Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
before and after

20181209_191249.jpg

20181209_190810.jpg
How was the install? Did you just measure previous ones and set same length, notice any difference in handling? My driver side seems way to angled but pass side seems perfect and has never loosened.
Sponsored

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
How was the install? Did you just measure previous ones and set same length, notice any difference in handling? My driver side seems way to angled but pass side seems perfect and has never loosened.
fully threaded in worked for me. no change in ride but certainly more comfortable about not having stuff fall off when the wife is driving around.

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
I know this was years ago but I just installed the 2.5 Rubicon Express lift with Fox shocks on my 2020 Jlur and the sway bar collars collapsed and I had to use the stock rear ones like many other kits do. Anyway I am having a huge problem at highway speeds of 70 -75 mph the Jeep seems like the suspension is so soft it wants to keep body rolling left and right the entire time and its super annoying. I didn't know if after a few year some one might have some good info on this kit now. I had a 2018 jlu with the 2.5 Rough Country Lift and it was definitely a rougher ride but drove like a dream especially when I drove it from Texas to Florida for a Vacation trip. Thanks for any help

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Mine rode better with this kit, but I used the Mopar Fox shocks, not off the shelf Fox'.

I'd verify no loose hardware. make sure the control arms were tightened after the vehicle was sitting back on the ground. Verify toe setting. I also ended up getting a new drag link, the joint on the pitman arm was toast.

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Thanks, I have checked most of that stuff but I did buy a better drag link to try that. I have 3,000 miles on it and the factory stock drag link and tie rod i can twist back and forth and it cranks super loud on both of them while I twist them both ways.

Sponsored

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Finally able to update some info. I have check all the hardware and added relocation brackets on the front and rear track bars to put the axles back in the center under the jeep, Installed a synergy drag link, and looked at everything possible i can. The only problem I have is hit bumps or coming off a higher point of road when the keep extends the suspension the axles drop out and the tract bars allow the front axle to drop hard right and the rear axle to drop hard left causing a scary 70mph twist of the entire jeep. I have no ideal what to do except put some different springs in it that are way stiffer since these are stupid soft.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finally able to update some info. I have check all the hardware and added relocation brackets on the front and rear track bars to put the axles back in the center under the jeep, Installed a synergy drag link, and looked at everything possible i can. The only problem I have is hit bumps or coming off a higher point of road when the keep extends the suspension the axles drop out and the tract bars allow the front axle to drop hard right and the rear axle to drop hard left causing a scary 70mph twist of the entire jeep. I have no ideal what to do except put some different springs in it that are way stiffer since these are stupid soft.
Ive not really experienced anything like that, or I've gotten used to how these soft suspension vehicle ride. My 2018 Raptor is a bit wallowy on the highway at speed too.

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
So figured out the problem a few months ago. I ended up swapping out the springs and shocks thinking that was the problem but also lifting the jeep more in the process. When we purchased the jeep. we took it offroading and when we went home after that day realized the steering was acting all weird. Turns out we had stretched the Aluminum gear box internals and gained slop. We took it to the dealer and there is a recall to replace the garbage Aluminum steering box and Aluminum bolts to a steel box with steel bolts. That fixed everything and it has been fine for the past few months ever since.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm waiting for my steel box, any day Jeep cares says.

Sponsored

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll bet! I been waiting since 2018! was ordered about 2 weeks ago..

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
We originally had a 2018 jlu sport that drove extremely straight and we really didn't have issues with it, but someone pulled out in front of my Wife and totalled it for us. We had a 2.5 in lift and put 33s on it. We had taken it offroading maybe a hand full of times and never had a steering issue. The 2020 Jlur that we replaced it with had problems immediately after we bought it new. Seems weird to me but I was so glad it fixed the issue with the box. I have the box steering brace we ordered for the aluminum box as well and I am going to see if it will fit the steel one for extra support since I have it anyway.
Sponsored