Falcon 3.5 aDAPT

colt45

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Just ordered the falcon 3.5’s with aDAPT about a week ago, with the 3 1/2 in lift springs. Teraflex says 3-4 week shipping. Definitely excited and nervous with how expensive they are. Haven’t really seen anyone else running these yet but will definitely report back
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Just ordered the falcon 3.5’s with aDAPT about a week ago, with the 3 1/2 in lift springs. Teraflex says 3-4 week shipping. Definitely excited and nervous with how expensive they are. Haven’t really seen anyone else running these yet but will definitely report back

I love my 3.3s with the old school quick adjust by hand. I paired them with the softer Mopar lift springs and they have been a great combo for comfort.
If you do find them too firm for your liking, you can always have them valved for a 2 door. (This is unless you actually have a 2 door). 🍻

OP
OP

colt45

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
I have the 4 door. So thinking I’ll start with the soft setting on the SP2 adjustment then maybe halfway through the yr switch it to the performance/firm setting. How does the SP2 adjustment change the normal adjustments?

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
These are game changing, I missed the purchase date by about a month so I am running the standard adjustable 3.3's and love them but having the ability to fine tune and adjust on the fly is awesome. Keep us updated when you get them installed.

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
My brother just installed these on his 4 door. He likes them. I thought the auto adjustment was kind of a gimmick at first but you can tell the difference switching it on and off. I'm not bummed that I bought the 3.3s but I certainly would give the 3.5s another look if I had to do it all over again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

colt45

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Finally got them in today after a long wait due to a wiring issue. Installing them along with the 3 1/2 springs from teraflex this weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL Falcon 3.5 aDAPT 7BB1E8AB-1F6B-455B-8556-1BA0E441383A

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
This is very intriguing. I've got a close buddy who loved his falcons. This might just push me over the edge depending on measurements and feedback. Do you have the 2-4" lift version? What is your collapsed & extended measurements? How much travel?

dirtydawgsrubi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
I’ve had these installed for about a month with good results and installed on the soft side. You can tell a difference between auto, soft and firm. We pull ours behind our RV and I have to remember to switch it to firm manually for a better tow as we’ve found it smooths out the overall ride in the RV with less bounce. We’ve recently completed 3 BOH trails, Crown King through the back way and out through Senator and Big Bug as well as lots of other trails. I’d guess about 6k miles in total of trails and towing so far. Soft setting makes a huge difference in washboard on those NFS roads and such. Great ride in Auto on pavement. My only issue is the driver rear appears to have a bad seal or something as it’s blown most or all the oil out. I’m working on sending it back for evaluation, but have to get another set of shocks to install while it’s out being evaluated. We are running 37” K02’s on a 2.5” Clayton Overland Plus lift for reference.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed them, I really can’t feel a difference between all the settings so I’m a litte worried maybe I did something wrong. Did you guys do anything with the ground wires that’s looped with the ignition wire? The instructions say nothing about it for adapt and the video instructions say that the ground wire shouldn’t even be there “not included in final product.” Do you hear an actuator on the shocks or anything when you switch the modes?

Sponsored

dirtydawgsrubi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
Hi! I hooked up the ground wire on ours when I ran it to the battery. Perhaps they made a revised version as it said nothing about not needing to. I don’t hear anything from the system while it’s in operation. I really don’t feel a difference in modes during normal driving. Pulling it behind the RV is definitely noticeable. Rougher roads also make a difference. We went out yesterday and hit a few more technical trails and I left it in automatic and the ride was good. One note, I didn’t wire mine up to the key switch. Its tied directly into the battery because of towing. I need it to react even when the ignition is off. Still working on a solution for that as I don’t want it on 24/7. My Mini2 fuse taps just came in so I’m starting to work that process out. I need to watch their instruction video. Maybe something major changed and I really want to know why they left the adjustment knobs on the shocks of the system is making the changes automatically.

How does yours drive?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! I hooked up the ground wire on ours when I ran it to the battery. Perhaps they made a revised version as it said nothing about not needing to. I don’t hear anything from the system while it’s in operation. I really don’t feel a difference in modes during normal driving. Pulling it behind the RV is definitely noticeable. Rougher roads also make a difference. We went out yesterday and hit a few more technical trails and I left it in automatic and the ride was good. One note, I didn’t wire mine up to the key switch. Its tied directly into the battery because of towing. I need it to react even when the ignition is off. Still working on a solution for that as I don’t want it on 24/7. My Mini2 fuse taps just came in so I’m starting to work that process out. I need to watch their instruction video. Maybe something major changed and I really want to know why they left the adjustment knobs on the shocks of the system is making the changes automatically.

How does yours drive?
I wired the black and red to the battery per the instructions but I also have a ground that goes with the red wire that taps into the accessory 12v. That’s the one I’m just making sure on.

dirtydawgsrubi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
My guess is that it’s using a common ground on that circuit inside the controller as it’s not drawing that much power. The tech at Teraflex also said I could run with one or more unplugged while the checked my leaking one out.

I always forget about the app, but you can double check that the controller is at least working by using the app after calibration. I never remember to open it up on the trails.

I’m still on soft with the initial setting of 4. When I get the rear shock back we are heading to Windrock and will check out the other settings to see if we can tell a big difference. Of course I probably won’t be able to wait that long and will probably just change out both rears short term. My wife wants to go back to Beasley Knob and run it again for a stock vs lift, shocks and tires comparison and she remembers how rough that was after a good rain.
Sponsored