Sponsored

FCA Employee Pricing discount now available on Wrangler. Combining with other discounts/incentives.

Myka L

First Name
Myka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It looks like Jeep is now increasing the discount in employee pricing for all, or else it’s just a new advertising blitz.

Does anyone know if this can be combined with Treadwell and/or a $500 coupon I got in the mail from Jeep?

Article: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-ar...mployee-pricing-0-apr-on-wranglers-gladiators

Jeep Offering Employee Pricing, 0% APR On Wranglers & Gladiators

This morning, Jeep introduced an Employee Pricing deal for the first time on two of its most popular vehicles, the 2020 Wrangler and Gladiator. This comes as an alternative to 0% APR financing announced earlier this month. However, our analysis finds that there are some important things worth knowing about.

First, FCA Employee Pricing equates to 5% less than the dealer's invoice plus a $200 fee. The offer can reduce the price of a 4-door Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition from $38,645 to $35,296 before destination, a $3,349 discount. In the case of a Gladiator Overland Edition, the offer can result in nearly $3,500 in savings.

But is this really a good deal? That depends.

Just last month, Wranglers were eligible for Friends & Family Pricing equal to 1% less than the invoice price plus a $75 fee. From that standpoint, the latest offer is an improvement. No other Jeeps are eligible, which happens to basically be the opposite of what we found late last year with a similar offer for Black Friday.

While Jeep is now advertising over $5,000 off both vehicles, a closer look reveals the figure is based on the "average MSRP" of high-end trims based on survey data. Those looking to finance through Chrysler Capital will be eligible for no payments for 90 days as part of a broader move to help consumers amid COVID-19.

Having said all that, dealer discounts of up to $10,000 have become increasingly common on Wranglers. Although Employee Pricing is completely new for the Gladiator, the model has benefited from some extreme dealer discounting in recent months with up to $9,000 off MSRP in some parts of the country.

According to dealer incentive bulletins, there are a number of catches that could leave you disappointed if you aren't careful.

For example, Employee Pricing is available when buying but not when leasing. The offer also excludes range-topping Rubicon styles, as well as the new Gladiator Mojave Edition. Although Jeep is now offering 0% APR for 36 months on all versions of both models, it can't be combined with Employee Pricing.

So is now the time to buy?

While big discounts aren't unusual for either vehicle, we've never seen 0% APR before this month on both models. However, a 36-month term makes for a lackluster option compared to offers on other FCA models like 0% APR for 84 months. Those looking to lease, or buy a Rubicon, will likely see no advantage in April.

Offers end April 30.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

upstateJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
I've heard that employee pricing should allow for other incentives to be stacked with it i.e. lease cash, direct mailer coupons, etc. Truthfully it wouldn't make sense for it not to. The hard part will be getting dealers to offer employee pricing + incentives + any dealer discount. They will insist that they cannot offer any discount on top of the employee pricing which is false. Neither the employee pricing or incentives come out of their pocket.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I just bought yesterday, and I wouldn't worry about how the coupons, rebates, cashback incentives, etc work. Let the dealer figure that out. Go in with a number you are willing to purchase "out the door". You aren't going to get it for half price, and you aren't going to pay MSRP, so there is a lot of room in there. If you have a trade in, again, take that into account in your out the door price. Different dealers will work the numbers and apply either on your trade-in or the price of the Jeep.

I was able to negotiate 15% below MSRP, and still received a fair price for my trade, which is where they were going to make their money.

Again, its always what you are comfortable paying "out the door", don't calculate things based on various rebates. The dealer will apply those as necessary to get you into the Jeep at the price you are comfortable with.

If they let you walk away, and if you were anywhere in the reasonable offer range they will not, it means they flat out would be losing money, and they aren't in that business. So be willing to play that card, I did and you usually end up in the mid-upper range of what you are comfortable with after starting low.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I just bought yesterday, and I wouldn't worry about how the coupons, rebates, cashback incentives, etc work. Let the dealer figure that out. Go in with a number you are willing to purchase "out the door". You aren't going to get it for half price, and you aren't going to pay MSRP, so there is a lot of room in there. If you have a trade in, again, take that into account in your out the door price. Different dealers will work the numbers and apply either on your trade-in or the price of the Jeep.

I was able to negotiate 15% below MSRP, and still received a fair price for my trade, which is where they were going to make their money.

Again, its always what you are comfortable paying "out the door", don't calculate things based on various rebates. The dealer will apply those as necessary to get you into the Jeep at the price you are comfortable with.

If they let you walk away, and if you were anywhere in the reasonable offer range they will not, it means they flat out would be losing money, and they aren't in that business. So be willing to play that card, I did and you usually end up in the mid-upper range of what you are comfortable with after starting low.
I live north of Detroit and was only getting one percent below invoice with supplier discount here. I called Griswold Jeep in Maryland talk to Julis Green mention I seen on the JL wrangler forum that he will give 7% below invoice plus the 1% supplier or friends and family.

So I got mine for 8 % below
invoice a year ago. I special ordered it and had it sitting at my house 23 days later. Cost $500 for my wife and I to fly out there dealership picked us up at the airport. We had a great experience dealing with Criswell and Jeep and Julis Green in Maryland. So I would call him and see what he can do for you.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm hoping for 84 months, 0% on JTs and JLs, plus employee pricing. Lockdown are extending through May 15, in NYS, all non essential businesses closed.
That's a lot of interest being paid on floor plans, inventory, it has to be moved somehow.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought mine last year the dealer gave me a price below the friends and family price plus Jeep gave me a $500 loyalty coupon plus three $50 Jeep test drive certificates plus a company gave $500 check for buying it. Those were the good days.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone sold or traded in their 2018-19 lately? Is anyone buying? I sold a car to Carvana a few months ago (before quarantine) and tested putting my JLUR in it to see what they'd give. They gave me a great deal on my 2013 Escape but I owe around 36 on my JL and I think they offered 34-35k which was lower than I was hoping for.

I really, really want the Diesel but now I've sold most of my stock Rubi stuff and I also paid the extra 2500-3k for the unlimited warranty...

I went on Penfed to refinance it yesterday and they're only doing 3.74% for cars that are older than 2020..

edit: I see the irony in asking a car forum if anyones sold that car recently.. lol. Probably not the best place to ask.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
When new vehicles are so heavily discounted, used trade ins with be proportionally lower as well. If interest rates are lower on new vs 2 years old, that can make a trade in tougher.
Private sale might be better route, depending on how sales tax is figured on the new vehicle.
I would love a Sport JT, but looking at Trade In isn't inspiring.

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Has anyone sold or traded in their 2018-19 lately? Is anyone buying? I sold a car to Carvana a few months ago (before quarantine) and tested putting my JLUR in it to see what they'd give. They gave me a great deal on my 2013 Escape but I owe around 36 on my JL and I think they offered 34-35k which was lower than I was hoping for.

I really, really want the Diesel but now I've sold most of my stock Rubi stuff and I also paid the extra 2500-3k for the unlimited warranty...

I went on Penfed to refinance it yesterday and they're only doing 3.74% for cars that are older than 2020..

edit: I see the irony in asking a car forum if anyones sold that car recently.. lol. Probably not the best place to ask.
I've got a refund for every extended warranty I've ever purchased if I sold the car while the warranty was still valid in some cases its prorated. Not sure how the lifetime warranty works.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it would have been worth waiting to get my 2020 JLU sport S with tech package. I didn't have any other bells and whistles.

We paid $36,230 plus tax for it but credit union only gave us 4.4% interest as I am still building credit.

Not sure what kind of deals other people are getting but at the time other dealers wouldn't get close to that price. MSRP was $40,730

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick questions regarding Friends and Family pricing what does that work out to % off MSRP???

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Just a quick questions regarding Friends and Family pricing what does that work out to % off MSRP???
I bought mine a year ago from Criswell in Maryland and I live north of Detroit. I only get suppliers discount which is 1% below invoice . I called and talk to Julius Green and told him I seen on JLWRANGLERFORUM that they will give You 7% + 1% below invoice. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Had a great experience.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

The automobile market is uncharted territory now. Personally I feel it will get worse before getting better.

You can get back most of the cost of the extended warranty. It's prorated and there is a small cancelation fee. Just ask for a refund and cash out.

Prime is 0%. It depends on individual credit score but I think rates will drop. There are already 0% x36 months on certain inventory. A 0% deal might even offset less equity in your trade.

Just realized you want a diesel. I doubt the diesel will be 0% now. It's too new, dealers have no diesels on lots, and plant is still shut down. For now anyways.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Not helpful for dealerships that are closed until after Friends and Family/ employee pricing expires

ReggieFred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
D
Not helpful for dealerships that are closed until after Friends and Family/ employee pricing expires
What are you talking about? Dealerships are open everywhere. Jeep has 0 interest for up to 84 months with deferred payments for up to 120 days.
My mom bought a new Subaru Forester yesterday.
Sponsored