on a local level. Yelling at the people who sell and service the vehicle isn’t productive. Going up the chain, being organized with data and reaching out to top brass as well as those close to top brass is where impactful and meaningful change can happen.

Pardon the pun but like most corporations, there is most likely a disconnect between the boots on the ground and the suits in the office.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes, this is the challenge as they have a unique product that nobody else offers so therefore can get away with such crap.

If Jeep was only in competitive market segments they would not survive. The GC sucks compared to most other SUV's. It's only the Wrangler/Gladiator line keeping the lights on.
Therein lies the issue. F150, Tundra, Silverado, Ram, Titan all are more or less comparable and have to do their best to maintain market share, or try to take buyers from their competitors. Jeep Wrangler truly has no apples to apples competitors in this market. That’s why I hope that the Bronco and Baby Bronco are a home run. Eat away at wrangler sales and force them to up their game to keep our dollars.

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

I think that’s what irritated me the most when I had my JL. I know every manufacturer has issues but in my experience JEEP was the WORST as far as the whole SERVICE. From the the wait times, being updated on my issues, to part wait times. It was just so horrible.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...I know every manufacturer has issues but in my experience JEEP was the WORST as far as the whole SERVICE. From the the wait times, being updated on my issues, to part wait times. It was just so horrible.
It’s easy to learn a lot about how an organization operates and how organized they are AFTER they take your money. It’s also easy to get “lost” in the system especially if your problem doesn’t have a quick solution. More so when the days start to pass and new claims from other people come up.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
It’s easy to learn a lot about how an organization operates and how organized they are AFTER they take your money. It’s also easy to get “lost” in the system especially if your problem doesn’t have a quick solution. More so when the days start to pass and new claims from other people come up.
Thats exactly what happened to me when my instrument cluster died. I had to get pissed because they took my whole dash apart to get to Cluster, then the guy working on it had to start on another engine replacement so My jeep was there dismantled while waiting for the part to be found and it sort of just got pushed aside. I got upset because I had called a day or 2 later and the f'king parts manager or whoever hadn't even looked or ordered the part.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think that’s what irritated me the most when I had my JL. I know every manufacturer has issues but in my experience JEEP was the WORST as far as the whole SERVICE. From the the wait times, being updated on my issues, to part wait times. It was just so horrible.
Yet my Jeep dealer is excellent. Fast service, parts department gives me parts at wholesale, always communicating. But I am polite and cooperative with them, understand that they face a slew of customers that don't read the owner's manual, that do things to their vehicle they shouldn't (like one guy that saw the oil was at the bottom of the dip stick so he heard the car takes 5 quarts and added that in. He was surprised when he started it and it had become a smoke machine). Some dealerships are bad. We had a dealer here years ago that the owners were sent to federal prison for their dealership practices. But most are honest, hard working and want repeat customers.
So for everyone moaning about their Jeep, sell it and buy something different then complain on their forums when you have problems again.
So let the bitching begin (continue).

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I just try to be a realist about these things. I can understand how someone can be really pissed after paying big money for their JL and having problems. It is sad that these complicated machines are not 100% understood by the dealer mechanics. Hopefully over time mechanics will be able to better trouble shoot and solve these issues. Yes , it is FCA's responsibility, but it is also flat wrong to think FCA and these dealers do not care. Several have mentioned attitude and in my old age, I have found I get much more effort being thoughtful than being a demanding jerk.

I could be wrong but are there some contributors here that don't even have JL's? Maybe others that had JL's and would be impossible to be objective? Just saying...........hey it is a public forum!

To people having problems, that really sucks because these are really fun rides. I hope you get your issues resolved!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I gave them an offer they should not have refused. Instead they did not respond back to me. I really believe my Jeep could have easily been fixed given proper instructions to the service tech. But at the point I filed arbitration it was more or less to be a matter of principle. They ignored me. They could have at least said no to my offer and kept in communication. They never talked to me other than through the service manager and that was the first time when they simply said they were not going to do a buy back. My resolution went without comment from them
FCA needs to punish incompetent dealers and reward dealers who are excellent. The dealers are independently franchised. They are at least 50% of the problem. FCA would not be buying back half the cars they do if the dealers were competent.
Sponsored