Sponsored

Falken Wildpeak M/T takeoffs

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see much on the forum about the sometimes equipped Falken Wildpeak M/T in 285/70/17C. I am looking at a set of takeoffs tomorrow for my 2-door Sport and am looking for some last minute feedback on these.

I'm not a huge BFG fan so these appeal more to me. How's the slick traction compared to the KM2? I am thinking of keeping my AT's for daily driving and the MT's for the trails.
Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
My thoughts were much like yours; I wanted something other than BFG and ordered the Wildpeaks on my Rubi. Did some granite trails in Colorado and the Falkens had roughly the same traction as my friends with BFG ATs, so I’m not sure they are an upgrade. They do a great job on wet roads with standing water. I suspect they won’t do great on snow/ice, so I also bought some BFG AT takeoffs for winter. I’m not sure there’s much value for me in this strategy.

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
As an update I bought the takeoffs and was able to get them on this weekend. The OEM sport wheels with Bridgestone AT's came in at 68lbs and the Rubicon wheels with Falken MT came in at 86 lbs per the bathroom scale, but they seem so much heavier than a 20lb difference. Definitely needs more suspension, I have Rubicon shocks/springs which will be going on shortly. The rear seems to have a lot more squat, like a boat out of plane...

IMG_20190825_111319.jpg
Sponsored