Sponsored

Failure to restart after stall - "Depress Clutch Pedal" error.

RandyB-JL19

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL - Sport S
I stalled my Jeep because I attempted to start in 3rd (yes, my fault) at a busy intersection - no biggie, just depress clutch and select first, push button...NOTHING! Reset gear, release and depress clutch, push button --- MORE NOTHING! But the dash sign is blaring "Depress Clutch Pedal." Dammit, I am!!!

Put wife in driver's seat, push to curb...hop in, reset gear, release and depress clutch, VRRROOOMMM...
Does the JL push button require some time passage to reset after a boo boo? Is this something to worry over.

A retest of the scenario on a quiet street later would not repeat the problem.

Thoughts and experiences?
Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Had this happen to me a couple times. And of course usually at intersections. To get it to restart I have to cycle the ignition off and on again a couple times. And of course when I try to duplicate it under controlled conditions there is never a problem.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
You usually have to wait a few seconds to retry from what ive come across ... The car operates in a rhythm and once that rhythm is broken the car can sometimes do silly things.. .. Usually if that happens just power off then try again in roughly 5 sec.... Kinda like a cool down period

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have had this happen a few times to me. First time I thought it was because I really did not press the clutch to the floor. My radio was replaced for some other issues and it has not happened again.
Sponsored