First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Looks to be a new Falcon shock variation coming to the market. Not much information out there so far on them (that I could find anyways).

Sponsored

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
I have also not been able to find anything on these but getting close to puling the trigger and giving them a try. It looks like this was in response to all the negative feedback about the shocks being too stiff, they said the twist will offer 25% softer ride. I would love to hear from anyone who has used these.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have also not been able to find anything on these but getting close to puling the trigger and giving them a try. It looks like this was in response to all the negative feedback about the shocks being too stiff, they said the twist will offer 25% softer ride. I would love to hear from anyone who has used these.
If you’re looking at a high end shock, check out Radflo. Installed these two days ago on one of our shop jeeps (wife’s DD) and so far we have been very impressed. They were valved for the RK spring rates

Brett

F7C99F54-A270-4E2F-AAA1-214BD2939AC3.jpeg

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Did you happen to pull the trigger on these? Have these on my radar now

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I have a set of 3.3 SP2 arriving Friday. I plan to install them this weekend. Currently running the regular 3.3s, I'll let you know how they compare.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have a set of 3.3 SP2 arriving Friday. I plan to install them this weekend. Currently running the regular 3.3s, I'll let you know how they compare.
I hope they are what you’re looking for. They are such an awesome looking shock too

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase

Did you talk to TF? They hooked me up with a set moving up from the 3.3 to the 3.3 SP2. They are softer for sure, you can notice. But the jarring bumps that you're used to are still there. One of the TF employees decribed SP2 this way:

The SP2 shaft adjust is like your 4H/4L and the 3.3 fast adjust is like your gears. So its the Sp2 just softens everything up across the board but still behaves the same. They're great shocks and probably the coolest looking but for peice of mind I ended up ordering a set of accutune Fox 2.0RR to at least have my shock "valved for my springs." Ill update if you like as I get them tomorrow to see if im becoming clincally insane or if I do truly have a stiff ride.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I put the 3.3 SP2(with 2dr valving) on a customers JLU with everything set to soft. The difference was night/day over the previous 3.3's he had which were way to stiff for his fairly lightweight 4dr.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I put the 3.3 SP2(with 2dr valving) on a customers JLU with everything set to soft. The difference was night/day over the previous 3.3's he had which were way to stiff for his fairly lightweight 4dr.
It's concerning when even some of the teraflex employees are running 2dr shocks on their 4drs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
It's concerning when even some of the teraflex employees are running 2dr shocks on their 4drs.
:movember: Should I order the 2.1 SP2 valved for a 2 door for my JLUR? I run relatively light, only the OEM steel bumper to consider with no rack, winch, or heavy overloading gear. Where will this put the ride quality relative to the stock rubi shocks with D rated tires? @TTEChris

OP
OP
Alanscott1

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I had the Falcon 3.3s for my 2dr JLR and inquired with Teraflex about getting them revalved. Basically they only offer to revalve the Falcons from the 4dr valving to the 2dr valving. If you’re a 2dr guy and unhappy with the shock valving you’re SOL with Teraflex.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Falcon 3.3s for my 2dr JLR and inquired with Teraflex about getting them revalved. Basically they only offer to revalve the Falcons from the 4dr valving to the 2dr valving. If you’re a 2dr guy and unhappy with the shock valving you’re SOL with Teraflex.
Yep, and they're the only ones that can receive these shocks

Mr.Klean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I went from the 2.1’s to the SP2 2.1’s with 2dr valving on our JLUR Friday night and drove at least 60 miles Saturday. I have the shocks set to soft and it’s a night and day difference. The ride quality is what I was looking for from the start when I bought my 2.1’s a year ago. Now that’s not to say if someone wants a firm ride quality that the regular 2.1’s are bad by any means. So needless to say I have 2.1’s for sale now here in the great state of Texas lol.

F287742D-A4BB-4EEE-83E0-774893F836F4.jpeg

JustAJeepn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So is the reasoning behind using 2dr shocks on a 4dr is because they are not valved to withstand the heavier weight of a 4dr, thus providing a little bit softer ride?

I am eyeballing the SP2s when I finally get around to installing a lift.
Sponsored