David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Put the RC 2.5 on 5k miles ago on my JLUR. Happy with the results and a decent kit for the price.

Fast forward to Black Friday and my purchase of Falcon 3.3's from @OffRoadWarehouse at a great price.

Some items of note that will help those of us with the RC spacer lift.

Note that the Falcon 3.x 2-4 inch lift shocks extended length IS beyond most non reservoir shocks

• Front
    • The supplied sway bar links from RC for the front are too short (they limit droop as they're too short for the extended droop now)
      • I kept the factory rear links and used them - had to add a few washers on the driver side but overall lined up and extend correctly now - not a factor.
    • The brake lines definitely need to be addressed
      • I stretched out the factory retainer on the lower control arm and it's taught but doesn't look like it will be a problem.
    • Locker / FAD wiring
      • One of them (FAD if i recall) I had to cut one of the zip ties near the frame. They left a little loop that I extended - they I'm sure knew that when folks lifted they would do that - (nice touch Jeep).
  • The shock extenders from the RC lift tend to pull the tabs in on the axle shock mounting point - had to open them back up to accept the new shocks (never thought I'd use a pipe wrench on my Jeep!)
    • FYI, the shock extenders get pulled for both front and rear.
  • Rear
  • The supplied sway bar links from RC for the rear are too short as well.
    • They may not have limited droop (there is also a spacer for the frame mount that Teraflex provides) BUT they hit the shock body at full droop - thus they will be the limiting factor at full (or close to full droop) - must correct that pretty quickly.
  • Parking Brake - I had to re-route the parking brake to under the frame - no biggie and should have done when I installed the rear springs but I had a spring compressor and skipped that step as it was NOT needed for the Rubicon shock and provided extenders.
    • Tip, use a 13mm box end (12 point) and you can slide that over the cable to remove the clamp on the axle. There are little metal tabs that you have to squeeze on all sides and this put even pressure on all of them at once.
  • Rear Springs
    • The spacer in the back is 2 inches which is the minimum for the shock. At full droop the springs unseat themselves about 1/2 inch BUT with the design of the cone shaped isolator AND the bottom of the spacer it should NOT actually depart ways from the upper seat.
  • Tension on brake lines / wires for locker, breather tube.
    • I had to pull one of the two attachment points of the locker wire from the frame to give it enough slack.
All that said, they look great and ride well. I would say that they're a bit stiffer picking up the little imperfections a bit more than the stock rubicon shocks did BUT anything bigger in the road and they excel. Heading to the desert this weekend to do some high speed runs on "whoops" and washboard that I'll report back on. That should be where they shine - and I was already impressed with the Rubicon shocks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
You didn't leave the RC shock extensions on did you? It doesn't sound like you did but I am just making sure. ;)

-Eli

OP
OP
JLUSoCal

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't leave the RC shock extensions on did you? It doesn't sound like you did but I am just making sure. ;)

-Eli
No :like:, I'm pretty sure the whole axle would fall out with another couple of inches. The droop is pretty extreme and I'm looking forward to twisting it up a bit.
Sponsored