First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Just noticed new videos uploaded on the Teraflex website discussing the new Falcon SP2 shocks. @TeraFlex do you have any more information or the difference in valving compared to their non-SP2 counterparts?

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I wonder if they are even worth the extra $100 compare do the non SP2? I just ordered a SP2 set for my JT to test out compared to my Mopar fox set up. We shall see how it rides :P

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
The SP2 now comes with a additional adjustment that can be made at the time of install by simply rotating the shock shaft to a soft or performance setting. the internal valving from the 3.3 knob adjustment is the same between the SP2 and non SP2 shocks. with the SP2 shocks you are gaining even more adjustment to further dial in your driving experience based on how you like the vehicle to react.

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Any update on these?
way better than the mopar fox kit hands down. Override drive feel is much improved. Barely any body roll like there used to be and in the highway it’s so much more planted where I used to feel the rear end float.

the falcon SP2 kit with mopar springs are a perfect match for daily drivers

p.s
I set the falcons to the stiffest setting instead of the softer setting if you rotate the shaft in the other direction per instructions

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
way better than the mopar fox kit hands down. Override drive feel is much improved. Barely any body roll like there used to be and in the highway it’s so much more planted where I used to feel the rear end float.

the falcon SP2 kit with mopar springs are a perfect match for daily drivers

p.s
I set the falcons to the stiffest setting instead of the softer setting if you rotate the shaft in the other direction per instructions
Thanks

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
The SP2 now comes with a additional adjustment that can be made at the time of install by simply rotating the shock shaft to a soft or performance setting. the internal valving from the 3.3 knob adjustment is the same between the SP2 and non SP2 shocks. with the SP2 shocks you are gaining even more adjustment to further dial in your driving experience based on how you like the vehicle to react.
@TeraFlex, Do you think there would be any benefit (or possible issues) with running the Front SP2s on the Performance Setting and the Rears on the Soft setting? My 2 door has a Steel Bumper and Winch on the front that I think it might benefit from additional dampening, while the rear of the Jeep is at stock weight.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
There Will be no issues whatsoever running the shocks at different settings. It's exactly what we designed them to do. I run mine in a more firm setting on the rear when I'm towing a trailer versus when I am not. Adding more weight in the front or the rear can definitely add call for using a more firm setting. in the end it will come down to how your vehicle reacts and what type of control it brings.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
There Will be no issues whatsoever running the shocks at different settings. It's exactly what we designed them to do. I run mine in a more firm setting on the rear when I'm towing a trailer versus when I am not. Adding more weight in the front or the rear can definitely add call for using a more firm setting. in the end it will come down to how your vehicle reacts and what type of control it brings.
@TeraFlex , Thank you, that flexibility is exactly what I'm looking for.

One more question, What setting on the 2.1 SP2s (Performance/Soft), more closely matches the standard 2.1 shocks?

Thanks again :like:

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
@TeraFlex , Thank you, that flexibility is exactly what I'm looking for.

One more question, What setting on the 2.1 SP2s (Performance/Soft), more closely matches the standard 2.1 shocks?

Thanks again :like:
The SP2 model opens up a check valve to relieve some pressure and offers a firmness of 25% less.
On the standard 2.1 it will be exactly as the performance mode is on the SP2.

TeraFlex Team

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I just installed the SP2 2.1 on my JLU. I think the two settings instead of reading soft/performance should say wood/concrete because that’s about as much give these shocks have riding around on the street. If you want your Jeep to lean less than a sports car the. These are for you. If you want comfort and not feel bumps you can’t even see then these shocks are still way too firm. Worst riding shocks I’ve put in any vehicle for jarring ride.

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
I just installed the SP2 2.1 on my JLU. I think the two settings instead of reading soft/performance should say wood/concrete because that’s about as much give these shocks have riding around on the street. If you want your Jeep to lean less than a sports car the. These are for you. If you want comfort and not feel bumps you can’t even see then these shocks are still way too firm. Worst riding shocks I’ve put in any vehicle for jarring ride.

Strange. I have the SP2 2.1 on my 2020 JLU Rubicon and I have all 4 set on the soft. I have the steel bumper group with a winch, running Nitto 35 X 12.5 X 17, and Rockstar III's with -12 offset. I say all of that to say that I absolutely love how the Falcon's ride and perform both on and off road. Hands down the best shocks I have ever had. Like them so much, I installed the exact same set up on my wifes 2019 JLU Rubicon.

Last edited:

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Strange. I have the SP2 2.1 on my 2020 JLU Rubicon and I have all 4 set on the soft. I have the steel bumper group with a winch, running Nitto 35 X 12.5 X 17, and Rockstar III'2 with -12 offset. I say all of that you say that I absolutely love how the Falcon's ride and perform both on and off road. Hands down the best shocks I have ever had. Like them so much, I installed the exact same set up on my wife 2019 JLU Rubicon.
I thinks that’s exactly why I hate them and likely any one else who hates them probably has a barebones unloaded JL. I have a JLU sport with no metal bumpers and only 33s which is why the shocks ride like concrete.

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
I thinks that’s exactly why I hate them and likely any one else who hates them probably has a barebones unloaded JL. I have a JLU sport with no metal bumpers and only 33s which is why the shocks ride like concrete.

Good point. Didn't think about that. You're probably right.

I also think tire pressure has a lot to do with the ride quality. Both my Jeeps stay at 30 psi, unless we air down for a specific reason.

But I have learned, shocks are like tires, some love a certain brand while some hate a certain brand.

For example. I tried several different brands and styles on my 05 TJ. What finally work great, FOR ME......bottom line white Rancho RS 5000.
Sponsored