Sponsored

FCA Extended Warranty near Vancouver BC

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
I'm interested in getting the FCA Extended Warranty Plan 415 (5yr/100,000 km) and sent out a lot of emails.
I received several quotes varying from $1545 to $3795. I set up an appointment with the $1545 offer and will report how it goes. $1545 seems really good deal to me.
Sponsored

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
Is the 5 year the one most are settling on? I want to keep this jeep for life and I’m looking for resources on how Canadians are making the warranty decision. If it is even any different for us than USA?

Mattius1337

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S(JL)
Langley here. I got my 7 year, 120,000km warranty for 2200 at time of purchase. their guide said to charge 4500.

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the 5 year the one most are settling on? I want to keep this jeep for life and I’m looking for resources on how Canadians are making the warranty decision. If it is even any different for us than USA?
I might be wrong, but don't think there is FCA life time warranty in Canada.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the FCA plan 415 for $1545+GST today. It took less than 10 minutes and the guy was super easy to deal with. I'm not sure if I can post it here so PM me if you are interested. I'll ask him if he can get you the same deal.

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
I got the FCA plan 415 for $1545+GST today. It took less than 10 minutes and the guy was super easy to deal with. I'm not sure if I can post it here so PM me if you are interested. I'll ask him if he can get you the same deal.
Is there any good threads or resources for us Canadians? Its not often I buy warranty and I want to research before I buy. Usually someone has it all figured out if it’s worth buying or not, or if I can wait a bit after I buy it.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
Does this warranty have any requirements as to where maintenance work is performed? Are still able to perform maintenance work yourself?

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any good threads or resources for us Canadians? Its not often I buy warranty and I want to research before I buy. Usually someone has it all figured out if it’s worth buying or not, or if I can wait a bit after I buy it.
FCA used to have a PDF file of extended warranty they offer but the link doesn't work anymore.

The FCA extended warranty has three types: extended powertrain, gold and gold plus.
Here's a dealership website I found on extended warranty.
https://www.ottawachryslerjeep.com/service-contract-gold.htm

Warranty is like the optional ICBC insurance. You don't need 3 million third party liability to drive a car on the street but will help you when you hit a lawyer and neurosurgeon in an accident at the same time.

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this warranty have any requirements as to where maintenance work is performed? Are still able to perform maintenance work yourself?
It's simply extending the factory warranty and has same requirements. Third party warranties often have sketchy terms and conditions.

Sponsored

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
Thanks for the info - how long after purchase do you have to buy an extended warranty? Cheers

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info - how long after purchase do you have to buy an extended warranty? Cheers
FCA extended warranty? before the factory warranty expires. Third party extended warranty? depends on the product.
In both cases, the cost increases as your car ages.

Last edited:

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I’m interested in if you can take your jeep to a 3rd party/non-dealer mechanic for service and be covered under warranty....

Tdymond

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLRU
Langley here. I got my 7 year, 120,000km warranty for 2200 at time of purchase. their guide said to charge 4500.
Where did you get this at? Wondering if there is a way to purchase through them without going into the dealer in person. I’m in Ontario

Mattius1337

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S(JL)
Where did you get this at? Wondering if there is a way to purchase through them without going into the dealer in person. I’m in Ontario
I got it at the dealer I purchased at, day of. Langley Chrysler.
Sponsored