sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t done any “real” driving since adjusting the speedo using my tazer. But on a route I normally got 20.1ish with the wranglers the onboard computer said I got 19.0 with the mts. So assume it will go up a little from that now that it knows my real speed.
How well did the taser work? I've been thinking about getting one.
Sponsored

jet70

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have a local shop in town suggesting the
Falcon Wildpeek A/T3w tires. I'm looking at putting them on my Rubicon with 2.5" teraflex lift.

Thought on those tires? Should I create a new thread?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Rubicon came with the Falken M/T in 285/70/17. I just replaced them with some Kanata Trail Hogs AT-4 in 315/70/17 after 25,000 miles on the Falkens. Overall, I was very impressed with the way the Falken rode and the way they wore, but I did notice as they wore they got slightly louder. They appear to be pretty heavy for 33" tire since the Kanati 35's only weigh 4 pounds more.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2018 CX-5, 2020 RAM 1500 BTS
Falcon Wildpeek A/T3w tires. I'm looking at putting them on my Rubicon with 2.5" teraflex lift.

I have those on my Ram - very smooth but some sidewall flex so am not sure if I would want them on my Jeep. Seem overall good tire so far but my Ram only does pavement and dirt road...

59A5CDCD-BCD7-4010-A447-BFF4EDB37499.jpeg

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2018 CX-5, 2020 RAM 1500 BTS
How well did the taser work? I've been thinking about getting one.
Seemed idiot proof and got my Speedo calibrated right the first try (total 15 min). Still need to explore the other features- bought it because purchase price was basically same as dealer adjusting it... no brainer.

Just brought Jeep home with teraflex leveling lift installed- so far perfect for my wants/needs.

9E202ACC-B3B3-4975-BD6B-FC66A836E439.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Seemed idiot proof and got my Speedo calibrated right the first try (total 15 min). Still need to explore the other features- bought it because purchase price was basically same as dealer adjusting it... no brainer.

Just brought Jeep home with teraflex leveling lift installed- so far perfect for my wants/needs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Falken Wildpeak M/T on-road review 9E202ACC-B3B3-4975-BD6B-FC66A836E439
Jeep looks fantastic!

Zipdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Ram 3500 Cummins, '20 JLUR
Really? Thats interesting. How has the tread held up? I heard that Mud-terrains generally don't last as long on the road due to the aggressive tread.
I have noticed very little tread wear so far, but I'm still under 10K miles. They are a great tire in my opinion, but I'm sure if you read the posts on the forum you'll find the same about almost every tire on here. Most of my driving is highway, dirt, trails, and beach, and these tires do the job well. We don't get much snow in this part of NC, but we do get to the mountains occasionally. I understand from other posts that this tire holds it's own in the snow as well...for what that's worth.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I know this is about the M/T version but I love my A/T version of this tire. It is a very aggressive A/T and has the snow rating.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

I had 35" AT3Ws on my JLU Sport for 25000 miles. This is an outstanding tire. It's better on road than the K02s. It is MUCH better than the K02s in the rain. Very grippy for on road use. They've also been very good to me in the snow. The K02s on my Raptor are very competent in the snow as well but the Falkens on my Jeep were a bit better.

I did A LOT of off roading on Colorado trails and again the Falkens are an excellent tire. I only got stuck once in a snow bank but that was more driver error than the tire. The K02 is also an excellent off road tire IMO. I haven't been crawling in my Raptor to the degree I was in my Jeep but I did do some fairly aggressive rides and they held up well.

To summarize, the K02 and Falken AT3Ws are both excellent off road tires. The Falkens are better for on road, especially in the wet. The Falkens are also slightly better in snow.

Now that I've moved up to a Rubicon, I'm deciding between ATs and MTs. However, either way, I'm going to be buying Falkens again.
Sponsored