Sponsored

Favorite 35” Tires for Off-roading and daily use? Ready.. GO!

Lenny

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 08 JK Sahara
Currently running the Toyo R/T's also.
35's, they are actually pretty quiet on the highway and seem to wear well.
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
The most important question is, what kind of wheeling do you do? What kind of trails are you on? Secondly, would you want the tire to be better off road or have better on road characteristics? I understand you want a happy medium, but what qualities would you like more?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The most important question is, what kind of wheeling do you do? What kind of trails are you on? Secondly, would you want the tire to be better off road or have better on road characteristics? I understand you want a happy medium, but what qualities would you like more?
A good AT tire that is a little quieter on road and doesnt eject rocks.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
A good AT tire that is a little quieter on road and doesnt eject rocks.

Most all terrains will gather rocks because they don’t have the large voids between the tread lugs. The terra grappler is probably the best all terrain tire I’ve ever ran for street, snow, sand, and overall trail use. But like every all terrain, it’s a compromise between drivability and off road performance. And they don’t gather a ton of rocks like the bfg ko2.

I’ve sold a tire of tires in my previous life. The options available haven’t changed all that much.

Now if you want more of a hybrid all terrain/mud terrain, that is a newer market. The nitto trail grappler is a good choice as well. Nitto has been building a great tire for some time now. It won’t have the tread life of the terra grappler though.

It really depends on the way the vehicle is being used, which is why I directed those questions at the OP.

Last edited:

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Cooper S/T Maxx all-terrains.

About as aggressive as you can get and still get no road noise. Also excellent on wet pavement.

Trumps all other options, including the KO2's, which aren't even true to size and fling every single rock they can find.

Pictured are 37's on 17" Method beads. And yes, this is my daily.

(license plate location is temporary. Also, waiting on a specific tire carrier to release. So I have that 37 sitting on the stock tailgate carrier.)

IMG_20181112_153844.jpg

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Cooper S/T Maxx all-terrains.

About as aggressive as you can get and still get no road noise. Also excellent on wet pavement.

Trumps all other options, including the KO2's, which aren't even true to size and fling every single rock they can find.
Have you run Nitto Ridge Grapplers? Curious about that comparison.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I am running 37” RG. Buddy of mine had the Coopers in a 35. He returned them after 2k because they could not get them to keep pulling passenger even though the were rotated and balanced. Alignment was spot on. Changed to a Mickey Thompson MTZ, problem went away.
Sponsored