Favorite lift/tire combo?

T_Willys

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
2019 Sahara unlimited with 2.0L, currently running 33 KO2s and stock suspension, evaluating best options for lift and eventually tires: so far I’ve been recommended the mopar 2” and the teraflex 2.5” lift. Would like to go to 35s eventually but not yet. This is a daily driver but would like to eventually run moderate (blue) trails comfortably.

thoughts?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar has a tendency to give a lot more than advertised lift height.

I really liked the everyday ride and handling of the Dynatrac Endurosport true 2" lift. It also looks great with 35's. Ionly pulled it more recently because i needed more height for 38's. Check out some pics and comments in the Dynatrac Endurosport on Sport thread in the suspension subforum. Great pics of that lift on both 33's and 35's.

OP
OP

T_Willys

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The Mopar has a tendency to give a lot more than advertised lift height.

I really liked the everyday ride and handling of the Dynatrac Endurosport true 2" lift. It also looks great with 35's. Ionly pulled it more recently because i needed more height for 38's. Check out some pics and comments in the Dynatrac Endurosport on Sport thread in the suspension subforum. Great pics of that lift on both 33's and 35's.
Have you added anything to the original kit? Track bar, control arms etc

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you added anything to the original kit? Track bar, control arms etc
Yes, I replaced every arm and linkage in both the steering and suspension systems. Also added track bar reinforcements front and rear. I'm a firm believer that once you add the stresses that come with larger tires and higher lift, things need to be beefed up to handle it. I'm also building mine up for crawling and carrying speed on the bumpy trails in between obstacles, while still serving as my daily driver.

I liked the fact that Dynatrac worked with Fox to end up with a set of 2.0 shocks that were custom tuned to Dynatracs springs. It's purpose built for an improved ride and handling for daily driving and still enhancing off road capability.

I think, regardless of which lift you choose, its a good move to at least upgrade to a pair of adjustable front lower control arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, and a rear axle end track bar relocation bracket. Those will help to build a solid foundation to support the lift and larger tires. You can also add more upgrades over time, which will keep improving the ride as you go.

Reactions: 31R

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Yes, I replaced every arm and linkage in both the steering and suspension systems. Also added track bar reinforcements front and rear. I'm a firm believer that once you add the stresses that come with larger tires and higher lift, things need to be beefed up to handle it. I'm also building mine up for crawling and carrying speed on the bumpy trails in between obstacles, while still serving as my daily driver.

I liked the fact that Dynatrac worked with Fox to end up with a set of 2.0 shocks that were custom tuned to Dynatracs springs. It's purpose built for an improved ride and handling for daily driving and still enhancing off road capability.

I think, regardless of which lift you choose, its a good move to at least upgrade to a pair of adjustable front lower control arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, and a rear axle end track bar relocation bracket. Those will help to build a solid foundation to support the lift and larger tires. You can also add more upgrades over time, which will keep improving the ride as you go.
I'm about to toss an RK flex 2.5" lift and some fox 2.0s on my JLR and some 37s, likely Patagonias. You think the stock tierod and drag link are okay for awhile? I do wheel it and plan on hitting some badge trails out here in socal before winter hits. Just need to seriously recover from the wheels+tires+lift+tire carrier financial burn before I can think about another $750 on steering.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to toss an RK flex 2.5" lift and some fox 2.0s on my JLR and some 37s, likely Patagonias. You think the stock tierod and drag link are okay for awhile? I do wheel it and plan on hitting some badge trails out here in socal before winter hits. Just need to seriously recover from the wheels+tires+lift+tire carrier financial burn before I can think about another $750 on steering.
Nothing at all wrong with letting the wallet heal back up and start talking to you again. Lol

Don't forget to post some pics of your ride. Especially some before and after mod shots in that thread in the show and tell section.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite DD combo is 2" true lift + 35, no dramatic change to geometry, easy on your walllet, more smile per gallon.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
My favorite DD combo is 2" true lift + 35, no dramatic change to geometry, easy on your walllet, more smile per gallon.
Totally 100% agree. Here's my Sport S from stock, to completely standard Mopar Lift and then 35's on 17x9" wheels.

This is my DD and take it wheeling (even on difficult trails) with open diffs without issue.

I'd highly recommend this setup. Been working great for me.

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg

IMG_20200801_200145.jpg

IMG_20200729_121025.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
how do you like it so far? i hear positive things about mopar in person but often hear criticisms on the forums
Great so far. I had the shop install a front adjustable trackbar and upgraded to the mopar steering stabilizer at the time of the lift install.
Sponsored