1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like its over, just the gov getting their money out of them now.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
FCA hasn't even notified the owners of the issue or of a fix. I've been waiting to get something in the mail from them on our WK2 diesel but not a peep out of them...hoping they offer us some kind of deal to trade it since there is no way they can fix it without affecting performance. Be nice to get a deal like VW owners got!

ckapavik

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Toyota Corolla
FCA hasn't even notified the owners of the issue or of a fix. I've been waiting to get something in the mail from them on our WK2 diesel but not a peep out of them...hoping they offer us some kind of deal to trade it since there is no way they can fix it without affecting performance. Be nice to get a deal like VW owners got!
Yeah we have a ‘14 JGC EcoDiesel and have not heard a peep yet either. Any idea if you can just ignore it and leave it the way it is if there is a performance degradation after the recall update? I mean, if it works OK besides not being certified, can they force you to bring the Jeep in for an update?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Yeah we have a ‘14 JGC EcoDiesel and have not heard a peep yet either. Any idea if you can just ignore it and leave it the way it is if there is a performance degradation after the recall update? I mean, if it works OK besides not being certified, can they force you to bring the Jeep in for an update?
Ours has a GDE tune on it that disables EGR so I know ours would fail the government requirement. It passes the state emissions test, but I'm sure is worse than requirement, and produces a LOT more power and torque than the factory. I'm more worried about what this does to the value of the Jeep when it comes time to trade it. With VW's it seriously hurt their value and they had to compensate owners. The question is will FCA do the same?

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Ours has a GDE tune on it that disables EGR so I know ours would fail the government requirement. It passes the state emissions test, but I'm sure is worse than requirement, and produces a LOT more power and torque than the factory. I'm more worried about what this does to the value of the Jeep when it comes time to trade it. With VW's it seriously hurt their value and they had to compensate owners. The question is will FCA do the same?
Value of a vehicle is determined by how much somebody is willing to pay for it. I would still get a VW tdi knowing how solid they are. Now if they made it impossible for me to register and operate that VW i wouldn't buy it...

FCA issue was not disclosing AEDs to the EPA, if they disclosed them in the first place I'm pretty sure they would not have any issues. FCAs case is completely different from VW's.

Chevy and Ford releasing light duty 6 cyl. diesels without fears, Chevy already has I-4 diesels in many of their vehicles. The market is there... Remember Ford had absolutely no plans to release a diesel option for F-150, they were completely invested in eco-boost, I've seen some hardcore ford and chevy guys go with the ram only because they were the only full size truck to offer that.

No they can not. But your local Gov. might not re-register your vehicle when that time comes around.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
FCA is ditching diesels in cars by 2022. Guessing Jeeps and trucks will retain the option.

ckapavik

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Toyota Corolla
Yeah I saw they were discontinuing too but were going to continue with RAM trucks and commercial vehicles. Not sure where this leaves Jeep. I have already assumed the Wrangler will not get the Ecodiesel even though they confirmed it was coming. I will probably be wrong, but at least then I will be pleasantly surprised if it comes instead of being let down that it is axed.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
The article I read says NA will not be affect, mostly for Europe sales on passenger cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wrangler never gets a Diesel. 2017 rams have been delayed forever, 2018's are non existent. New gen 2019 rams wont have diesel from what I'm seeing.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just saw something on my local news about FCA phasing out Diesels in the next 4 years- if this Diesel Wrangler ever happens it might be a short window to get one

Sponsored

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Not sure why it is dramatic. I have only owned jeeps but if they aren't going to meet my needs I am not going to continue to buy from them. My future requirements include a diesel if they don't offer it, not interested in "plopping" I will simply go elsewhere. Not asking you to come with me so feel free to spend your money on your choice of vehicle.