Sponsored

Failed rear diff locker motor on brand new wrangler?

MapChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
This afternoon I drove over railroad tracks and my axel light came on and was also flashing near the locker switch. I pulled to the side of the road and it went off. I was able to drive the rest of the way home with no issues. Reading through the forum and other internet threads, it sounds like it's most likely a sensor. I am a new Jeep owner and haven't dealt with the dealership yet. I purchased used, 21 Rubicon, about four months ago. I guess my question is, do I need to wait until the light stays on before the dealership will even consider looking at it? It seems like many owners have to make repeat visits to get any resolution.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

sturek

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon XR
My 2023 is currently at the dealership with 5700 miles on it for the same issue...when I showed up the light on the instrument cluster was blinking and also the rear locker button...I had turned the engine off while waiting so of course nothing was blinking when the 'service advisor' looked, no error codes were in memory either. Basically was told that even though I showed him a video of the error they couldn't do anything....left only to return about 45 minutes later when it started blinking again...still no error codes but he finally wrote it up. Not the end of my frustration but mine is dealer specific since it's been sitting in their lot coming up on two weeks because they're too busy.

I'll be interested to see how the problem and fix get written up because nobody there seems to have heard of this issue before even though there are tons of you tube videos and forum posts...and Z Automotive even went to the trouble to design and manufacture a 'fix' that could be handy to have if you have the money for it.

Reactions: J0E

sturek

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon XR
My 2023 is currently at the dealership with 5700 miles on it for the same issue...when I showed up the light on the instrument cluster was blinking and also the rear locker button...I had turned the engine off while waiting so of course nothing was blinking when the 'service advisor' looked, no error codes were in memory either. Basically was told that even though I showed him a video of the error they couldn't do anything....left only to return about 45 minutes later when it started blinking again...still no error codes but he finally wrote it up. Not the end of my frustration but mine is dealer specific since it's been sitting in their lot coming up on two weeks because they're too busy.

I'll be interested to see how the problem and fix get written up because nobody there seems to have heard of this issue before even though there are tons of you tube videos and forum posts...and Z Automotive even went to the trouble to design and manufacture a 'fix' that could be handy to have if you have the money for it.
So....interesting update to the ongoing saga...just got a call from the dealership, they've been going back and forth with Jeep trying to figure out the problem, said they replaced the sensor/actuator but still getting the error......so now I get a new axel assembly that is getting shipped from the east coast to Nevada....looking at another week if not more.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Is it though? I mean how many months did it take them to figure out how much oil the damn thing took?
And they still can't get it right for some people. Its best to do all your own fluid changes.

sturek

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon XR
So....interesting update to the ongoing saga...just got a call from the dealership, they've been going back and forth with Jeep trying to figure out the problem, said they replaced the sensor/actuator but still getting the error......so now I get a new axel assembly that is getting shipped from the east coast to Nevada....looking at another week if not more.
@JeepCares
Sponsored