Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I had one of the first ones in 2020 and it was bought back, but I have always said it was the best Jeep I ever owned. I’m considering selling my EV and adding the 3.0 to my garage. That’s a bit backwards, but it gives me the perfect personalized license plate…LUDDITE. I’d wear it with pride.
I almost had one of the first ones as well. Walked from that due to shitty dealer (Salt Lake Valley - AVOID!!), then ordered a '21 as soon as I could that summer. I have been though many issues (Jeep has been at dealer for the last 2 weeks for more warranty issues), but still my favorite Jeep out of the dozen+ I've owned.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
As I see this covered in more auto press, I keep being more underwhelmed by the package. Really just a loaded Rubicon with Gladiator wheels and a hood badge. Come on Jeep! You can do better to send out the diesel!

How about yellow accents in place of the red (or blue on 4xe, orange on Mojave)?! Tow hooks, decal surround, and maybe stitching? Just a little hint that it is special. And yes, get rid of the hood decal. Maybe the bigger-opening grill from the JT? Maybe grille from the 20th Anniversary concept (that one would be a stretch, I know)?

Just make it a true special!

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
So all of you that were so adamant about betting it wasn’t the end are you eating your words yet? I hate that we were right because the EcoDiesel is awesome, but I hate even more that despite presenting facts and logic some of you were straight up a-holes about it.

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
So all of you that were so adamant about betting it wasn’t the end are you eating your words yet? I hate that we were right because the EcoDiesel is awesome, but I hate even more that despite presenting facts and logic some of you were straight up a-holes about it.
No facts were presented until Stellantis made a statement....

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
There weren’t any facts until Stellantis made an official statement which is all we asked for. They didn’t make that statement until 9/27. Maybe diesel folks are a bit touchy because there is an over abundance of “trolls” who for whatever reason seem happy to hear this news.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Maybe diesel folks are a bit touchy because there is an over abundance of “trolls” who for whatever reason seem happy to hear this news.
Agreed. I sometimes ponder creating a fictious thread ("my Ecodiesel blew up for no reason") to stoke the fires. :)

All kidding aside - and...this is for Pentastar owners - I ordered a newly released 2012 Penastar in Summer of 2011. The bashing was just as intense (it's Italian, it's unproven, it's not a straight six). Keep in mind, no one had actually driven one at that time, and the incumbent engine was the wheezy minivan V6.

Now, Pentastar owners are rubbing-the-fur-off-the-bunny with affection for their engines. [Clearly, they've NEVER driven an Ecodiesel.]

RMA23

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhawk Cherokee. JL Rubicon.
From email that Jeep dealers received today:

1BFBD8C2-CDF5-484B-977B-2E337ACDA9A2.jpeg

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

2023 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon FarOut: Exclusive Limited-edition Wrangler Marks Final EcoDiesel Production
  • The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon FarOut edition combines exclusive content with EcoDiesel’s torque, fuel economy and range
  • Based on the Wrangler Rubicon 4-door, the Wrangler Rubicon FarOut edition features commemorative “Diesel 3.0L” hood graphic, exclusive “3.0 D” badging and unique wheels
  • Available for ordering through November 2022, the Wrangler FarOut edition will begin arriving at Jeep dealers in the fourth quarter of 2022
wrangler-farout.jpg

September 27, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® brand is marking the end of Wrangler EcoDiesel production with the exclusive limited-edition Wrangler Rubicon FarOut.

Originally introduced for the 2020 model year, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel with 442 lb.-ft. of torque was the most capable Wrangler to date. Since the Wrangler EcoDiesel’s debut, the Jeep brand has introduced the Wrangler Rubicon 392, featuring 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, and the Wrangler Rubicon 4xe, delivering 375 horsepower, 470 lb.-ft of instant torque, 49 MPGe and 21 miles of all-electric range.

“At Jeep, we are always listening to our customers and driven to improve on our legendary 4x4 capability,” said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. “The Wrangler Rubicon FarOut special edition is our tip of the hat to the EcoDiesel technology on Wrangler."

The Jeep Wranglerwill continue to be available with four powertrain choices:
The Jeep Gladiator will continue to offer the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 in addition to the standard 3.6-liter V-6.

The 2023 Jeep Wrangler FarOut edition comes standard with the following equipment:
  • “Diesel 3.0L” hood graphic
  • Exclusive “3.0 D” badging
  • Unique 17-inch aluminum wheels
  • Black leather seats with red accents
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Trailer-Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group
  • Safety Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Body-color fender flares
  • Satin black grille
  • All-weather floor mats
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon FarOut edition features third-generation Dana 44 front and rear heavy-duty axles, a 3.73 axle ratio and the Rock-Trac two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio. The 2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon FarOut edition is available for ordering through November 2022, with deliveries beginning in the fourth quarter of 2022.
So they are only allowing orders until Nov but you can’t even order it yet? (The FarOut)

🤔

Tug556

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
The only negative reviews are from those who have either never driven/owned one or can't/don't want to pay for one.
I wish you were right. I love my diesel, but it doesn't change the fact that it's been in the shop for 3 months this year. They think they finally figured it out, but they always seem to be chasing electrical gremlins.

Sponsored

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I wish you were right. I love my diesel, but it doesn't change the fact that it's been in the shop for 3 months this year. They think they finally figured it out, but they always seem to be chasing electrical gremlins.
Yes but is it in the shop for electrical gremlins or Diesel specific problems......I have the electrical problems as well. Pretty much anyone with a JL seems to have those issues unfortunately.

Deleted member 59498

So it is a Jeep thing and not the engine?

You just have a diesel with the same issues with 2.0 3.6 and 392?

Tug556

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
So it is a Jeep thing and not the engine?

You just have a diesel with the same issues with 2.0 3.6 and 392?

Negative. The dealership said it's electrical issues, but it causes the engine to die while driving and not restart. It is an engine issue.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
So they are only allowing orders until Nov but you can’t even order it yet? (The FarOut)

🤔
I was at the dealer Saturday going over some stuff, you can definitely order it right now under the rubicon tab.

I will say it's kinda a dumb package, aside from the badges and hood graphic, there's nothing special here, and pricing wise it doesn't really save you any money.

RMA23

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhawk Cherokee. JL Rubicon.
I was at the dealer Saturday going over some stuff, you can definitely order it right now under the rubicon tab.

I will say it's kinda a dumb package, aside from the badges and hood graphic, there's nothing special here, and pricing wise it doesn't really save you any money.
Yeah not an awesome send off. I must be missing it. I do see you can still order the engine but not this silly edition.
Sponsored