Sponsored

FCA / Jeep Corporate is HORRIBLE. (Pray you don't have a serious problem)**update page 5**

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
You really want those same guys doing an engine swap?
X2, doubt I would feel too confident w/ that place to do an engine R&R if they binked on just a water pump :(
Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I realize that I am in the .000001% of Jeep owners, but I actually had a decent experience with FCA/Stellantis when my JLR 2.0L caught fire. My story here.

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
I realize that I am in the .000001% of Jeep owners, but I actually had a decent experience with FCA/Stellantis when my JLR 2.0L caught fire. My story here.
I know there's good case managers because I talked to one yesterday, unfortunately he wasn't ours. I'm just the lucky guy that's had three and none of them have gotten back to us. Today is 74 and I'm paying for a vehicle that I have no idea when I'm getting back.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I know there's good case managers because I talked to one yesterday, unfortunately he wasn't ours. I'm just the lucky guy that's had three and none of them have gotten back to us. Today is 74 and I'm paying for a vehicle that I have no idea when I'm getting back.
Sorry to hear about your jeep, just so you know from other people experience that were posted on the forum, I would suggest getting an attorney involved, as obviously this isnā€™t a jeep company issue but a dealership issue since they are at fault for Fā€™inn up a repair job / recall the first thing I would do is call them and inform them to have your vehicle ready to be picked up by a towing company! In the meantime start looking or get suggestions from local close to you member on recommendations for a solid dealer service department to go to, youā€™ll basically be filing a suit against your current dealer for repair cost and expenses you incurred like car payment etc over this time, I personally wouldnā€™t want this place touching my jeep if they canā€™t even do a water pump job correctly.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
X2, doubt I would feel too confident w/ that place to do an engine R&R if they binked on just a water pump :(
The bs jobs are given to the newbies. The guy that went and picked up the jeep, or the guy that tightened a bolt, is not the guy that will be doing an engine swap. A master tech will be assigned to that job. Whole different ball game.

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
I'd never take it back again and would have already talked to a lawyer specializing in this.

Unless there is no way around it mine will never see a dealer service shop.

Last edited:

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Bummer that this particular dealership is so bad. Unfortunately Jeep can't force the dealer to do anything because they don't own the dealership and it is the dealership's fault.

I am definitely not a lawyer. If the dealership is actively trying to source a replacement engine and it is taking a while, I'm not sure that is actionable in court other than getting a rental car for the duration the Jeep is in the shop as that is all that you are technically out. If the dealership is acting in good faith and making you whole by providing a rental car and fixing your Jeep you may be stuck paying for a lawyer for nothing. It is similar to if someone rear-ends my Jeep and replacement bumpers are hard to find as long as they provide me with a rental car and are actively repairing my vehicle I'm not really out anything.

Best of luck, I hope that when a new engine is sourced they will hopefully put their best technician on replacing it. I would go over it thoroughly and probably have a mechanic look over it after the work is completed.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
The bs jobs are given to the newbies. The guy that went and picked up the jeep, or the guy that tightened a bolt, is not the guy that will be doing an engine swap. A master tech will be assigned to that job. Whole different ball game.
Yes I agree with the person doing the engine swap is not the same tech, but guess what happens when the master tech is done with the major job of engine swapā€¦ itā€™s that same BS job guy that finishes to put all the small things back together šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø the master tech will be moving on to the next job! Itā€™s cost savings, the dealer isnā€™t not going to pay more hours to the highest paid tech to reassemble small components around the engine when the dude that does oil changes or is a helper gets paid a fraction of the cost! Remember this is most likely NOT warranty work so dealer is going to eat the cost!!

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I've been hesitant with lawyers on mine, too. They can be a pretty major up-front expense without guaranteed return.

I wouldn't trust this dealer's work anymore either. If the trouble is sourcing an engine, maybe they can work to get you a comparable new Jeep? Maybe a strongly-worded letter from a lawyer may help push things along? (hire a lawyer to write the initial letter for a one-time fee for this?)

People always suggest harassing the dealer daily or sitting in their showroom until your get a satisfactory outcome, but that is never realistic. They can also just ignore you. After the first hour, do you think they really care you're there? Do you feel like your time is worthless enough to spend it doing piddly shit that maybe annoys a few people? The dealership is private property, and if they really want to, they can have you legally trespassed from the property.

Do you have contact for the dealership's insurance company? Would a call to your insurance company, explaining the issue, give you anymore insight or ideas about solutions to explore? Call or stop in another Jeep dealer and inquire about replacement engine time and cost?

Sucks that this has to put all the impetus on you to make yourself right. I've invested many dozens of hours and hundreds of miles between my house and dealerships trying to get my Jeep fixed appropriately, and it still isn't done. Jeep Cares can't force the dealership to be better or do anything, but they are helpful in getting parts expedited if that's the hold up.

Empathetic to your ordeal. Hopefully you get some movement or at least info soon.

Sponsored

akabonanza

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
It looks to me that dealership is responsible but as you may know the dealership is going to say it Jeeps problem. You will just be going in circles for a long time. Try to find out what actually failed with out that you will hopefully have a direction.
good luck

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
The wife's JL engine blow up November 1 after the dealership did work on it for the water pump TSB. Actually it was the dealership that ruined the engine driving it. Today is day 73 and I cant get a call back from Jeep Corp. We are on our 3rd case manager because they are either quitting or being fired? I've asked to speak to upper management two dozen times and we have never got a call back. THIS is a new JL less then a year old and not my only Jeep, I also own a 2020 Gladiator. Everything to this point from Jeep and the dealership has basically been a lie. The two weeks they said it would be is now turning into three months. No one talks about how bad Jeep is there's a problem. Just hope that the new Jeep your driving doesn't have a serious problem.
I pray for this every single day. $50,000 vehicle, and if the insurance company finds out what I've done to it, they won't give me a freaking penny. As it is I'm reluctant to bring in the Wrangler to the dealership for the last free oil change. I feel like they're going to take one look at my Jeep and be like "VOID ALL WARRANTIES!!!" All of my mods have been in places that shouldn't void any important warranties, like Engine/drivetrain, or suspension warranties.

But yeah I'm thankful right now, that my Wrangler isn't costing me a pretty penny. I've been really lucky so far and I think about it honestly almost every day.

I don't know if it would be in your favor, but you could always contact your insurance, tell them what happened and give them the address and the name of the dealership, they will send it over to their investigation team who will contact the dealerships insurance and do their own investigation. It might benefit you, because the insurance companies will figure out a solution even if the dealership is trying to ignore you.

I got into an accident a good number of years ago like two cars ago, dude didn't have his insurance on him. So he gave me his name and address and I took a photo of his driver's license. I called my insurance and they figured out who his insurance was, and he ended up getting all of his damage taken care of by my insurance. My car barely had a scratch, like not even a dent, barely any metal exposed. But the whole side of his 2-year-old car was completely dented in. I'm talking front fender All the way to the rear quarter panel. It was kind of a rare scenario, and he was super cool, and I had his address so I sent him and his wife a fruit basket and a candle. Not something I've ever done before, but it was kind of cool in the end.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a small amount of coolant on the floor in the garage, had it flat bedded to the dealership where it was purchased. Was informed that it was the water pump bolts and the tech removed/replaced and added Loctite. Picked it up the next day, dove roughly 8 miles and got lights on the dash. Called the dealership on the side of the road and they sent a tech that added a gallon of coolant. He had me follow him back in the dealers vehicle which he made it about 5 miles to a red light where I watched the engine at that point just dump everything on the road. He continued the next 3 miles to the dealer at that time the Jeep looked like it was going to burst in to flames it was smoking so bad. Before this it never over heated or had any lights on the dash.
Hmmm...the whole thing sounds very familiar.

At 4,000 miles the 1.4T Fiat engine in my 2018 124 Spider starts dripping coolant on my garage floor. Take it in; thereā€™s a TSB. The dealer replaces the water pump under warranty. One hundred and fifty miles later, at 5,200 feet in elevation, the Fiat spills much of its coolant on the side the road. Iā€™m 100 miles from the nearest dealer. I manage to drive home without frying the engine. Call the dealer and they send a flatbed truck. Turns out they had seated the water pump improperly. They fix it one more time and apologize for the screw up.
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA / Jeep Corporate is HORRIBLE. (Pray you don't have a serious problem)**update page 5** 3C683C32-E5A3-45D3-AECB-872257D8E8B7

In my case, I am lucky to make it home with no permanent damage to the engine. Perhaps because the car weighs as much as a fart.

But there appears to be something going on with those Fiat water pumps...
Sponsored

Last edited: