FCA customer service

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
So, long story short me Jeep has been in the shop for almost 13 weeks. It has a popping noise coming from the from end when you turn. I won’t go into the technical details on what all they tried the point of this is how it was handled by Jeep customer service. I had a star case open on it the entire time. My case manager barley called me or the dealership to update or advise. I called constantly often to get no call back at all. The majority of this time I was driving my own car and opting out of a rental. So finally after all this I ran out of patience and decided to just trade in my Jeep, I called my case manager and asked if I closed out my case with Chrysler without the issue being fixed if I could still get reimbursed for the payments that I’ve made over 3 months while it’s been the the shop. (I’d been told multiple times this was going to happen) I was told yes and given no contingencies. After finding a used vehicle I wanted I called again to confirm and was told yes again and that she would verify weather or not I’d get 2 payments or 3. After no response within the time she said she’d call back (literally the case every time I called during this whole thing.) she said they wouldn’t be doing it at all because I wasn’t trading for a fca vehicle. I asked to talk to a supervisor and contacted @JeepCares and when the supervisor called back they agreed to do the 3 payments full stop no qualifiers, no let me check with this person first nothing. That was yesterday. Today I get another call by the supervisor sayingthat they aren’t actually going to pay me anything. This is the kind of service You get with FCA and I’ll never buy another one.
Sponsored

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler JL
So, long story short me Jeep has been in the shop for almost 13 weeks. It has a popping noise coming from the from end when you turn. I won’t go into the technical details on what all they tried the point of this is how it was handled by Jeep customer service. I had a star case open on it the entire time. My case manager barley called me or the dealership to update or advise. I called constantly often to get no call back at all. The majority of this time I was driving my own car and opting out of a rental. So finally after all this I ran out of patience and decided to just trade in my Jeep, I called my case manager and asked if I closed out my case with Chrysler without the issue being fixed if I could still get reimbursed for the payments that I’ve made over 3 months while it’s been the the shop. (I’d been told multiple times this was going to happen) I was told yes and given no contingencies. After finding a used vehicle I wanted I called again to confirm and was told yes again and that she would verify weather or not I’d get 2 payments or 3. After no response within the time she said she’d call back (literally the case every time I called during this whole thing.) she said they wouldn’t be doing it at all because I wasn’t trading for a fca vehicle. I asked to talk to a supervisor and contacted @JeepCares and when the supervisor called back they agreed to do the 3 payments full stop no qualifiers, no let me check with this person first nothing. That was yesterday. Today I get another call by the supervisor sayingthat they aren’t actually going to pay me anything. This is the kind of service You get with FCA and I’ll never buy another one.

Cant say that im surprised. im currently dealing with a lemon lawyer now because everything about my dream jeep and the experience has sucked so bad... my jeep has less than 3000 miles and i know EXACTLY what your going through. their customer service, EVERYTHING about FCA is not what you'd expect it be. wish i could help or be encouraging, but just know your not the only one. its one thing to have a bunch a problems, i get it, but when they cant even lend a hand and put in some effort besides coming at ya like its your fault is not cool and not the "jeep way" lol i say that loosely... Good luck bro.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
I'm in the same boat. Currently looking for a good lawyer. I brought my 2020 JLUS to 2 different dealers and 2 non-FCA mechanics for excessively loose steering. 3 of the 4 admitted that it was very loose and needed to be fixed. Well... supposedly an FCA engineer came down and test drove the Jeep today (highly doubtful) and said it operates as it should. Funny how the tech that works on Jeeps day in and day out noticed a problem but the engineer managed to override his better judgment. I don't feel safe driving it on the highway and am now taking the legal route. In addition, in the next few weeks I'll be posting videos of how the jeep drives and the play in the steering wheel. I will be reaching out to several websites, media outlets, & PR firms, & social media sites as this is clearly a problem affecting many jeep owners.

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler JL
I'm in the same boat. Currently looking for a good lawyer. I brought my 2020 JLUS to 2 different dealers and 2 non-FCA mechanics for excessively loose steering. 3 of the 4 admitted that it was very loose and needed to be fixed. Well... supposedly an FCA engineer came down and test drove the Jeep today (highly doubtful) and said it operates as it should. Funny how the tech that works on Jeeps day in and day out noticed a problem but the engineer managed to override his better judgment. I don't feel safe driving it on the highway and am now taking the legal route. In addition, in the next few weeks I'll be posting videos of how the jeep drives and the play in the steering wheel. I will be reaching out to several websites, media outlets, & PR firms, & social media sites as this is clearly a problem affecting many jeep owners.

Please do.. steering is a problem for sure. I took mine in today and test drove it with a mechanic. I drove it and believe it or not, my damn rig drove somewhat decent. I put more air in the tires so not sure if that made a difference. but none the less, it wasnt enough to warrant a stay. its my wifes daily and she really wants to love it but it is sketch on the highway. The tech said that the jls are new to the electronic steering and it could have something to with it electronically. Im just going to keep taking it back until they just do something about it. before that, i had issues with the RMS leak.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
FCA's customer support may have some deep roots in the old country:

My Dad told the story of a rich man in the area who bought a Ferrari. I want to take a guess this was in the 40's or '30s. Anyway, the owner wrote to Ferrari in Italy and said, "Every time it rains, my car runs poorly. I paid a lot of money for this car and I think you should do something about it!" The reply, apparently from Ferrari himself, was, "Anyone who can afford one of my cars can afford a garage!" Italian customer support hasn't changed much, it would seem.

Rutterbg

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
If you haven't already, absolutely do NOT trade in your Jeep. If you are truly at 13+ weeks in the shop for warranty work, then you HAVE to have met lemon law requirements in your state. I would request a full buy back. If they refuse, hire a well known lemon law attorney and fight it. You won't lose. Guarantee it. I'm currently fighting jeep right now. I just met with a news outlet that runs in 24 different markets and they are going to run a story for me on the weld issues. They key is to not give up and don't give in to Jeep's crap.
Sponsored