Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
After 24 days of being in the shop, FCA decided to cancel my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff". Now i can't tell you exactly what aftermarket stuff, but definitely some of it. The 37" tires were mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure what else.

The problem is that my front axle won't engage when i put it in 4WD after the jeep gets warm; so cold it will engage fine...drive it for 20 mins and it won't engage. I can even put it in 2L, probably the only JL on the planet that can perform that trick.

After 24 days of Jeep jerking me around i brought the Jeep to them malfunctioning and it was throwing 2 codes, P215C and P1DB6. These are I believe "Sector shaft speed correlation" and "vehicle speed signal performance".

These codes are linked to five sensors on the Jeep, the ABS sensors at each wheel and the sector speed shaft. I am bringing it into Toyota this morning to see if they can fix it. Whether this issue is caused by "aftermarket stuff" or not is TBD, but the service I've gotten from Jeep is the worst I've ever experienced. 24 days for 2 codes and probably the laziest group of people I've ever met. I caught them lying to me several times when they say they worked on my Jeep and didn't.
Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Did FCA cancel it or was it the dealer that simply refused to work on it any further?

I would try another Jeep dealer. Also, as far as I can know, they can't simply cancel a warranty, they have to prove your mods did the damage and then only that part will not be covered, your warranty is still valid for other stuff.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Try a different dealer. That’s horrible they had it for 24 days. Check their lot, if they built any for sale you can challenge their integrity. However, best bet is to just find a dealership that is honest

Brett

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
However, If your running 37s, I wouldn't hold my breath for drivetrain warranty. Sure it mostly handles them just fine, but it's not FCAs fault if it had a mechanical failure because of the added stress of your big tires.
If there is a sensor glitching, then that is FCAs fault. I would look for another dealer as suggested here. When you go, approach the service manager nicely. Let them know the issue, and allow them to do their job. If you come in upset and frustrated, you aren't going to get much help from the new dealer either

Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Odd since when I bought my Jeep over a year ago, the dealer had a new one on their showroom floor with $20k in overpriced aftermarket upgrades including 37s. I'd like to see that dealership void warranty later when they sold a Wrangler they had customized.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Did FCA cancel it or was it the dealer that simply refused to work on it any further?

I would try another Jeep dealer. Also, as far as I can know, they can't simply cancel a warranty, they have to prove your mods did the damage and then only that part will not be covered, your warranty is still valid for other stuff.
The dealership said they got this from FCA, but i have been unable to reach them yet. All the Jeep dealerships around me are owned by the same company (Step One Auto), that's why i brought it to Toyota.

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
However, If your running 37s, I wouldn't hold my breath for drivetrain warranty. Sure it mostly handles them just fine, but it's not FCAs fault if it had a mechanical failure because of the added stress of your big tires.
If there is a sensor glitching, then that is FCAs fault. I would look for another dealer as suggested here. When you go, approach the service manager nicely. Let them know the issue, and allow them to do their job. If you come in upset and frustrated, you aren't going to get much help from the new dealer either
It's definitely not a mechanical issue. It works sometimes but not others, and the error codes indicate a sensor issue.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
how many miles on the Jeep, which model/axles, and how many of those miles with the 37s?
Sponsored