Sponsored

FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff"

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Well apparently if the shaft speed sensor doesn't match the ABS speed sensors, it won't engage. But I'm considering a work around if changing out all the sensors doesn't work
Problem is the shaft speed sensor would have to be integrated into the FAD actuator because there are no other wires going into or out of that area for a discrete sensor. And those things are pretty expensive.

Personally this sounds like a potential money pit where you replace both wheel speed sensors, both unit bearings, and the FAD actuator, and maybe it still doesn't work.

If you can't find a dealership who will fix it under warranty I would just do a FAD delete.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
So when the problem started it was within the 36,000 mile factory warranty. But they took so long screwing around that my jeep now has 38,000 miles and is now under the extended warranty. That's why i took it to toyota, and would have sooner if no for the factory warranty being still in place.

My Jeep is modded, yes. And if something we did caused the issue I will pay for it like a big boy, no problem. What really bothers me as that Jeep spent 19 days at the dealership and no one put a wrench on it. 19 days. On day 19 I picked it up and brought it home where i crawled underneath it and made a video. You can clearly see the skid plates had not been removed so they never looked at the T-case or the FAD. I brought it back the next day malfunctioning and the mechanic told me he had done a laundry list of things to the Jeep, all of which were lies. I asked him several questions including how he checked the T-case fluid without removing the skid plate (metal cloak)? To that he responded by yelling at me that "we got ways to do things that you don't know about!" And i said please show me how you can check the T-case fluid without removing the skid plate because that would save me a lot of time in the future. He responded with "don't call me a fucking liar!" and ran off.

This is just one of many things that occurred to me during the last 45 days of dealing with these people. There's just not enough time to get into everything.

The truth is they don't know what's wrong with it, haven't tried to fix anything and are using the old "Aftermarket things" as an excuse for their ineptitude.
Been in a somewhat similar situation with a dealer due to lift and 35s. Who did your regear and did the issue start after the regear? Did you have a tazer/flashcal hooked up to it?

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Problem is the shaft speed sensor would have to be integrated into the FAD actuator because there are no other wires going into or out of that area for a discrete sensor. And those things are pretty expensive.

Personally this sounds like a potential money pit where you replace both wheel speed sensors, both unit bearings, and the FAD actuator, and maybe it still doesn't work.

If you can't find a dealership who will fix it under warranty I would just do a FAD delete.
If i was positive a FAD delete would fix it I'd order the axles today. But i can't find an answer to that question

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Been in a somewhat similar situation with a dealer due to lift and 35s. Who did your regear and did the issue start after the regear? Did you have a tazer/flashcal hooked up to it?
I had a friend who is a master tech mechanic do the regear. It DID start after that. I had the tazer hooked up but it is now removed. The tazer doesn't seem to affect the situation either way.

I replaced the FAD (actuator) last week and it did not solve the problem.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
If i was positive a FAD delete would fix it I'd order the axles today. But i can't find an answer to that question
I would guarantee it, see my first reply to this thread. Everything is fully mechanical besides the FAD. And since your 4wd works when everything is cold for some reason, we know it's not a driveshaft or axle shaft that is broken. It is just the FAD refusing to lock the shafts together for whatever reason. So your options are to keep replacing stuff until the FAD works again, or get rid of the FAD.

Sponsored

Boogerburns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I had a friend who is a master tech mechanic do the regear. It DID start after that. I had the tazer hooked up but it is now removed. The tazer doesn't seem to affect the situation either way.

Does your master tech mechanic friend have an OBDII scanner that will talk to the individual computer modules? If so, he might be able to look at them real time, and see what the computers are doing to see where the actual problem lies, just a thought.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I have a well-documented long history of fruatrations with the local Walla Walla CDJR dealership over the past year specifically and ONLY due to incompetence regarding RECALL work that they have f'ed up so many times.
I had finally had enough and spoke directly with the owner of the dealership. He introduced himself and proceeded to ask me only one upfront question. He asked, "So what wheel or suspension mods have you done." I had only introduced myself and told him that I was unhappy. He knew NOTHING about my JL or what I was unhappy about. His first and only question was in hopes of blaming whatever I was displeased with on any mods I had done and of not having to deal with me at all. I refused to answer his question and responded by telling him that even if I had an 8" lift and 40s it would have nothing to do with getting 6 quarts of oil, having my recall steering damper put on backwards or leaving me without a vehicle for 48hrs TWICE because they lied and said they had the recall track bar in stock.
I don't have a lot of confidence that I will get any help if/when I add a lift, even if I order it through them and have them install it...

Good luck to you though and keep us posted. It is frustrating that a company that sells all of these factory mods andspends millions on commercials depicting their vehicles climbing up waterfalls and wading theough rivers turns their back when we do exactly that or even less.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Absurd that the dealer kept it for 19 days. Pretty impressive that you dropped off the jeep at the dealer for front axle issues caused by your friend trying to regear it with tazer hooked up and full belly skids riding on 37s. The only thing missing is beadlocks and a supercharger.:CWL:

In all seriousness, @chevymitchell wrote the tutorial on regearing on this site. If anybody can help, it would likely be him. Great guy.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Comes down to integrity, it’s getting harder and harder to find but when you do the right thing over and over again, good fortune finds you.

Brett
Fully agree and thank goodness there are a few like yourself who still have it!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After 24 days of being in the shop, FCA decided to cancel my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff". Now i can't tell you exactly what aftermarket stuff, but definitely some of it. The 37" tires were mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure what else.

The problem is that my front axle won't engage when i put it in 4WD after the jeep gets warm; so cold it will engage fine...drive it for 20 mins and it won't engage. I can even put it in 2L, probably the only JL on the planet that can perform that trick.

After 24 days of Jeep jerking me around i brought the Jeep to them malfunctioning and it was throwing 2 codes, P215C and P1DB6. These are I believe "Sector shaft speed correlation" and "vehicle speed signal performance".

These codes are linked to five sensors on the Jeep, the ABS sensors at each wheel and the sector speed shaft. I am bringing it into Toyota this morning to see if they can fix it. Whether this issue is caused by "aftermarket stuff" or not is TBD, but the service I've gotten from Jeep is the worst I've ever experienced. 24 days for 2 codes and probably the laziest group of people I've ever met. I caught them lying to me several times when they say they worked on my Jeep and didn't.
Hey dude, if you want drive it down, I think I’ve got the tools to fix it ...
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff" 69F329A4-E32D-4ABA-8BC1-B023E0B1C366

..........:)...... good luck getting it resolved brother.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Well, we learned that when the 4WD is not functioning the front drive shaft is turning but the FAD (just replaced) is not engaging. So here's the plan as of 1600 hours. We're going to change the ABS sensors because they're cheap and easy and maybe that will work. If that doesn't fix it we'll change the speed sensor on the T-case. And if that doesn't work we'll pull the axles and replace with a 1-piece RCVand delete the FAD with the Tazer. That is obviously the most expensive option, but with Jeeps every break is an opportunity. I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hey dude, if you want drive it down, I think I’ve got the tools to fix it ...
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff" 69F329A4-E32D-4ABA-8BC1-B023E0B1C366

..........:)...... good luck getting it resolved brother.
Sounds to me that the Master Mechanic isn't so masterful or could solve the problem. As you read through the entire thread, the OP drops information as he goes....what else are we missing? Sounds like some cobbed up accessorizing to me.

Personally if people are so pissed off at their dealer and FCA, why do they bother to buy another product? 80% of the whiners on here should never buy another Jeep product....period. First the FOB is too big (could have seen that on the test drive if that was so important), scratches and other shit on the finish discovered after bringing it home (vision impairment at the dealer?), etc. , etc. Take some responsibility for your own actions and potential results.

I wonder why Jeep engineers their products for 33" tires and not 37's? Go look at the other sites for the TACO and see the same warranty declinations.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a lawyer yet or trying to invoke the Lemon Law because we also have a bunch of real legal analysts here also.

Does anyone ever bother to get the other side of the story from the other side?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Sounds to me that the Master Mechanic isn't so masterful or could solve the problem. As you read through the entire thread, the OP drops information as he goes....what else are we missing? Sounds like some cobbed up accessorizing to me.

Personally if people are so pissed off at their dealer and FCA, why do they bother to buy another product? 80% of the whiners on here should never buy another Jeep product....period. First the FOB is too big (could have seen that on the test drive if that was so important), scratches and other shit on the finish discovered after bringing it home (vision impairment at the dealer?), etc. , etc. Take some responsibility for your own actions and potential results.

I wonder why Jeep engineers their products for 33" tires and not 37's? Go look at the other sites for the TACO and see the same warranty declinations.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a lawyer yet or trying to invoke the Lemon Law because we also have a bunch of real legal analysts here also.

Are you hangry?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Hey dude, why are you replying to my post with your rant? I offered a viable solution! ..:mad:........here’s a snickers.......... better?

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

You don't know what you're talking about and you're clearly unbalanced.
Sponsored