Sponsored

Favorite 35/37" AT/Hybrid tire for daily driver/wknd warrior?

Favorite 35/37" tire for a daily driver/wknd warrior?

• Total voters

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I'm considering making the jump from 35 to 37 and curious to get feedback from daily driver's/wknd warriors with 35/37" AT/hybrid tires. How many miles/yr do you drive and how well do your tires perform offroad? How quiet are they on road?

I'll lead off...ko2's 315/70/17 load c and drive 25k/miles yr. Performed well at 15 psi as tire flexes a good bit on dry rocky climbs in 5 outings; went mud riding once and tires caked up and were slick. They are very quiet on the road...cant hear them on the hwy. I'm considering looking at a 37" hybrid if I can find a lighter quiet tire.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I have SST Pro and I voted Patagonia. Why?

• Price
  • User reviews
  • Load C availability.
I would have loved to get a load C SST PRO tire but they're unavailable for the majority of 37s while the Patagonia is (I think 38" though). And for a really great price. On the flip side, there's no real long term reviews on them yet. Only time will tell how they hold up.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have SST Pro and I voted Patagonia. Why?

• Price
  • User reviews
  • Load C availability.
I would have loved to get a load C SST PRO tire but they're unavailable for the majority of 37s while the Patagonia is (I think 38" though). And for a really great price. On the flip side, there's no real long term reviews on them yet. Only time will tell how they hold up.
The stt pro's look awesome...I was gonna add mud tires to the poll, but it seems most daily drivers prefer more of an all terrain/hybrid.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The stt pro's look awesome and was gonna add mud tires to the poll...but it seems most daily drivers prefer a more of an all terrain/hybrid.
I know the semantics are debatable, but Cooper actually calls them an "all season maximum traction" off road tire.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I know the semantics are debatable, but Cooper actually calls them an "all season maximum traction" off road tire.
Thanks for the feedback. How many miles/yr do you drive? How loud are they on the hwy?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thanks for the input. How's do they ride on the hwy and how many miles/yr do you drive?

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I didn't see it on the list, but I have the Toyo Open Country R/T 35X12.5/20 on my F-150. Before these, I had the M/T of the Toyo OC. Love this company! These tires are amazing. The R/Ts are so much quieter and smoother than the M/T, and I never noticed the noise on the M/T before with the balance I had between my intake and exhaust. I'm going with the NITTO Ridge Grapplers once I get my JL to try them out. My expectations are they will be about the same as the Toyos. Which is, I can't go wrong.

I only got stuck once in my truck, and that was because the width of the mud trench and the bite of the tire caused a high center. I inadvertently crossed the tracks of heavy equipment when the rain spread the mud like peanut butte and hid the tracks. Track sat down low and when the tires grabbed the edges it just chewed through the mud like contestant in a hot dog eating contest. Live and learn.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I didn't see it on the list, but I have the Toyo Open Country R/T 35X12.5/20 on my F-150. Before these, I had the M/T of the Toyo OC. Love this company! These tires are amazing. The R/Ts are so much quieter and smoother than the M/T, and I never noticed the noise on the M/T before with the balance I had between my intake and exhaust. I'm going with the NITTO Ridge Grapplers once I get my JL to try them out. My expectations are they will be about the same as the Toyos. Which is, I can't go wrong.

I only got stuck once in my truck, and that was because the width of the mud trench and the bite of the tire caused a high center. I inadvertently crossed the tracks of heavy equipment when the rain spread the mud like peanut butte and hid the tracks. Track sat down low and when the tires grabbed the edges it just chewed through the mud like contestant in a hot dog eating contest. Live and learn.
I tried to add the Toyo RT to the poll, but the site wont let you edit poll options

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to add the Toyo RT to the poll, but the site wont let you edit poll options
Had the toyo RT on my ram 2500. Although it was a heavier rig the tires ended up chunking and i had a slash in the sidewall. If you play in any rocks, they may not be for you.

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
We just put a set of 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler's on my wife's Ram 2500 this past November to replace a set of Cooper STT Pro's we were running previously.

As a point of reference, the STT Pro's were a nice tire all around performing well on and off road and while they are a noisier than an AT, neither of us found it horrible or overbearing (I also run them on my JL). Off road these tires perform well, we've wheeled on them in the California (Ram), Colorado (Ram/JL), Florida(Ram) and Moab(JL) and never had any trouble with traction.

So far the Ridge Grapplers have been pretty good and we have no complaints, though we only have a few thousand miles on them so far. On road they've worked well and seem to provide better grip in snow and rain. With regards to noise, so far these tires are significantly quieter than the STT Pro's they replaced. I joke that previously I could hear my wife rolling down the street from a block away where as now I only hear her when she pulls into a parking spot at our building. Can't personally speak to off road performance yet, though those who run them seem to really like them.

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
37" Patagonia's here, I've got about 7k miles on them now and several wheeling trips, tread depth only down 2/32 is still got a lot of life in them. They are as quite on the road as everyone claims

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I ran ridge grapplers for 18 months stiff and heavy, just put in ko2 and went 2 inches larger and they are 7lbs light and the ride quality is night and day better

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The newest offering from Mickey Thompson should be the best AT-based tire given the M/T history when releasing a new tire. It has the beefiest sidewalls, 3 peak snow rated, 50k mileage warranty, and killer looks. I know this is an old thread but these tires are going to be beasts!
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-boss-a-t
Sponsored