Sponsored

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
They are also actively working towards new biodiesel fuels which are cleaner to make and burn so I think 100% diesel should be an option moving forward along with electric cars. Not to mention most electric cars are being charged off electricity still generated by burning coal or gas so they arnt really cleaner.
Sponsored

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad your diesel is working out, but it is the Ecodiesel owners that documented those issues...
His smile would disappear if he dragged raced many EV’s. I enjoy the freeway on ramp races. 😎

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I am glad your diesel is working out, but it is the Ecodiesel owners that documented those issues...
What I take issue with is the term "so many". Issues exist with every vehicle, but that depiction implies that the issues are overwhelming.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
His smile would disappear if he dragged raced many EV’s. I enjoy the freeway on ramp races. 😎
I enjoy being off pavement. You can keep your ramp races. 😎

Deleted member 59498

Well glad I have one, can't really see spending 20K+ more on an EV Wrangler although they may be fun if they get it worked in correctly. Hasn't cost me anything first year and many years of warranty left.

Sponsored

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Well glad I have one, can't really see spending 20K+ more on an EV Wrangler although they may be fun if they get it worked in correctly. Hasn't cost me anything first year and many years of warranty left.
Wrangler EV is a joke to me…

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A shame to see it go so quickly. I hope owners enjoy theirs for decades to come.

Appropriate that they send it out in Smoke Gray. (I kid!)
"Stinkin' Fast!" ;-) (my 2001 Jetta tdi was chipped....and blew the doors off GTi's back then.)

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Overall costs on diesels erase fuel economy unless higher miles are driven per year. Then after the warranty runs out game over.
Believe it or not, many of us, diesel owners, do not care about the overall costs. I wouldn't be in a JL if I cared about overall expenses.

I bought my diesel not just for the torque and off-road capability but also because diesel engines typically outlast gassers in the longevity department.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Exactly. Speculation that the ED will be discontinued in the Wrangler due to fuel economy is ridiculous. And if that's not the argument, what is? Emissions? Nope. Profit margin? Nope.

The fact is, the other IC options are more in danger of being discontinued.
Probably has more to do with maintaining another engine/transmission combo and the relatively low sales. It's one more engine that has to be certified and kept up to date with emissions and as it's only used in 1 vehicle now may no longer be worth the effort and expense to keep offering it.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Believe it or not, many of us, diesel owners, do not care about the overall costs. I wouldn't be in a JL if I cared about overall expenses.

I bought my diesel not just for the torque and off-road capability but also because diesel engines typically outlast gassers in the longevity department.
Reasonable argument, I also own a PSD, read the comment I responded to…
Sponsored