Sponsored

FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff"

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sounds to me that the Master Mechanic isn't so masterful or could solve the problem. As you read through the entire thread, the OP drops information as he goes....what else are we missing? Sounds like some cobbed up accessorizing to me.

Personally if people are so pissed off at their dealer and FCA, why do they bother to buy another product? 80% of the whiners on here should never buy another Jeep product....period. First the FOB is too big (could have seen that on the test drive if that was so important), scratches and other shit on the finish discovered after bringing it home (vision impairment at the dealer?), etc. , etc. Take some responsibility for your own actions and potential results.

I wonder why Jeep engineers their products for 33" tires and not 37's? Go look at the other sites for the TACO and see the same warranty declinations.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a lawyer yet or trying to invoke the Lemon Law because we also have a bunch of real legal analysts here also.

Does anyone ever bother to get the other side of the story from the other side?
Service managers have a rough job. The story is always the same. "This piece of junk keeps messing up".

If you manage to get to the truth, you find out that the "piece of junk" was actually working fine until they tried fording 42" of muck or ran the King of Hammers or some other stunt that required an assistant to hold a beer...

Many stories are multi-sided and until you sort through it you really shouldn't draw conclusions
Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Well, we learned that when the 4WD is not functioning the front drive shaft is turning but the FAD (just replaced) is not engaging. So here's the plan as of 1600 hours. We're going to change the ABS sensors because they're cheap and easy and maybe that will work. If that doesn't fix it we'll change the speed sensor on the T-case. And if that doesn't work we'll pull the axles and replace with a 1-piece RCVand delete the FAD with the Tazer. That is obviously the most expensive option, but with Jeeps every break is an opportunity. I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.
Hopefully the sensors work out for you.

RCVs are one option if you want to go all out, but I gave you a Yukon part number in an earlier post that just replaces the FAD shafts with a 1 piece unit. You can re-use your stock stub shaft and joint (or replace the joint for $50 extra if you want) and then get a cavfab fad block off plate for $20. $250 bucks for everything all said and done.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If you don’t have the patience or temperament to modify a new vehicle. You shouldn’t do it. There’s always a risk when you take a brand new car and modify it. We all know this.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This is why the most I will be doing is adding larger tires and no lift. The larger tires and alloy wheels will weigh about the same as rubicon tires on oem steel wheels. FCA will lose the fight on the extra few (and I mean less than 10) pounds causing an issue with the driveline, for my Jeep

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hey dude, why are you replying to my post with your rant? I offered a viable solution! ..:mad:........here’s a snickers.......... better?
Sorry, it wasn't meant for you, it was meant for the OP.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are you hangry?
Nope, just hate it when people don't take any accountability for their actions and blame everyone on the planet. I don't have a dog in the hunt. I have a great dealer (for over 10 years), they are extremely responsive to their customers and community.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You don't know what you're talking about and you're clearly unbalanced.
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. My Jeep isn't the one that's screwed up! I'd get a new Master Mechanic.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just to back up a bit ; the Jeep is at a TOYOTA Dealer, and has an aftermarket extended Warranty ?
Three sides to every Story : "His" side, "her "side, and the Truth. I get that you started the claim before the 3/36 expired, and that drive train is still in effect, but... There's more to this story ?

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Just to back up a bit ; the Jeep is at a TOYOTA Dealer, and has an aftermarket extended Warranty ?
Three sides to every Story : "His" side, "her "side, and the Truth. I get that you started the claim before the 3/36 expired, and that drive train is still in effect, but... There's more to this story ?
The Jeep dealership told me that FCA said my warranty was cancelled because of my "after market stuff" yesterday. I started this claim about 45 days ago when my Jeep was still under factory warranty. Since then it's been in and out of the shop 4 or 5 times. During this process i went from 35,000 miles to 38,000 miles, so it's now out of factory warranty.

My extended warranty is not through Mopar so i can take it to a number of different places and I chose Toyota.

And there is not 3 sides to this story, there is only mine and it's the truth. I never bitched or whined about them "cancelling" my warranty. I do think it's ridic that they currently have multiple Jeeps for sale with 37s and a Gladiator with 38s that is running 3.73 gears...and somehow my tires are the only ones that screw up vehicles.

I complained about how terrible the service was. 19 days and they never put a wrench on my Jeep. They lied to me several times, and I caught them. The problems are related to sensors and not mechanical. They honestly tried to solve the issue for about half a day, then gave up. They told FCA they couldn't fix it because of my tires and FCA told me to get lost.

I honestly don't give a shit about the warranty, I knew I was rolling the dice when i modded the Jeep. But I don't like being lied to or cheated.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I only run 35s, but I've read enough on the forum to realize that 37s are a BIG step up in terms of ability to do collateral driveline damage. I'm sympathetic to your plight, but not surprised with their stance.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Sounds to me that the Master Mechanic isn't so masterful or could solve the problem. As you read through the entire thread, the OP drops information as he goes....what else are we missing? Sounds like some cobbed up accessorizing to me.

Personally if people are so pissed off at their dealer and FCA, why do they bother to buy another product? 80% of the whiners on here should never buy another Jeep product....period. First the FOB is too big (could have seen that on the test drive if that was so important), scratches and other shit on the finish discovered after bringing it home (vision impairment at the dealer?), etc. , etc. Take some responsibility for your own actions and potential results.

I wonder why Jeep engineers their products for 33" tires and not 37's? Go look at the other sites for the TACO and see the same warranty declinations.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a lawyer yet or trying to invoke the Lemon Law because we also have a bunch of real legal analysts here also.

Does anyone ever bother to get the other side of the story from the other side?
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff" im-not-always-a-d-bag-but-when-i-am-i-am-a-total-d-ba

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The Jeep dealership told me that FCA said my warranty was cancelled because of my "after market stuff" yesterday. I started this claim about 45 days ago when my Jeep was still under factory warranty. Since then it's been in and out of the shop 4 or 5 times. During this process i went from 35,000 miles to 38,000 miles, so it's now out of factory warranty.

My extended warranty is not through Mopar so i can take it to a number of different places and I chose Toyota.

And there is not 3 sides to this story, there is only mine and it's the truth. I never bitched or whined about them "cancelling" my warranty. I do think it's ridic that they currently have multiple Jeeps for sale with 37s and a Gladiator with 38s that is running 3.73 gears...and somehow my tires are the only ones that screw up vehicles.

I complained about how terrible the service was. 19 days and they never put a wrench on my Jeep. They lied to me several times, and I caught them. The problems are related to sensors and not mechanical. They honestly tried to solve the issue for about half a day, then gave up. They told FCA they couldn't fix it because of my tires and FCA told me to get lost.

I honestly don't give a shit about the warranty, I knew I was rolling the dice when i modded the Jeep. But I don't like being lied to or cheated.
Did you let them know that the issues were caused by your friend trying to regear your jeep?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So everyone is giving @Stormin’ Moorman shit for mods and questioning feedback he is providing on dealer experience - but the real question is why does it only happen once warmed up...... IMO if it was truly a mod problem (bigger tires, gears, etc) it would not work when cold. I could see the mods being a concern if something broke and never worked again. This is an electronic issue that his current mods had nothing to do with.
Sponsored