First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all!

Was just wondering for those that have Falken Wildpeak M/T 33's, how's the on-road experience? I know the KO2's are more suited for that kind of thing, but is the difference really that stark? I've heard that the Wildpeaks are better than most mud-terrain tires, but I wanted to get some other viewpoints. Thanks!
Sponsored

Zipdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Ram 3500 Cummins, '20 JLUR
Hi all!

Was just wondering for those that have Falken Wildpeak M/T 33's, how's the on-road experience? I know the KO2's are more suited for that kind of thing, but is the difference really that stark? I've heard that the Wildpeaks are better than most mud-terrain tires, but I wanted to get some other viewpoints. Thanks!
I can't speak to the 33's, but I do have the Falken Wildpeak M/T 35's. I had factory KO2's (33") on for about 2k miles before getting the Falken 35's (dealer ordered the wrong tire or factory installed wrong ones...never got a firm answer but it all worked out in the end). I have had them on wet/dry road, sand, mud, and trails (no serious rock crawling since it's my DD) and I am more than satisfied with their performance. Additionally, the road noise is almost nonexistent and the wife even comments on how quiet they are for such an aggressive tire especially since it's a soft top.

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak to the 33's, but I do have the Falken Wildpeak M/T 35's. I had factory KO2's (33") on for about 2k miles before getting the Falken 35's (dealer ordered the wrong tire or factory installed wrong ones...never got a firm answer but it all worked out in the end). I have had them on wet/dry road, sand, mud, and trails (no serious rock crawling since it's my DD) and I am more than satisfied with their performance. Additionally, the road noise is almost nonexistent and the wife even comments on how quiet they are for such an aggressive tire especially since it's a soft top.
Really? Thats interesting. How has the tread held up? I heard that Mud-terrains generally don't last as long on the road due to the aggressive tread.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
I have a bone stock Rubicon with factory Falkens. I have the stock size. I currently have 30k miles on them and have been very impressed. I've done many rock crawling adventures and they have yet to let me down. If they weren't so heavy, I would look to move to 35s in them(33s weigh 62lbs).

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2018 CX-5, 2020 RAM 1500 BTS
I just went from stock sport “Kevlar” wranglers to wildpeak mt take-offs and they are clearly louder than the wranglers but not overwhelming. No regrets from me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just went from stock sport “Kevlar” wranglers to wildpeak mt take-offs and they are clearly louder than the wranglers but not overwhelming. No regrets from me.
Has the ride changed at all? I have the same stock tires on my Sport right now. I also recently purchased a set of Rubi take-off suspension that I have yet to install, so that'll also affect the ride quality.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has the ride changed at all? I have the same stock tires on my Sport right now. I also recently purchased a set of Rubi take-off suspension that I have yet to install, so that'll also affect the ride quality.
unsure what is my imagination versus reality but feels more truck-like at low speeds (if that makes sense?). Highway felt the same (just louder). But looks dramatically better and my quick trail testing felt like much better traction. So sticking to my position it is a good upgrade!

6B9DCCD8-AD97-4185-AAF8-8070D432DB31.jpeg

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
unsure what is my imagination versus reality but feels more truck-like at low speeds (if that makes sense?). Highway felt the same (just louder). But looks dramatically better and my quick trail testing felt like much better traction. So sticking to my position it is a good upgrade!

Jeep Wrangler JL Falken Wildpeak M/T on-road review 6B9DCCD8-AD97-4185-AAF8-8070D432DB31
Love the look! Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

6B9DCCD8-AD97-4185-AAF8-8070D432DB31.jpeg
One more question, did you notice any rubbing offroad with the stock Sport suspension setup?

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more question, did you notice any rubbing offroad with the stock Sport suspension setup?
Nope, but am getting a 2” lift on Friday to complete the “look” as 33s look a little cramped.

QED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had the 33" Falken MTs stock for a while. No problem driving across country or offroading. They'd be fine for a daily driver. I took them through some snowy mountains, though, and they felt a lot more squirley than I liked. MTs aren't great in snow, typically, due to the lack of siping. When I upgraded to 35's I went to the KO2s.

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the stock Falcons on my rubi. They have performed great on the trails and the mud. They are quieter than my wife's Ridge Grapplers on the highway. I was very worried about snow performance but I just did 3 hrs of driving in a snow storm (highway and secondary) and never had a pucker moment. They are definitely not Blizzaks or the like but handled very well in my opinion. Definitely thinking about sticking with them when I go bigger!

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, but am getting a 2” lift on Friday to complete the “look” as 33s look a little cramped.
How did your gas mileage change from going from the Kevlar to the Wildpeaks?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did your gas mileage change from going from the Kevlar to the Wildpeaks?
I haven’t done any “real” driving since adjusting the speedo using my tazer. But on a route I normally got 20.1ish with the wranglers the onboard computer said I got 19.0 with the mts. So assume it will go up a little from that now that it knows my real speed.
Sponsored