Sponsored

Favorite cleaning products for your JL

Darkcanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Ok sound off on your most tried and true cleaning products as well as on going protection for your Jeep. Fill in one or all of the categories below plus any misc tips you have to share to keep your new JL looking new forever. Feel free to add any other items I may have missed....

Wax

Interior plastic cleaner

Interior leather cleaner

Tires cleaner

Cleaning tools (chamois, bug removers etc...)

Misc tip
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I use a multitude of Meguair products.

Gold Class Wash followed by chamois dry
Ultimate Quik Deatailer
Interior Deatailer
Invisable Glass ( Interior )
Invisable Glass w/ Rain x ( Exterior )

I wash it once a week regardless of what the weather is doing unless it’s been raining all week, I will treat my Jeep like other vehicles and once a year I will claybar the whole thing and apply a good wax then just use detail wax once a week.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
303 protectant excellent (as mentioned), even if I think it more something that allows you to protect (avoid cleaning a soft top) than cleaning one.

I like those microfiber wands for the interior windows. The rig's interior plastic off gasses and can cloud the windows up, like pretty much any vehcile.

I have cloth seats. I like 3M's car fabric protector for the seats. Again, not so much a cleaner as a protector.

Armor All has its place: it does NOT include a soft top.

I like Plexus for Soft Windows. Soft top or hard I think you should buy MOPAR matching touch up paint, and if you have a hard top and it's black, the black paint for that.

The appropriate paint for the hard top is on other threads. Say so if you need the link.

The paint for your rig I think is on the door jam of the driver's door.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
I have become a big fan of the Turtle Wax Ice products especially the spray wax. I spritz a bit on and wipe it down with a microfiber while I am doing the final drying. Best of all, it is safe for your trim and actually can be sprayed directly on it to shine and protect it too!

Sponsored

ChicagoShoop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Chemical Guys have a great line of stuff that I have used on my Grand Cherokee for a while now. Also love 303.

JHowell74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I've been using 303 on the plastic and soft top, but turtle wax ice claims to have UV protection. Just wondering if it protects as well as 303? Not sure how well ice detailer would work on soft top though.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Anyone else use the Ultimate Show Glow retailer spray? I saw that one you tube video with the guy who has the Ocean Blue Sahara. It looks good but just wanted to see if there was more feedback?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
If you don’t have a pressurized sprayer for all of the gaps in the bodywork then you’re making your life unnecessarily hard. Using just water can blast out any grit along the fenders and bumpers and it makes short work of wheels too. All without having to put your top back on or even getting out your hose. Mandatory for touching up between full washings and detailing.

711B3214-DE77-438D-98B0-38E5E4D3CB3C.jpeg

OP
OP
Darkcanuck

Darkcanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
If you don’t have a pressurized sprayer for all of the gaps in the bodywork then you’re making your life unnecessarily hard. Using just water can blast out any grit along the fenders and bumpers and it makes short work of wheels too. All without having to put your top back on or even getting out your hose. Mandatory for touching up between full washings and detailing.

711B3214-DE77-438D-98B0-38E5E4D3CB3C.jpeg
That's cool!

Sponsored

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
This is the best wax I've used.