Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
EA662C03-450E-4FF2-A9F5-E736B100D0E1.jpeg
Country singer Travis Tritts tour bus was involved in a multi vehicle crash. A driver going the wrong way hit another vehicle head on. The tour bus received minor damage after swerving to avoid the accident. Two people were killed in the other vehicles, one of the vehicles was a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The truck ate the front of that jeep. The front door looks like the lid of a can of sardines peeled back.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
That’s awful. Best wishes to those involved.

It almost looks as if the Jeep under rode the truck. It looks like it could be a RAM 1500 or 2500, so it could be possible.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
That makes me want to get a heavy duty steel front bumper again like on my JKU..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Georgew48

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
My wife was hit head on right in front of our house two years ago. She was in my Dodge Ram when a kid that was texting crossed the center line and hit her head on. She was only doing about 15 mph and the kid was doing about 70. I think god she took my truck that instead of her 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock. He hit her so hard it knocked my truck backwards into my neighbors drive way and broke the front axel completely out of my truck. She only received minor injuries from the seat belt and airbag. If she had been in the Jeep I think it would have killed her. The kid was in. Chevy pickup and he had to be air flight with serious injuries. His truck was totally destroyed.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
My wife was hit head on right in front of our house two years ago. She was in my Dodge Ram when a kid that was texting crossed the center line and hit her head on. She was only doing about 15 mph and the kid was doing about 70. I think god she took my truck that instead of her 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock. He hit her so hard it knocked my truck backwards into my neighbors drive way and broke the front axel completely out of my truck. She only received minor injuries from the seat belt and airbag. If she had been in the Jeep I think it would have killed her. The kid was in. Chevy pickup and he had to be air flight with serious injuries. His truck was totally destroyed.
I’m glad she is ok. Texting is just as dangerous as drinking and driving, and much more prevalent.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
That Jeep up there was a JK.
The JL is structurally way better.
Something I just can’t understand is why they didn’t put in a side airbag curtain front to back.
This is one of the main reasons the Jeep gets a low crash score.
I hope FCA makes up for it quickly.
Safety first, than have fun.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That makes me want to get a heavy duty steel front bumper again like on my JKU..
Steel bumpers are good for avoiding bumper damage but i don’t think they are any better in a wreck. Bumpers these days are designed to crumple and absorb impact instead of transferring the force back into the cab.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Steel bumpers are good for avoiding bumper damage but i don’t think they are any better in a wreck. Bumpers these days are designed to crumple and absorb impact instead of transferring the force back into the cab.
Your average accident a steel bumper likely will cause more damage to you. Something like this though I have no doubt it would’ve saved his life and helped the front end from crumpling on him. I’d rather the protection in a serious accident over extra pain in a more minor one.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Your average accident a steel bumper likely will cause more damage to you. Something like this though I have no doubt it would’ve saved his life and helped the front end from crumpling on him. I’d rather the protection in a serious accident over extra pain in a more minor one.
Most of the impact went above the bumper. I highly doubt a bumper would have saved anyone in this case.

Rubi2876

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
Thats so sad and unfortunate. So the point of this thread is a fellow jeeper had an unfortunate demise or is the Jeep unsafe and we all should sue FCA for making a crappy product. It happens to all vehicles...Im sorry. Its physics. Not a super bowl ad.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Something I just can’t understand is why they didn’t put in a side airbag curtain front to back.
Safety first, than have fun.
According to a video posted elsewhere on this site, it's because of the removable doors (and top). That reason seems to make sense to me.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Very true. Solid bumpers can create more injuries to the occupants. But, there are times when it could create a stronger barrier and maybe prevent death. Who knows in this scenario.
Sponsored