Sponsored

Favorite Options

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
Looking for opinions on some options for a JLU Sport S. I have some options I am definitely getting some things, but curious about opinions on the following:

LED headlights
Alpine sound system
Limited Slip diffs
Safety Group (blind spot)

Also Altitude package....seems like a decent deal to get some appearance upgrades, slightly bigger wheels, wider tires, headliner and hardtop.

thanks!
Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Premium Soft Top

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
LED headlights hands down of the ones you’ve mentioned. The LEDs on the Wrangler are fantastic. Halogens - decidedly less so.

Sponsored

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For me, it is active safety group. I love adaptive cruise. LED's are great too

FYI - If you remove the doors, blind spot and cross path doesn't work.

OP
OP
twentysevenalpha
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
Premium Soft Top
Definitely considering this. Would you recommend just doing dual top? I think I would definitely do the soft top in the warm days, hard top in the winter (We're in MD so we get a little snow every year, and occasionally I need to travel in bad snow)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Definitely considering this. Would you recommend just doing dual top? I think I would definitely do the soft top in the warm days, hard top in the winter (We're in MD so we get a little snow every year, and occasionally I need to travel in bad snow)
I would say for snow you might want the hard top, but after having the premium softtop for a few months now I don't care for or want a hard top. When I was shopping for my Jeep I was on the fence about dual top, but I find that the soft top is quiet enough (its a Jeep), insulated enough, and it is so dead simple to get your top down. You can get to sunrider position in 30 seconds and you don't have to store anything. If you get the mopar bag you can take your panels out and store them in about 5 minutes. Starts raining? You don't even have to put the window panels back in. I have driven in safari mode with the doors off and it was POURING and the inside of the Jeep was bone dry.

Awesam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
You have to get Proximity locks coz it is a pain/almost impossible to add after unlike other stuffs.

Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
LED headlights and the LSD are great choices.
You'll not be unhappy with either of them.
Definitely worth the price on those two.

OP
OP
twentysevenalpha
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
I would say for snow you might want the hard top, but after having the premium softtop for a few months now I don't care for or want a hard top. When I was shopping for my Jeep I was on the fence about dual top, but I find that the soft top is quiet enough (its a Jeep), insulated enough, and it is so dead simple to get your top down. You can get to sunrider position in 30 seconds and you don't have to store anything. If you get the mopar bag you can take your panels out and store them in about 5 minutes. Starts raining? You don't even have to put the window panels back in. I have driven in safari mode with the doors off and it was POURING and the inside of the Jeep was bone dry.
Great, thanks for that advice. For the snow, it's more of seeing out the back with the wiper and defroster while driving than heat and quiet. I have a garage and parking garage at work, so not particularly worried about snow accumulating on top.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I live in NOVA, so similar to you. The hard top trap is that because of the (relative) difficulty of removal and storage, lots of people never take it off. I find the premium soft top to be plenty warm and quiet enough 95% of the time. The 5% of the time where I would really prefer a hard top doesn't justify the expense or hassle of removal/storage. YMMV.

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
I'd Suggest:

1. Proximity Locks
2. Rear Limited Slip Diff
3. Trailer Tow
4. Prem Soft Top

And perhaps the Alpine Sound System. It does sound great, the back camera view is awesome, just kinda $$$$. But I'm glad I bought it.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Looking for opinions on some options for a JLU Sport S. I have some options I am definitely getting some things, but curious about opinions on the following:

LED headlights
Alpine sound system
Limited Slip diffs
Safety Group (blind spot)

Also Altitude package....seems like a decent deal to get some appearance upgrades, slightly bigger wheels, wider tires, headliner and hardtop.

thanks!
While my favorite accessory so far (and relevant, I'm a Dual Top Owner) is my Bestop Sunrider--because it lets me extend the open top season well into Fall and begin it in earlier Spring, Mike, I/we could answer this question better if I knew more about what you want to do with the rig.

To point: someone could tell you that the trailer hitch option from the factory with the larger alternator, etc., is *to them* the greatest---while you may never pull anything with your rig.

:)
Sponsored