Sponsored

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
This is exactly why I found my way into my diesel rubicon this year. I’ve always wanted a diesel jeep, and it has not disappointed! I also get that owning a diesel can be a lot to learn so it’s not surprising to see it’s not the most popular option. Once jeep announced the move to electric by 2025 in Feb I knew the clock was tickin. Hope to have this for many many miles on and off road!
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
This is exactly why I found my way into my diesel rubicon this year. I’ve always wanted a diesel jeep, and it has not disappointed! I also get that owning a diesel can be a lot to learn so it’s not surprising to see it’s not the most popular option. Once jeep announced the move to electric by 2025 in Feb I knew the clock was tickin. Hope to have this for many many miles on and off road!
By law parts must be supplied for 10yrs after production, after that it starts getting difficult. It took me about 3 months to find an “obsolete” ignition control module for my V10 PU in an out of state junkyard. Had I not the PU would have been junk. Computers and other vehicle specific parts for low production vehicles are not supplied by the aftermarket.🙁

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
By law parts must be supplied for 10yrs after production, after that it starts getting difficult. I
Not busting your chops, but I have heard 7 years, 10 years, etc and never could find any law or regulation to back this up.

I don't think there's any law that requires parts to be supplied for 10 years after production. If there is, I certainly couldn't find it. At best there's a requirement under the MM act to provide parts under warranty and that's all I could find.

Anyone actually seen this 10 year law and can provide a link to it?

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
I can find nothing on "Farout", is this a Jeep dealer or some sort of concept vehicle? As of right now I am doubting this until I see some source and not dealer email hearsay, from a forum that for whatever reason revels in any negative Diesel news.
I had/have the same doubts but then someone who works at MotorTrend posted on another forum:

" 3.0 EcoDiesel is dead in Ram and Jeep. No ambiguity there. Get one now, because there are only a few more months of production......"

When I asked why it was publicly announced for Ram but nothing at all about Jeep, his response was:

"..... because the brands are run by different people with different branding and marketing strategies. There isn’t enough demand in Wrangler and Gladiator only to keep it around and it’s not inline with Jeep’s messaging. I can give you some anecdotal stuff too, but I should probably leave it at this."

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Not busting your chops, but I have heard 7 years, 10 years, etc and never could find any law or regulation to back this up.

I don't think there's any law that requires parts to be supplied for 10 years after production. If there is, I certainly couldn't find it. At best there's a requirement under the MM act to provide parts under warranty and that's all I could find.

Anyone actually seen this 10 year law and can provide a link to it?
No link— old Ca requirement, Reported 7yrs Federal. This has been addressed on other threads. Real world experience, my PU was nearly junk due to the “obsolete” module that was’t repairable and no aftermarket suppliers. Edit—wish I wasn’t a tech idiot that doesn’t know how to find.🙁 Someone gave specifics on one of the threads.

Last edited:

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I can find nothing on "Farout", is this a Jeep dealer or some sort of concept vehicle? As of right now I am doubting this until I see some source and not dealer email hearsay, from a forum that for whatever reason revels in any negative Diesel news.

I'm a Jeep dealer and I can order one right now in any color.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
As predicted, go back and read the other thread from a couple weeks ago where the big debate was. I 100% said the diesel was dead. Just like GM just like Ford. Where is all the people that said the opposite?

Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Well, if the EcoDiesel is dead, then I certainly wont be parting ways with mine any time soon. If the vehicle were to be totalled in a wreck, I will be forced to move on from Jeep as there are no other engine choices that I would consider. I find it incredibly myopic on the part of auto manufacturer's to be abandoning ICE if favor of EV . . . plain stupidity.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Maybe there are making room for a motor on the assembly lines… hurricane oh please please

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
This has been coming for a while. When Stellantis announced the Ram 1500 would no longer have the diesel, it was obvious they weren't going to keep making them just for the lower volume JL and JT.

Happy I have mine, and the performance has exceeded expectations. That said, it is back at the dealer for another minor oil leak (this one seems like right-side valve cover) and a few other dealer-caused repairs. Hopefully this visit doesn't last 2 months.
Sponsored