Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Thats means this company is using a stanard jl transfer case and the transmission you already have. Keep in mind they are not using 392’s as the base for that hellcat swap.

seems like pretty much all you need is that transfer case adapter, a $17k hellcat crate motor, and whatever is involved with wiring. Subtract whatever you can get for a nearly new 392 motor. What are we looking at $10-$15k without labor?

Now I know what I’m doing with my 4xe in a few years, plug in hybrid hellcat jeep.
Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Here’s something I thought I’d never see in a million years, racing Wranglers! 😄

I remember seeing pictures with things like, “sure you can go fast but I can go anywhere.” I guess now some Jeep owners can say, I can go fast AND anywhere!

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Here’s something I thought I’d never see in a million years, racing Wranglers! 😄

I remember seeing pictures with things like, “sure you can go fast but I can go anywhere.” I guess now some Jeep owners can say, I can go fast AND anywhere!
Hey Racers will race anything, don't forget. Nothing like getting "pulled over" for racing those little "pony" battery wheelchair scooters around our neighborhood years ago =)

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I would not do that. Things that make engines breath more sacrifice low end torque for top end torque. In a 5300lb awd jeep, I wouldn’t want to sacrifice the low end unless you’re doing high stall launches.

You would likely not see much improvement of 0-60 on the street with those packages. You would see a huge improvement from like 40-120mph, but who the hell wants all the fun to happen at speeds where the wrangler can’t turn or brake.

IMO with my limited knowledge on the 392 piston issue, only way to go on the 392 is do pistons/rods + turbskies, blower, or nitrous

One thing to keep in mind, the x5m uses the same trans, and they dyno stock at 550awhp, like 150 more than the 392. Combine the fact that your sharing the power out of 2 driveshafts, your drivetrain has some room to grow.

But would I do any of this? No

Even if you do pistons/rods/bower, you will not have a motor as capable as a factory hellcat motor.

Hellcat crate motors are under $20k and it comes with the blower.

I would hellcat swap it before I modded it. You’ll easily make up the cost difference in the extra equity you have by having a hellcat swapped jeep over a modded 392.
Good things to know! I’ll just keep it stock and and maybe go to 4:56 gears since I’m running 37s.

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
What 0-100 times are you guys seeing?

I’m going to see if I can get my stock 392XR to break into the 11’s on the street when my dragy and new wheel / tire set up arrives this week.

stock(ish) 2023 392XR
Spare removed from back
Factory rock sliders off (waiting on n-fabs to arrive)
Stubby bumper (front bumper extensions removed)
Wheels 20x10 -24 offset 34 lbs
Tires 44 lbs 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes

Working against me: I’m in hot northern Florida and I’m heavy AF (I’m 6’ 2” and look two fitty but I’m really 310 lbs of grade A beef).

this guy got a 12.05 on a non-XR with a swap to 44 lb tires (50 lbs of unsprung weight cut overall) and his spare deleted.

https://www.jeep392.com/threads/sto...ven-after-lifting-at-the-1000-mark.610/page-2

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)

I’m going to see if I can get my stock 392XR to break into the 11’s on the street when my dragy and new wheel / tire set up arrives this week.

stock(ish) 2023 392XR
Spare removed from back

Working against me: I’m in hot northern Florida and I’m heavy AF (I’m 6’ 2” and look two fitty but I’m really 310 lbs of grade A beef).

this guy got a 12.05 on a non-XR with a swap to 44 lb tires (50 lbs of unsprung weight cut overall) and his spare deleted.

https://www.jeep392.com/threads/sto...ven-after-lifting-at-the-1000-mark.610/page-2
I'm sure mid/low 12's stock are realistic for the 392s, just don't trust anything for in-car measurement... not saying he's cheating but, need track measurements.

I'm toying with putting my JK 31"s on and tweaking a little with the Taser to see what happens, maybe do a test/tune night somewhere this Spring. I'm curious too just don't want to flash or do anything that could get me in Warranty trouble removing the speed limiter. Not sure I trust the 392 yet with the couple valve drops reported here.

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
I'm sure mid/low 12's stock are realistic for the 392s, just don't trust anything for in-car measurement... not saying he's cheating but, need track measurements.

I'm toying with putting my JK 31"s on and tweaking a little with the Taser to see what happens, maybe do a test/tune night somewhere this Spring. I'm curious too just don't want to flash or do anything that could get me in Warranty trouble removing the speed limiter. Not sure I trust the 392 yet with the couple valve drops reported here.
Yeah, I get what you’re saying, but there really isn’t any independent data to indicate if a real track is actually more accurate than one of these GPS devices. For all we know, they could be the more accurate of the two measurement formats.

But either way, I suspect the difference between them is down to hundredths of a second either way, so I think the GPS route is a great indicator. Plus, guys measuring on the street don’t have a sticky prepped track service so they are probably actually running slower times than they would at a quarter mile track.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Yeah, I get what you’re saying, but there really isn’t any independent data to indicate if a real track is actually more accurate than one of these GPS devices. For all we know, they could be the more accurate of the two measurement formats.

But either way, I suspect the difference between them is down to hundredths of a second either way, so I think the GPS route is a great indicator. Plus, guys measuring on the street don’t have a sticky prepped track service so they are probably actually running slower times than they would at a quarter mile track.
Maybe so. The track is a great equalizer though, everything documented, measured externally, etc.

I just remember how I could "improve" my measured acceleration and roll-on times with my modified Audis based on elevation and how I timed runs with the computer. You can influence a lot when you're doing the measurements vs external.

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.

stock(ish) 2023 392XR
Spare removed from back

Im from the Jacksonville area also. is there a track around here? Used to in Green Cove Springs but I think that has been closed for a while.

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
Im from the Jacksonville area also. is there a track around here? Used to in Green Cove Springs but I think that has been closed for a while.
I think Gainesville is the closest. I’ll be using a Dragy on a closed strip of road.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
As others have pointed out, the ETs versus trap speeds are wonky: the fastest ET has the slowest trap speed, and the slowest ET has the fastest trap speed. I know that there is a speed limiter (100 mph?), but that doesn't explain it.

Informative thread in any case.
As I’ve said, 392’s are darn quick-they are NOT “fast”. Buddy has a factory SS396/375 horse Chevy 2 back in the day. Topped out at a tad over the ton, but would get there Very quickly. Same for the hotrodJeeps😏

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
As others have pointed out, the ETs versus trap speeds are wonky: the fastest ET has the slowest trap speed, and the slowest ET has the fastest trap speed. I know that there is a speed limiter (100 mph?), but that doesn't explain it.

Informative thread in any case.
I wonder if bouncing off the limiter is a bit off putting so people come off the throttle after hitting the limiter 3/4ths of the way through the 1/4 mile.

If not, every run should have that same 99/100 mph trap speed.

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
Is that 12.05 1/4 mile time the best ever for a wrangler that’s stock except for wheels/ tires/ weight reduction mods?

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Is that 12.05 1/4 mile time the best ever for a wrangler that’s stock except for wheels/ tires/ weight reduction mods?
That's the "best" stock time I've seen so far... but until he posts a slip it doesn't count IMO.

ohthatguy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon 392
That's the "best" stock time I've seen so far... but until he posts a slip it doesn't count IMO.
I understand. It may be harder to pull off on a street vs prepped track surface though. It was a 20 degree day in PA. It will be tough to match that as temps rise.
Sponsored