Sponsored

Fastening or securing the inner fender away from the tire.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
My JLUR fender liner was damaged pretty much right away. So I am going to repair the damaged Passenger side. I bought some ABS plastic and I am going to mold it into shape where it is damaged and add heat shield to the back. I wondered if anyone has figured out how and where to attach the inner fender liners to save them from damage. I want to make sure my drivers side doesn’t get damaged. And I will secure my new repaired liner also.

I thought about metal liners but i don’t want to lose the outer flare lip and don’t want to take everything apart so soon. OEM Replacement liners are back ordered so I will purchase one as soon as they are available and replace my repair once I feel like I want to pull it all a part.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My JLUR fender liner was damaged pretty much right away.
You weren't on I-70 in Kansas by any chance were you when it happened? My driver side liner blew into the tire this past summer when we were driving in high cross winds from the right. There is at least one thread on the forum discussing this issue and it includes suggested tie down points but I no longer have a reference to the thread.

OP
OP
stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
You weren't on I-70 in Kansas by any chance were you when it happened? My driver side liner blew into the tire this past summer when we were driving in high cross winds from the right. There is at least one thread on the forum discussing this issue and it includes suggested tie down points but I no longer have a reference to the thread.
Not far from there! It is a ridiculous thing! But seems every vehicle has something. My JKUR it was coolant smell always. Never leaked a drop. But smelled all the time. Every JK smells, I can walk through a parking lot and know if there is a JK close.
Sponsored